Xbox 360 won't online update

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
When connected to the Internet, my 360 demands an online update as soon as I turn it on, but then won't update. Says there is a failure and gives me some code. The only way I can play my games now is if I just unplug the Ethernet cord.

I've tried basically everything I could find online to no avail, but I thought maybe someone here would have some insider info.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just pulled an update down just yesterday. Your account isn't banned is it?

Last edited:

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Not modded, not at home, so I'll have to post the code later. I did enter the code before on their site and nothing was found, strangely enough.

Is your 360 modded? If so it may be banned. What is the error code?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Not modded, not at home, so I'll have to post the code later. I did enter the code before on their site and nothing was found, strangely enough.

Can you take your 360 to a friend's home and try there? maybe your Internet connection has blocked something or other and therefore the update is not working.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
super dumb suggestion!

what does it do when you unplug your modem for awhile then plug it back in?
obviously my understanding dosn't exist but sometimes that does something internet wise{wheres the dunce cap emoticon?}

edit:or is it router?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
super dumb suggestion!

what does it do when you unplug your modem for awhile then plug it back in?
obviously my understanding dosn't exist but sometimes that does something internet wise{wheres the dunce cap emoticon?}

I would not say it's a dumb suggestion. While it may not be the most likely solution, I bet this has fixed similar issues for some people.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Router. I've tried resetting router and modem, as well as plugging directly into modem.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Do you have enough room on your hard drive. Also you can go into the hard drive and see if you have any corrupt files and delete those. You can also clear your hard drive cache in the system menu as well.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Last week I got the itch and took out my older Japanese 360 (no wi-fi model) I hadn't updated it in quite some time. Upon powering up and attempting to update I received an error as well. Did the usual restart, unplugged the router, etc.

My friend suggested since it had been so long since I've logged on or updated to check the email associated to my xbox live account. He said it had to do with security settings and Microsoft needed to verify it was really me logging in.

Don't use your cell phone or tablet to verify your email account because I got errors. Once I logged in from a laptop I agreed to the conditions, and verified my identity.

Restarted the xbox and was successful in logging in to xbox live and was able to apply the online update.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Last week I got the itch and took out my older Japanese 360 (no wi-fi model) I hadn't updated it in quite some time. Upon powering up and attempting to update I received an error as well. Did the usual restart, unplugged the router, etc.

My friend suggested since it had been so long since I've logged on or updated to check the email associated to my xbox live account. He said it had to do with security settings and Microsoft needed to verify it was really me logging in.

Don't use your cell phone or tablet to verify your email account because I got errors. Once I logged in from a laptop I agreed to the conditions, and verified my identity.

Restarted the xbox and was successful in logging in to xbox live and was able to apply the online update.

This. But it was with my US console.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Thanks guys for the lasts two posts. I'll give that a shot over the weekend when I'm at home and report back.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Why dont you download the update from the computer and do it usb way? If is giving you trouble use the other alternatives, thats what I do.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
I get this same error message no matter what method I try. Even usb or burned cd.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Error code is 43c5 0000 0080 0300 8007 0070. No explanation for this code at xbox.com/support either even though they tell me to go there and put it in.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
following series of buttons: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X. This opens the Delete System Update window.
Select Yes. This restarts the Xbox 360 console.

you even did this?

get them on the phones! ?