Watara Supervision recommendations?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I just scored a Watara Supervision with the TV Link and Crystball.

I know the TV Link is extremely uncommon, and also fairly sought after because the system's built in screen is even blurrier than the original Game Boy's.

It also displays games in four colors, Super Game Boy style.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any game recommendations. I'll actually be able to see the screen because of the TV Link, so any genre is in play.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Can you post some screenshots when you get it? I would like to see this thing in action.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
very cool! definitely post up pics and videos when you get it. I've often wondered how hard it would be to backlight mod the screen since it seems fairly similar to DMGs

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I have one game. Jon Adventure. You'd think with a name like that it would be a platformer, right? Totally a Dr. Mario ripoff. I love Chinese knockoff games and systems.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'll post some shitty cellphone shots of it running on my PVM when it gets here from eBay. Far too lazy for a video, though.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just be careful with those Supervision TV adapters. I had one a few years ago, the build quality inside is done by blind 4 year old's with 2 fingers. Most of the ones I have come across are PAL too, but I'm sure your PVM can handle it.

Whats funny about the TV adapters is they are just another supervision inside a funky case with AV out. I bought a SV back in the 90s out of some magazine for cheap, played Crystball a lot. Not a bad Arkanoid clone from what I remember.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It got here today. At first I thought it was broken but it turns out that the TV Link doesn't like NI-MH rechargeable batteries. Probably due to the slightly lower voltage.

So here's my shitty cellphone pic
EqsuwBE.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
ahaha that is awesome. i cant wait to see some other games running on that thing.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I don't know anything about the Supervision but I just got an email from Super Fighting Team that mentioned they are developing a new, original RPG for it.

turq

Quiz Detective
It got here today. At first I thought it was broken but it turns out that the TV Link doesn't like NI-MH rechargeable batteries. Probably due to the slightly lower voltage.

I've never seen the manual for the TV-Link, there doesn't appear to be a picture of it anywhere on the net. Did your unit come with the manual? If so, any chance of a quick pic?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Here is the manual. This time I used my shitty laptop webcam instead of my shitty phone. Results still shitty.
Quvk5Mk.jpg

hPjKLT7.jpg

famicommander

15 Year Member
I got a lot of 13 games off eBay, just waiting for them to arrive

s-l500.jpg

Hopefully some are good

famicommander

15 Year Member
The exposed contacts aren't a real issue for me. All my Lynx and TG16 games still work fine, and they have exposed contacts.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
The exposed contacts aren't a real issue for me. All my Lynx and TG16 games still work fine, and they have exposed contacts.

Lynx and Wonderswan games both need to be cleaned more regularly than Game Boy or Game Gear or TG16 stuff in my experience.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I've never cleaned any of my Wonderswan or Lynx carts.

One of the 13 Supervision games I got doesn't work though, so maybe it is an issue for this system.

HtheB

n00b
Sorry to bump up this old thread.

Famicommander, do you still have the TV Link?
If so, do you have a PAL or a NTSC TV-Link? It's written on the bottom of the TV-Link.
I've noticed that the NTSC makes the game a bit faster on my side. Can you try out and see if there is some difference in speed when using your Supervision with and without the TV Link?

I've been trying to gather some information about the TV Link, since there is almost nothing available on the internet.
See my findings over here at the moment: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252368-watara-supervision-hooked-on-tv/#entry3958789