Hey there!

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
First off, this is a great forum. :)

A little about me... I have been gaming since I was 5 with my NES way back in the day. The games I had then were Mario, Friday the 13th, Dick Tracy, Tagin Dragon, Harlem Globetrotters, and that's about it. Not kidding. I played the hell out of those games too. I actually got to the second mission in Dick Tracy as a kid. Those games were relentless! I can't count the number of times I threw a controller or punched the power button while raging. Such a crappy experience!

My first console in my room was the Genesis. It came with Sonic, and I couldn't get enough! My gaming years improved significantly during that time! True enjoyment.

The first time I saw a fighting game was Street Fighter at a local grocery store. I was a very poor kid, so poor in fact that my parents refused to give me 25 cents to waste on the experience. I saved my lunch money so I could play that game. I think lunch was something like $1.20 and I would get $1.25 each day for lunch, so it took a week to get the 25 cents needed for a play. It was a long week! I "borrowed" a pill container from my dad, so I could store my nickels until I had enough to convert them into the precious currency I so desired. See, back in the day life was much more simple. We'd go to the store, and my parents would tell me to meet them up front, or my mom would find me running around when they were done. I took my container of nickels to the cashier to get my quarters :)

When I was around 13 or so, my cousin actually got an AES. I didn't know what it was at first. All I knew was that it was amazing. He had 2 or 3 games, and I have no idea what they were. I was rarely over their house, but when I was, it was game time! And such a great time it was. Between watching Dukes of Hazard, drinking hot chocolate and playing Neo-Geo it was a paradise. No more change needed to play these fantastic games!

My next system was Playstation, played the hell out of the pack in demo disc. Then I got games like Tekken.

I never saw a Neo-Geo cabinet in person until much later in life. I was at the staging area while at Ft. Lewis Washington. There was a 4 slot cabinet, with Metal Slug and a few other games. We played that game all night long! So much fun.

Many many years later, I am out of the Army and have a family of my own. Gaming has been an integral part of our lives. When I moved for the army, all of my stuff got tossed into storage because my parents moved. Long story short, the unit was subject to water damage, and they lost almost everything in that one unit. This included my games, comics and many other things I have long forgotten.

Now that I am much older, I run a custom furniture business in my spare time. My day job is in testing plastic things.

You may be able to tell from this novel, but I am very passionate with gaming. At the end of my very long days, it is so nice to fire up my game systems as I re-live my childhood. Albeit, a nicer version of my childhood. :)

-Mel

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
achievement unlocked: Fakk1 WOT level.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
He's referencing that apparently this place has at least one (I think) member that is in prison for murder.

If you haven't done so already, proper protocol requires you to:

1. Post a pic of your wife, it needs its own thread in the Everything Else portion of the Marketplace.
2. Create a dating advice thread in the War room.
3. Go read this: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...Market-Purge-ROT-Style-Starts-post-944/page39
4. Make a collection gallery thread.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
He's referencing that apparently this place has at least one (I think) member that is in prison for murder.

1. Post a pic of your wife, it needs its own thread in the Everything Else portion of the Marketplace.
3. Go read this: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...Market-Purge-ROT-Style-Starts-post-944/page39

Or you could post useless shit like this dipshit and admit to pedophilia, and then edit all your posts like a pussy.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, Mel. Quick questions:
(1) Do you remember what AES game(s) that you played at your cousin's house? Fighting game such as Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting?
(2) Do you currently own any Neo Geo hardware or software? AES, MVS, or CD?

First off, this is a great forum. :)

When I was around 13 or so, my cousin actually got an AES. I didn't know what it was at first. All I knew was that it was amazing. He had 2 or 3 games, and I have no idea what they were. I was rarely over their house, but when I was, it was game time! And such a great time it was. Between watching Dukes of Hazard, drinking hot chocolate and playing Neo-Geo it was a paradise. No more change needed to play these fantastic games!

I never saw a Neo-Geo cabinet in person until much later in life. I was at the staging area while at Ft. Lewis Washington. There was a 4 slot cabinet, with Metal Slug and a few other games. We played that game all night long! So much fun.

-Mel

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Welcome to the forum, Mel. Quick questions:
(1) Do you remember what AES game(s) that you played at your cousin's house? Fighting game such as Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting?
(2) Do you currently own any Neo Geo hardware or software? AES, MVS, or CD?

All I remember was there were fighting games. It was to long ago, and I didn't know that much about them at the time. I went from playing Sonic to his house, it was a different world.

I have several AES games, and my AES is on its way to me from Japan right now. Recent eBay purchase. Once it arrives, I will be sure to do a collection shot. My other stuff is PS1 and Saturn. Some Nintendo stuff as well, but the bulk is xbox 360, Saturn and PS1. Part of creating the childhood I never had :)

I am looking into MVS to AES converters now. I can't spend thousands on Metal Slug :)

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
in a few days i'd like to see a thread by you in the war room threatening to rip somebody's throat out over a game cartridge or else i'm going to have to drag you into my cave

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
in a few days i'd like to see a thread by you in the war room threatening to rip somebody's throat out over a game cartridge or else i'm going to have to drag you into my cave

Wait, what? Who has my cartridge? :) Don't hide them any longer!

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

Looks like sylvie wants a cracker, maybe she's as bored as me, caught me off my guard, amazes me the will of instinct.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
SMB2_boss_Birdo.gif

Heyyy!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Llama, you're a bit too level headed, I'm going to need you to freak out or melt down or something soon.

Spoiler:
I want to make some Llama Drama jokes

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Llama, you're a bit too level headed, I'm going to need you to freak out or melt down or something soon.

Spoiler:
I want to make some Llama Drama jokes

Thanks :) I deal with stressful shit all day in my real life. I come on here to discuss video games and other entertainment stuffs while trying to have a good time.