Neo Geo MVS Controllers

I was looking to get another copnsolosized version of a controller and not sure is there is a differneace bettween the AES and MVS pinout?

Was looking at getting something like one of the folllowing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Su...099144?hash=item33adac8e88:g:sUAAAOSwp5JWZVKr

OR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-CD-...439486?hash=item542923697e:g:sFgAAMXQyfFR-KjH

Also welcome any other recommenda
the Omega MVS console:
https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console

Thanks for any advice you may have.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The pinouts between NGH and MVS are the same, consolized systems should share that pinout - with the Omega that is for sure. You can buy either of the Controllers you linked, but the original NGCD pad (rather pricy auction there?) is the best option for a pad IMO since it has a very nice clicky (microswitch) stick.

Or you could get a stick, which is the best way to play Neo... there's tons of options.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Or you could get a stick, which is the best way to play Neo... there's tons of options.

...All you have to do is LOOK.... by using the fucking "search" function because this subject comes up all the time.

OR....... use Google, because I'm SURE that SOMEONE, at some point in the last 15 years or so has had the exact same question.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...All you have to do is LOOK.... by using the fucking "search" function because this subject comes up all the time.

OR....... use Google, because I'm SURE that SOMEONE, at some point in the last 15 years or so has had the exact same question.
what are you quoting me for? Just because I was in the mood to help someone out instead of yelling
"SEARCH.
FUNCTION."
like I do all the time?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
You do God's work.

This topic didn't need to be made. Theres plenty of avenues one could go down to answer a question like this.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You know, that SNES controller seems like a good idea for Neo-Geo, but I will warn you - the D-Pad is ATROCIOUS for quarter-circle movements. This is coming from someone whose favorite pad is in fact the SNES pad...for everything other than fighters. Get the Neo CD pad. The little thumbstick thing is godly.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Upgrade and get a stick, you'll be glad you did every time you use it. For the price of that Neo Geo CD pad, I'd look around on Yahoo Japan auctions and see what you kind find, and think about getting something imported over. If you know the right people over there you can get items from Yahoo auctions for very little extra beyond the item and shipping.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
An option I went with my supergun and cmvs is using undamned encoder and my TE2 fightstick (most ps3/xbox 360 controller).

thanks for all the suggestion, even the Google Search one. I will try better to look in past threads to make sure I do not re-ask a question that has already been asked. Just trying to participate where I can by asking questions and learning from those with many more years of experience than I have in this hobby.

I have a stick already and was thinking that a gamepad like controller would be an interesting alternative, so started my research by looking on ebay and this forum to see what options there are. Also, this group seems to have experiance with allot of hardware that I have never heard of, so it was worth an ask. Will try Google next.