Xbox 360 Arcade Stick Recommendations

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Tired of playing KOF XIII with the joypad. What stick do you guys recommend for the 360?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Tired of playing KOF XIII with the joypad. What stick do you guys recommend for the 360?

Something something sanwa blah blah blah.

Srsly they are all the same as long as you don't buy the cheap ones. A madcatz TE or a hori hrap all come with nice Japanese parts.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i was looking for one not long ago. was recommended the sf4 madcatz sticks in terms of quality, and it's also compatible with the pc out of the box, which is a good thing if you're into mame.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you have a good stick already, I'd suggest a converter. PS360+ or Brook Universal Fighting Board.

ajflutie

n00b
Get a X-Arcade ... Then mod it to fit your needs with different style buttons and joysticks. Check mine out in my signature, you can also use it for many different devices and x-arcade offers a converter for older systems such as ps2/xbox/dc/gc.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Get a X-Arcade ... Then mod it to fit your needs with different style buttons and joysticks.

no. Just... no.

I'm with the rest. the Madcatz TE sticks are great, and with USF4 no longer in evo tournament play, people are dumping them left and right for CHEAP.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
It has to be the Madkatz TE Controller....i wanted one for my Cave Shmups on the system at the time & i could find no better stick TBH.
I sold it last week along with the system & got out of online gaming.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Get a X-Arcade ... Then mod it to fit your needs with different style buttons and joysticks. Check mine out in my signature, you can also use it for many different devices and x-arcade offers a converter for older systems such as ps2/xbox/dc/gc.

Hahahaha. NO!

Neo Gold

Hey , Now i remember those X-arcade sticks...i was shocked when it arrived..too big!?..i was well miffed over the excessive play in the stick & buttons :(
Sold it on...

ajflutie

n00b
I prefer mine being big so I can put it on a table and it wont slide. I also prefer having 2 players because I don't play with myself :)

I emphasized the modification for a reason, I would never recommend a stock x-arcade, but you can order IL joysticks and Happs competition buttons or whatever preference you have and replace it pretty easily like I have done.

Neo Gold

I prefer mine being big so I can put it on a table and it wont slide. I also prefer having 2 players because I don't play with myself :)

I emphasized the modification for a reason, I would never recommend a stock x-arcade, but you can order IL joysticks and Happs competition buttons or whatever preference you have and replace it pretty easily like I have done.

That's cool beans ...i tried a set of those Happ buttons in my old Lordsvale cabinet...they were perfectly matched to the unit & i was very happy..
It was only the size i was not into (x-arcade)...personal preference is all.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
maxresdefault.jpg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I use a sanwa modded hrap2 with the xtokki 360 converter. Nice little lagless converter if you have a PS2 stick already.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Man I havent played with ps14g buttons in awhile.hanks , now I need to order some.
As far as op question goes. Look at craigslist, should be pretty cheap then Google Xbox 360 joystick input lag data. Compare to list and avoid any of the high lag input models

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
My vote is for a qanba qraf comes already compatible with PC xbox 360 and ps3

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
If you have a good stick already, I'd suggest a converter. PS360+ or Brook Universal Fighting Board.

Is there an adapter for for PS2 sticks? I'd love to play some 360 games with my good old Ascii.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
My vote is for a qanba qraf comes already compatible with PC xbox 360 and ps3

I second this.

Also, if you wish, try sanding down the ring around the d-pad on the 360 controller. It helps a lot. It's still playing KOF on a pad, but it still helps.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is there an adapter for for PS2 sticks? I'd love to play some 360 games with my good old Ascii.

I have a Xtokki PS2 to 360 controller converter that I use with a Saturn pad of all things. It works great, and I can't detect any lag.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
(Hori RAP EX-SE)

I similarly use a HRAP EX with stock buttons swapped for Sanwa buttons as my main stick after buying it used and unmodified at a GameXchange for ~$35.
Beats my standard Hori VX any day (except for the auto-turbo switches).