I found my Tetris Game Watch and it still works!

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I found my Tetris Nintendo game watch at my parents house and it still works. Needed a new battery but to think that I got this 26 years ago and it's in such good shape it was really exciting

image.png

Now I'm on a mission to get a Mario bros one, the Zelda one and Batman.
Zelda ones seem so expensive though. Gonna raid the attic looking for my old batman one now.

Last edited:

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Nice find, I think he wants to buy it for 1300 dollarz!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Game & Watch is where I started with video games...first video game I ever played was Parachute and then Tabletop Popeye, had a Casio Futbol Watch...soccer for the 'murikanz...it was awesome, I loved it so much. Game & Watch 4LF!!!

So, since we're talking about G&W, the DS has 2 collections, the second one is awesome, it's Parachute and Octopus and then it uses both games into one double screen G&W extravaganza, so awesome, multiplier and everything!!! The first Collection is great too, lots of Double screen action there!

Best way to recreate the LCD magic from back then is to play them on original DS systems, you won't believe how legit it looks, it's amazing! Looks good on the DSiXL as well, not as legit but very nice, plus the Eshop has some G&W greats DK Jr. was excellent. Unfortunately 3DS upscales the games so they look washed out so stay away if that's all you can play them with, I mean, they play great still but kinda bummer.

I love Game & Watch and wish they weren't so expensive 'cause I'd have a ton of them if I could. I also did get the G&W Keychain re-releases with the Gameboy shape, pretty cool, I loved them.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That's awesome, I think I had some LCD game watch growing up but I can't remember what it was or maybe I'm confusing it with my Go Bot watch. The LCD game I played the most was this Radio Shack game where you basically would pick up women (I think) on the side of the road, drive while avoiding obstacles and then drop them off later at a designated point.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
...drop them after they did "the deed" I'm sure...

Yeah, in retrospect it seems weird that a game for kids was aimed at picking up women on the highway. I need to see if it's still stored among all my gaming junk at my parents house.

2630_5543_1400701143804_Radio_Shack_Highway.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I bet is harder to maneuver once the broad is picked up...She also looks Amish...oh the joy of the unknown...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I loved my game and watch all those years back, I remember sitting in the car, feeling sicker and sicker every mile of the way while I played. I had these:

dkjr.jpgdonkey kong.jpgsnoopy tennis.jpg

I'm pretty sure I had one of the ones where the screen was see through but I can't remember what the game was and can't find it on google. Maybe I'll find it back at my parents.

I had a fake one too that played greensleeves when you pressed all the buttons together. Good times.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always wanted the mario game watch as a kid. but my parents got me the wwf one instead because argos was all sold out on the mario. i was disappointed.

s-l1000.jpg

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
When I was in 7th grade, my best friend had the Zelda watch. I was jealous, for sure. I had a tiger Ninja Gaiden watch, but it got stolen out of my backpack.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That's awesome, and it definitely benefits from tetris bring a simpe block game, perfectly for a small LCD game.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Found this video on YouTube that shows the watch in action. Pretty neat.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just scored the Zelda Game watch in great shape for $45 in the end. Seems decent. Going rate looks to be $70ish

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've had various LCD games over the years, but never any in watch form. Do you get some serious finger cramps from playing something that small, especially as an adult with larger hands?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have the Zelda watch somewhere... don't know if it would still work if I found it but now I'll have to look for it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...they can't be any worse than those fucking Tiger handhelds from back in the day.

I wanted Castlevania II way back when...my family got me that fucking handheld.

handheld-pic1.jpg

SUCH.FUCKING.JUNK. Childhood dreams = shattered...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've had various LCD games over the years, but never any in watch form. Do you get some serious finger cramps from playing something that small, especially as an adult with larger hands?

With Tetris it's 1 finger, and the games are quick so, pretty easy to maneuver. No cramping here.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
In keeping with the theme of the "Soviet Mind Game" a buddy of mine from St. Petersburg brought me back this Soviet knockoff of Nintendo's G&W Mickey Mouse:
20160215_132108_zps1wjy0eon.jpg

20160215_132122_zpspci7yhwi.jpg

It says on the front simply "Electronic 24-1: Game on Screen." And the price was molded into the back cover "price 23 rubles."
My buddy said that his father used to make 300 rubles a month as an engineer in the late 80's, so this thing was not cheap!

It's missing a frame of animation (can this be fixed?) other than that it's in real nice shape.