Kizuna Encounter / Fuun Tag Battle - JAPANESE AES

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
I did it!

I finally managed to grab my balls, clench my fist and start opening my cartridges!

When comparing with Arcade-Collector my copy looked good - but I am not 100% sure yet what to look at exactly, so I'll post it here.

Attachments

• KizunaEncounter01.JPG
    KizunaEncounter01.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • KizunaEncounter02.JPG
    KizunaEncounter02.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
  • KizunaEncounter03.JPG
    KizunaEncounter03.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
  • KizunaEncounter04.JPG
    KizunaEncounter04.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 146

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Looks legit to me. Don't worry about those 059 Savage Reign mask roms. Kizuna is using data from its prequel. The MVS version is also like that.

Hubes22

New Challenger
Looks legit to me. You should clean those contacts when you have your carts opened up. Use an eraser on them and follow it up with wiping them down with some 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Will clean them up good.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not trying to steal OP's thunder or anything. I figured the more comparisons/context the better. These are board pics of my Kizuna homecart I posted a few years ago.

Nobody said there was anything suspicious going on. Some of my mask ROMS differ from your cart. My 059 Savage Reign roms are toshiba branded.

lIrp5I2.jpg

tDyLg2w.jpg

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I don't have a Kizuna homecart - so i'm not 100% sure - but I think that is what coryoon is referring to. You probably have a 2nd run and they used new mask roms on your boards - on the OP's they re-used spare Savage Reigns. (where the V1 and V3 chips are).

Your chips are a dead match for my MVS Kizuna though (the V1 and V3 included). The only diff I see in my MVS and your AES is the pcb silkscreen (Neo-MVS / Neo-AEG). Yours is legit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I hate this scene.

Why the fuck are people tearing open carts?!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Items that have value or purpose have been bootlegged and passed on as real since...forever. Swords, guns, stamps, wine, cards, car parts, books, shoes, purses, jewelry, watches, autographs, etc and etc. Forever.

Before present day items it was wax letter seals, jewels, scrolls, etc and etc.

Sad yes, but not new - only relatively new to this particular hobby.