Earlier build of Last Resort?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This is hella cool man had no idea this existed can't wait to see the difference

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Can I go ahead and coin a term for this?

Last Resort α

aka "Last Resort Alpha"

Sounds badass to me.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Brilliant stuff. It's so cool that these are still being discovered.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Can I go ahead and coin a term for this?

Last Resort α

aka "Last Resort Alpha"

Sounds badass to me.

Not to be a smart ass, but an Alpha build for a game is specifically before the main features of the game have been finalized, significant changes could still take place. Most protos are considered Beta builds, where the main portion of the game is finished and all that's still under construction is the quality assurance and certain minor features.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's a blessing that this wasn't discovered earlier, otherwise every multi would have featured this beta instead of the original. Just like MotW. Still, an astonishing find, kudos! My name change proposal: Last Resort S, as in: Second Last Resort ;).

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
Not to be a smart ass, but an Alpha build for a game is specifically before the main features of the game have been finalized, significant changes could still take place. Most protos are considered Beta builds, where the main portion of the game is finished and all that's still under construction is the quality assurance and certain minor features.

Lol no problem, That's all very true. Too bad Last Resort beta doesn't sound as cool.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
That is so cool, wonder what else could be out in the wild.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
Lol no problem, That's all very true. Too bad Last Resort beta doesn't sound as cool.

"Before-The-Last Resort"? :) Sounds too much like a prequel though...

I wonder if it has any easter eggs or is just an unfinished build with just programming tweaks left to do.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Right, took a *very* poor quality video. Hopefully it shows some of the difference in level. It is the complete level from beginning to end (with the invincibility cheat of the unibios enabled (wasn't sure it would work, but it did)).

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight. Playing Last Resort

EDIT - Pulstar, did the Unibios recognize the Romset as Last Resort? And thanks for sharing that kickass video

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight. Playing Last Resort

EDIT - Pulstar, did the Unibios recognize the Romset as Last Resort? And thanks for sharing that kickass video

The unibios pulls up the game ID as 0024 the same as a regular Last Resort. The CRC shows up NG but I assume this is because the program ROMs are different to what is expected and so the CRCs are different. Not sure how the unibios gets the game ID, I assume its on the program ROM in the header?

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
The unibios pulls up the game ID as 0024 the same as a regular Last Resort. The CRC shows up NG but I assume this is because the program ROMs are different to what is expected and so the CRCs are different. Not sure how the unibios gets the game ID, I assume its on the program ROM in the header?

Razoola can answer that if he pops in. My guess is that the Unibios knows Last Resort is NGH 0024

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Great find mate... good to see more of thee popping up in the UK.

I need to get all mine dumped soon (Well once I get through the new baby hell)... Cyberlip and Magician Lord and quite different.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Lets do a print-release of this early version !
Wait.
I'm french xD

Curious to see the exact differences.
Quite lordly of you to share this nice find.
Would be worth posting a youtube full run of it