Gamate discussion

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
If I recall, Dino Bibo is a bit like Duck Maze on NES. It's actually not really a common game , I'm surprised that one on eBay was so cheap.

If you're dead serious on opening your console, please power it on with no game in it and let me know what the screen displays (horizontal lines, vertical lines, or garbled squares)? Also the serial would be nice to know too. ^^

I see, thanks. Yeah it was, English box too.

To be honest, I am now in a dilemma as to whether I should open it or not. I had no idea that this thing sells for so much nowadays. Time will tell :)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I wouldn't open it. I'd hold onto it and look for a used one. Tbh I would have bought your console too if I wasn't so low on funds.
I can see the idea of this guy opening and playing a rare, sealed console is traumatising you vs the regret of you not buying it yourself, the regret solely fueled by the fact this guys gonna open it!

Quite the conundrum!

My mate still has my old one. He brought it round a few months ago as a surprise, just to say "do you remember this old thing?". I replied "Damn right!". He won't let it go though. It's loose in gamer condition. Does it have a value that I should advise him of? (just so he looks after it/stores it better).

Hey Res0, sorry for replying like this but don't really have any other way to contact you. Are you interested in sending out some (we have most) your games to be dumped (and returned), or I can shoot you a offer for some of them? Since I have this newbie account there is no way to send private messages. I am in the chatroom now...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Hey Res0, sorry for replying like this but don't really have any other way to contact you. Are you interested in sending out some (we have most) your games to be dumped (and returned), or I can shoot you a offer for some of them? Since I have this newbie account there is no way to send private messages. I am in the chatroom now...
Already working on it, thx. :)

In case you missed it...

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
I can see the idea of this guy opening and playing a rare, sealed console is traumatising you vs the regret of you not buying it yourself, the regret solely fueled by the fact this guys gonna open it!

Quite the conundrum!

My mate still has my old one. He brought it round a few months ago as a surprise, just to say "do you remember this old thing?". I replied "Damn right!". He won't let it go though. It's loose in gamer condition. Does it have a value that I should advise him of? (just so he looks after it/stores it better).

Hehe, I'm not gonna open it. I will find a used one to play games as ResO has suggested. It is not that I am wasting the best gaming experience of my life in the meantime anyway ;p

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hahahaha, I'm diggin' the text on the boxes and cards, great stuff.

Don't touch golden finger by hands.

Dino confront a mushroom face to face.

The Green Warrior Lin Chung is the only descendant of the Dragon Clan. He has been orphaned since childhood and was raised by his grandfather. Just before departing this world Lin Chung's grandfather told him to seek for the Dragon Pearl and the Golden Dragon Image, both are spirits of the Dragon Clan.

HOOON!

:lolz:

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Hahahaha, I'm diggin' the text on the boxes and cards, great stuff.

Don't touch golden finger by hands.

Dino confront a mushroom face to face.

The Green Warrior Lin Chung is the only descendant of the Dragon Clan. He has been orphaned since childhood and was raised by his grandfather. Just before departing this world Lin Chung's grandfather told him to seek for the Dragon Pearl and the Golden Dragon Image, both are spirits of the Dragon Clan.

HOOON!

:lolz:

Priceless indeed, the more you read the more you laugh. Underground stuff 8X

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
It looks awesome. I wonder if the screen and the chips are the same ones in all of the white ones and if yes, what kind they are.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Received today dino bibo and flipuzzle. The game boxes are tiny, didn't realize that from the photos. They look cool with their tiny manuals and plastic inlays. Definitely a decent effort to compete with Gameboy, if you exclude the descriptions of course which are hilarious ;p

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Is your Flipuzzle English? If so I've never read the box-back in case you care to share a photo. :)

Flipuzzle is not boxed, sorry. Only dino bibo was boxed (and english).

Turtlezz

n00b
Hey guys, my account was finally approved so I can now post!

So a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon this thread while trying to find any sort of information on "Kiki Inland" for the Gamate. While there's limited info (it's an Adventure Island port,) that's about all there is to find about it. No game play videos, no screenshots, no nothing.

So then I found this thread, and realized that it was current! You people seem to have nearly every Gamate game and Gamate console variation, so I decided it was best to ask this question here: Is there any way you can take a few pictures of the game in action, or record some sort of video? There's literally no visual representation of this obscure port online, just places acknowledging its existence. This is a part of video gaming history, and I feel, at least, that it should be shown some love and documented online for everybody to enjoy.

I also noticed that you guys are in the process of dumping Gamate games. I would ask if dumping Kiki Inland would be possible, but dumping it is a completely different story/process compared to just showing off the fact that it exists!

Thank You for preserving such an obscure piece of VG history. Once I saw Ashens video about the Gamate back when he first uploaded it, my curiosity peaked.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow, great work. I would like to have the ROMs too please, if that's possible :)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Dear Gamate friends, I will no longer be a active on these forums. You'll have to find me elsewhere. Peace & love.