The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
you cant cancel out of a special, you can only super from normals including vtrigger cancel. They went more old school in the sense you have to commit to your move

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm psyched for the Hybrids. I always thought of Alex, Oro, Urien as hybrids and in sense Alex is a Hybrid Grappler...too bad this concept never took off with Capcom...NASH should have been a hybrid.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So I buy a PS4 bundle from newegg on ebay, and those dumbasses have the nerve to send it without requiring signature confirmation. So the tracking says it was left at the front door, and it's nowhere to be found. Knowing fedex, this fucking situation can take up to a month to figure out. Seriously. Fuck newegg.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn that sucks, I feel for you man, set a dispute with your credit card used.

Amazon seems to be very good about shipping and what have you, maybe give them a shot if you can get your money back, best of luck man.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fuck Wes, that sucks. What the hell were they thinking?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So I buy a PS4 bundle from newegg on ebay, and those dumbasses have the nerve to send it without requiring signature confirmation. So the tracking says it was left at the front door, and it's nowhere to be found. Knowing fedex, this fucking situation can take up to a month to figure out. Seriously. Fuck newegg.

FedEx has this new thing apparently where they will mark items as delivered, but all it means is it made it to the local hub. You need to call them to have it marked as shipped and they'll ship it. It happened to split442 on here.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wes, give it till tomorrow. Sometimes it says delivered so that it shows they met the commitment time. It's happened to me with UPS. Hopefully it wasn't stolen or lost.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
FedEx has this new thing apparently where they will mark items as delivered, but all it means is it made it to the local hub. You need to call them to have it marked as shipped and they'll ship it. It happened to split442 on here.

What's weird is that in the tracking status it specifically said "delivered, left at front porch, no delivery signature requested" at 2:21pm. So I call fedex and I'm having to run around the house like an idiot looking for places the driver "might have" stashed it, as well as my neighbors. Fedex tells me they're putting a trace on the package and getting in contact with the driver and will let me know something within a couple hours (this is around 6:30, shortly after I made my initial post).

Then, randomly, at 8:30, the driver shows up with my package, and I have to sign for it, oddly enough. He doesn't say anything, or make any mention of what happened (which is weird because Fedex was supposed to get in contact with him).

Regardless, I finally have it and it's time to get everything set up.

woop woop mutha fuckas

IMG_0912.JPG

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Fuck yeah dude, glad it worked out for you. Ive been there before, with the ps2 on release day lol

How much you snatch it up for?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

Watch this

Edit, turns out my shit was wireless. Gonna hard wire and test. Lost at 18 or so with sim.

Still has issue wired.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I gotta get some matches with you dudes before I just stop caring. I'm giving thought to just selling this, as 60$ is just to high for this game.. I'd be better off waiting till the bad press hits max capacity and it ends up like 20 bucks, at that point I wouldn't feel stupid. (If anyone has a PS3 HRAP 3 rotting away, hit me up.)

I think this game should have been 40$ at release. I do not see 60$ worth of content here at all. The FGC greats will be amazing in it, and make it look like a cake walk with big smiles on their faces, but I don't know if I give a shit to invest the time to be seriously competitive. I have to really love a game, 3rd strike was the only SF I put that time into, and I don't love or have a passion for this game so far that shows me I'd wanna go through the misery investing the time into it. The engine feels clunky as hell to me, and I hate how air to air and anti airs work so far.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
my fight id is BruteDLX

I've thrown my hat in the ring. Playing on PC. Matches seem to have good connectivity. I'm doing well for not being a hardcore SF player. Only ran into one good Ryu player tonight who beat the brakes off me.

After playing thru the story mode with all characters, I see some that are fresh and unique. Laura seems like an interesting character. I really like how they've switched up variation of the same move with respect to the light, medium, hard buttons.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Watch this

Edit, turns out my shit was wireless. Gonna hard wire and test. Lost at 18 or so with sim.

Still has issue wired.

Lol, that sucks dude. I think we've all had our share of those moments, unfortunately.

I've had some weird moments where it appears to freeze on me for a second, then fast forwards through my opponent comboing the crap outta me before I regain control.

Overall I am having a blast. I've added everyone from this thread. I'll be on tomorrow sometime after 4pm cst. Invite me to a battle lounge or I'll send some invites if I see ppl online.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Nothing makes me love SFV more then roll back, or in some cases 'roll forward'. Or even worse getting a win and removing my hands from the stick just to find I'm dead after winning a match. What is V trying to be as a game? Some rush down intense game, some grappler exploitation game? I'm seriously curious what the direction is. Ryu's super shitty cRH sucks. I miss his far range cRH. One of the reasons I lost interest in him immediately. Dude is like some x tekken wonker now. He's really fucking good to.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Got your messages while I was studying. Will have to get in some games tomorrow. I'm having to cram way too hard for this piano exam tomorrow. Do you play with a headset?

My fight ID for my PSN account is Soilwork, I probably won't be playing the PC version much (where my fight ID is wespaul)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll be with my girlfriend all day. No headset. Will have to be tomorrow night. Someone join me at password 1258. Seriously. I haven't played a single match with any of you guys. baka, I tried your id of Mr_Bakaboy and got nothing.