The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Gameplay wise I think he's OK, but somehow his design feels a bit off, could be me though....

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So went to Anime Central in Rosemont, IL and they had an arcade version of SFV thought I would share.
20160521_111710.jpg

It was running on a PS4 so the input delay was more noticeable then the PC players have set up. A lot of bitching could be heard about that.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Looks nice, im thinking of picking up the pc version to see if the input delay is a big difference

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
pretty sure those were the exact cabs that were at magfest, neat

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Where the fuck is balrog? Did they even release a character this month?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Where the fuck is balrog? Did they even release a character this month?

By this month, they always mean the very last fucking day.

supposedly an announcement at combo breaker this weekend?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
They're at least showing Balrog now. Which means we should see him sometime in 2017 with the extra delays. Especially since players already said they played him behind closed doors. This is amazing.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Recorded me performing some combos and set ups from watching various videos. This Nemo shit is ridiculous.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Capcom projected 2 million units sold in the first quarter after Street Fighter V's launch.

Today, 17 months after launch, they have reached 1.7 million shipped.

Only 100,000 sold since the end of March.

Total bomb.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Capcom projected 2 million units sold in the first quarter after Street Fighter V's launch.

Today, 17 months after launch, they have reached 1.7 million shipped.

Only 100,000 sold since the end of March.

Total bomb.

That's what they get for rushing and making people pay full price for a incomplete game. After that, make you have 6 million matches to acquire enough points to get characters or have you pay for extra shit. Never buying another Street Fighter at full price again.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Funny too, considering how well Injustice 2, Arms, Tekken 7, and even Smash 4 (still) are selling.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The thing that bugs me the most is if they just brought out the majority of the characters and the non character specific stages right away most of the gripes are moot. Hell they could have made the character stages, and a bunch of characters pay to play, and nobody would have bitched.

The game IMO is way more fun then SFIV and gameplay wise only Tekken 7 comes close to being as fun. It's simple, but deep. As evidenced by one group bitching it's too simple and another group saying it's too random (Yes, I know certain characters V-Triggers are overpowered, but bitching the game is random when obviously the same people win over and over and it's not always the same couple of characters something tells me they figured something out others have not. Cause if not then why doesn't everybody else beat them?).

Last edited:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
For all the issues that SFV has, I agree that the gameplay itself is great IMHO. I really like the way it plays and the mechanics, the game itself is fun to play once you get past its problems.

That being said, the launch was botched and clearly rushed. The lack of single-player modes, small roster, low number of backgrounds, server problems, lame season 2 characters, and other issues have tarnished the game's image. If the rumors of a "super" version are true, and Capcom re-brands the game with a new aesthetic, new modes, a new interface, and more overall improvements, it may really help improve the game's image. They just CANNOT fuck this up, as many people will just write off the game for good.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
... the game itself is fun to play once you get past its problems.

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
If the rumors of a "super" version are true, and Capcom re-brands the game with a new aesthetic, new modes, a new interface, and more overall improvements, it may really help improve the game's image. They just CANNOT fuck this up, as many people will just write off the game for good.

Oh they can fuck it up. They still think there is a simple fix to this. Arcade mode and some characters people are bitching to get (i.e. Sagat, Sakura, Necro, Q, Oro, and C. Viper) is not going to mend all the ill will. It's sad, but it might take MvCI to completely tank for them to realize they have really fucked up their reputation. I wonder though are we seeing the last fighters from Capcom for a long while.