Philosoma

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Either you played it or you didn't... And if you did... you know.

Also, on a side note, The Little Mermaid on NES is technically a shooter.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Surprisingly this was the reason I got a Playstation at launch. The summer before the PS1 came out I was at a Die Hard Gamer's Club store and they had the import on display. I was amazed by the 3d cutscenes. The first couple levels I played weren't that bad either. I still think the CG looks pretty good, especially for how old it is. Not the best playing shooter but I always liked it. Too bad the sequel is a totally different game.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Oh god Sewer Shark. I really wanted to like this game back in the day. If you got rid of the awful FMV it might not be half bad.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If it only would change it's dull BG graphics as often as perspectives... at least it's 60fps.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
I really wanted to like Sewer Shark as well as Tomcat Alley. But it just never happened. I had an idiot neighbor who was blown away after watching me play Tomcat Alley. He went and bought a Sega CD just for it. Clown. RIP FMV.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Not quite, if you observe some of the more prominent last-to-current-gen games like Beyond: Two Souls, which could be considered the successors of FMV. Offering a gameplay, that consist mostly of watching the protagonists, rather than controlling their actions, with only occasionally interspersed joypad commands in the mould of: "move right-left rapidly" to... rub the towel against your back.

But hey, it may even be entertaining, tho my guess is rather that the only thrills you'll ever encounter, will be those coming from the vibration unit of your controller.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Hahaha... you sure got me there. Tom Zito, the Bernard Madoff of the pre-Tripple-A gaming industry, or its Yuri Gagarin -- whatever flows your boat ;).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Most of those full motion titles were already made long before the sega cd came around. They needed content and it was quick and dirty. Such slop it was.