Baseball Stars Professional

violentluke

New Challenger
picked this game up today and was comparing scans, ran across these Motorola chips in the game and couldnt find any info on them.
Is this game legit?
7q3gzj5.jpg

Q1D9n8I.jpg

hF2NlVJ.jpg

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
I'm hardly an expert, but I THINK it's ok. The 2 boards on MVS-Scans use different brand chips there (although not Motorola) so apparently they weren't all the same brand. You've got no windowed EEPROMs and the numbers on the other chips match up to their position, and they're NEO boards with the right part number.

I THINK it's ok...

violentluke

New Challenger
I'm hardly an expert, but I THINK it's ok. The 2 boards on MVS-Scans use different brand chips there (although not Motorola) so apparently they weren't all the same brand. You've got no windowed EEPROMs and the numbers on the other chips match up to their position, and they're NEO boards with the right part number.

I THINK it's ok...
Thanks, it looked fairly ok too me as well, just wasnt sure on how many different chips get used on a Neo Geo board, still new to the Neo Geo

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
BSP is very common, so I think you might be OK.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You know things are bad when someone questions the authenticity of Baseball Stars Professional :lolz:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
You know things are bad when someone questions the authenticity of Baseball Stars Professional :lolz:

Especially when it's on SNK boards w/legit mask ROMs. No idea why anyone would think that's a bootleg. OP is contender for worst noob of 2016.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Meh the OP is fine, just a simple noob question. Worst noob of '16 is that idiot who keeps asking for scans of the DGE insert.

violentluke

New Challenger
Especially when it's on SNK boards w/legit mask ROMs. No idea why anyone would think that's a bootleg. OP is contender for worst noob of 2016.
Still learning the spotting bootlegs specifics.
Didnt see the Motorola chips on the MVS scan site so I googled them and couldnt find any info, so I asked here.
Now ive learned there must be many different types of chips used on these boards.
So I will continue to learn from this forum about Neo Geo specifics, just ignore my few posts if they upset you so much.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Fucking shit madman needs some new games or a damn hug. Why so serious? *add joker meme here

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Baseball Stars Professional has two sets of MVS boards. I have both of them, and yes OP, this is a legit first set.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Totally legit...it is just SNK used NEO-MVS PROG-EP and NEO-MVS CHA-EP which are generally used for prototypes (check Last Resort prototype scans for example)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Good to note for newcomers is that the older games like the launch titles have PCB's that are quite different to the latter cartridges. my NAM-1975 for example has a similar layout, might be the same I can't remember but the point stands. It's still funny though. ;)