The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I would if there's a disc for it...does it play much better than the PS3/360?

There's no disc, digital only...

I think it runs way better than ps3 version and being able to hit share and upload matches is super dope.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I feel you both. I try so hard to get into Charlie but all I keep wishing is that he'd be a charger...in false hope I was dreaming of the regular Charlie (like in story mode) to be unlocked and have the Alpha 2...maybe 3 moveset, it's just a dream...dream.

I'm in the same place, can't find a decent character to grow with which is why I play a conservative Ryu, just old shenanigans and trixies but that can only take me so far when the competition gets rough. I like Bison but he's a weird fuck, I loved him in SF4, he was awesome and cheap....psycho punisher is my favorite Ultra in the game. Thank god for DJ in 4, I wouldn't play it as much if he wasn't in there.

If Balrog isnt a charger I'm going to cry.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
May get on some battle lounge later on. For now I am going to play the training a bit to brush up on combos. I was bringing some pain with Alex and Laura two nights ago, but got sloppy with follow up moves, punishers and some combos I forgot. I might play some fightcade after SFV as well, if I am up for it.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
May get on some battle lounge later on. For now I am going to play the training a bit to brush up on combos. I was bringing some pain with Alex and Laura two nights ago, but got sloppy with follow up moves, punishers and some combos I forgot. I might play some fightcade after SFV as well, if I am up for it.

I might be down, shoot me a text.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Im having a character crisis for the opposite reasons. can't decide who to main because all the characters have stuff that appeals to me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh really...isn't that sweet...1st world problems, lol.

I'll be in a few in case anyone is up for some matches.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I really wish I cared more to be good at this game.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I really wish I cared more to be good at this game.

I played 4 matches yesterday afternoon. I keep trying to justify to myself that I didn't waste $45, but I just don't have the want to play this game. Im thinking of maybe grabbing KI3.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
that sucks you guys, I still dig this game. I am doing better than usual in online matches this time, real life has beat me down enough that I don't really care and with the assist of weed I can brush off lag tactics and drops and losing to silly things easily.

Also definitely set that ping filter to 4-5, I still get matches just as quickly (slowly) as ever and I get way less of the stupid losses I shouldn't have to take because the game decided not to show me the obvious jump ins I would have normally demolished repeatedly.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Just be glad simcard can stop jump in with jab. Even that can be a bitch because you need to time it, and any lag or skippy shit and you just get killed. If you are Karin, it's weirder. Like, I got sFP to stop jumps, or the horrid cFP, but that move is a better crush counter for jab wake ups. It is so timing specific to hit that sFP right if they close jump, that it's just like a lost thing online.

This game is about practicing situations + a game plan. People think this shit is super read based, but it really isn't, it's 'just 3S for dummies' This game caters to people who don't like learning heavy execution based combo's. Which is cool and all, but eh. I just wish I had one character I felt like I'd want to use forever. All these 2d to 3d fighters wear down for me fast. It's better then IV I think? I just miss the IV basics of stopping stupid shit I see with my eyes. I'll never get over how many start up frames certain anti airs have in this game. I also wish combofiend had nothing to do with it, when people on the fan level get involved, the whole picture changes. Keep americans the fuck out of fighting games, pleaseee.. Look how shitty HDR was due to sirlin.

A lot of these famous FGC people seem like the types who'd run ebay scams or something. Just shady shit. I don't know if I want to be seen as a FGC person. I've been playing 3S yun lately almost exclusively. I'll play/suck at V more later today.. I think the game is cool, but I'm a spoiled entitled brat with fighters and I want things my way at all times. I can't accept major changes to stuff I feel was fine before those changes came in. God is Zanqueef fucking amazing in V though. I almost hate fighting that character unless I can make that match unwinnable with Sim or some shit. His normals are so good now it is unbelievable. Also, fuck air to air masturbation and low jab in V. Seriously.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I just don't have time to invest... on the weekend I just want to pick something up and have some rounds with the homies... So it would be nice if I could use a character I liked.

I guess I need to play more ultra 4 and skullgirls...

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I just don't have time to invest... on the weekend I just want to pick something up and have some rounds with the homies... So it would be nice if I could use a character I liked.

I guess I need to play more ultra 4 and skullgirls...

Bring the claw allz the times!!! Alex is quite fun to learn more in this game, with his parry/v-trigger. Also, just like me....stick with Laura a bit, I have seen you doing some clever shit with her as well.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I just played against someone with half my points in ranked, the game would freeze skip like crazy. If I knew this shit was gonna run like KOF XII i wouldn't have bothered. God is this horrid.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I just played against someone with half my points in ranked, the game would freeze skip like crazy. If I knew this shit was gonna run like KOF XII i wouldn't have bothered. God is this horrid.

I have mine locked at 5 and this shit still happens. The downfall of every online fighting game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fuuuuuck, now the entire server is down. This shit has been such a grimey experience. I haven't logged in in a while either, the timing is like the worst.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I have mine locked at 5 and this shit still happens. The downfall of every online fighting game.

4-5 is the magic setting for some reason. Still not perfect but it has better connections then just 5

I'm actually starting to wonder if KOF XIII has a better netcode then SFV (Not counting the PS3 release. Just XBL and PC.). I used to think SFV's netcode stays better in a farther distance, but after playing so many 1/4 second input delay matches and countless teleporting matches I have my doubts now. Especially since SF always has more NA matches then KOF ever will, and I play my friend in Michigan yesterday on XIII and it was flawless. I can't really pick out a match in SFV that felt that way online.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I played XIII on the PS3 with Filthy, he leaves 10 mins away from me and it was awful...but on the other hand I've had more good matches than bad ones on SFV. Played against Craig, LWK, SNK Nostalgia, Razo, I know there's a few more there, so far all those matches have gone rather well. Just saying.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
How is the connection between east n Westcoast?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Not saying its filthy router...
but a lot of people don't know how to configure there routers...

Opening ports can make a huge difference... gutz live on the same street as me, just 30 blocks away... and I still have better matches with EG and Sancho....

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Not saying its filthy router...
but a lot of people don't know how to configure there routers...

Opening ports can make a huge difference... gutz live on the same street as me, just 30 blocks away... and I still have better matches with EG and Sancho....

prolly my router

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Filthy Router...

@HDR, I think LWK is west coast and I'm east coast, we had decent connection in SFV, of course he's an animal and made cry inside but we still had a solid game.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Oh that's cool, ill try to get online w/ you guys then. Thought the connection would be too bad.

Anyway, i finally got gold w/ Gief. This was so frustrating too get but feeling good right now.