1.) Super Famicom
2.) NeoGeo
3.) PS2
4.) Original Xbox
5.) Xbox360

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Hmm...that one is always changing for me. I guess I really have 2 lists, one is an "at the time" type of list, the other is current. While a console may have had a massive impact on me at the time, it may no longer be a favorite.

"at the time"
-NES
-Playstation 1
-SNES

The NES got me into gaming in the first place...I learned how to play on the thing, I have to give it it's props for that. The PS1 was a machine that I just devoured games on. I spent more time on my PS1 on the 90's than I did any other. The SNES is damn near right with the PS1...1991-1994 was owned by that machine. I was never a Sega guy. My era of current title heavy gaming pretty much died after 2000, it was at that time when I began exploring oddball systems like the Neo.

Systems now? That's a completely different story.

-NES
-GameCube
-SNES
-Genesis
-PS2

This is literally the order in which I game at the moment. NES being the most often, PS2 being the least. I no longer own many other systems and the ones that I do own that didn't make the cut, I never play. I no longer own a Neo basically because what titles I really liked on the thing, I have on comp sets elsewhere.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is OP LIQuid Snake

I don't get it

List threads are gay

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PCE/Turbografx
Playstation 1
Super Nintendo
Nintendo DS
Sega Saturn

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Sega Saturn
Genesis
SNES
NES
Dreamcast

That fith spot could go many different ways. Probably should be the 360 or Neo-Geo instead. The top 3 are solid.

Edit: I like the Turbo a lot, but it's lacking in too many areas to be one of the greatest.... It's probably better than the DC too however.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Edit: I like the Turbo a lot, but it's lacking in too many areas to be one of the greatest.... It's probably better than the DC too however.

that's the thing though, tastes constantly fluctuate. what may be your number one favorite game of all time from ten years ago isn't today. it's silly to have a list set in stone.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
SNES
Megadrive
PS1
Master System
AES

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Gamate (Bit Corp and UMC games are rad, period. Console supported until 1995)
AES (The obvious)
Sega Saturn (If you loved arcade ports, JPN Saturn is where it was at)
Virtual Boy (Red & Black stereoscopic opiates)
Nes/Famicom (Too nostalgic to exclude, has technical beauties such as Summer Carnival '92 Recca)

Honorable mention:
CPS-Changer (arcade perfect ports of SFII & Final fight in their heyday? This thing really could have taken off and given AES a run for it's money)

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
that's the thing though, tastes constantly fluctuate. what may be your number one favorite game of all time from ten years ago isn't today. it's silly to have a list set in stone.

I agree, and I appreciate having more of a conversation about this as opposed to just listing five consoles one person after another.

My reasoning behind my choices is semi based on what Smoke said, in that my lineup is on the systems that most impressed me back in the day and what I still play. The Genesis still has many games I like to play today, the DC not so much. For the time the DC had, I was super into it. The DC is a stock that has been slowly in decline since.

People just like making and reading lists. Hits some synapse the right way I guess.

Last edited:

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Dreamcast
Neo Geo CD
Saturn
Playstation 2
Mega Drive japan

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Neo Geo/Neo Geo CD (rather obvious, eh)
Mega Drive (lots of excellent games and ports)
Dreamcast (arcade ports)
GameCube (mostly because of RE4)
PS2 (best ports system ever together with the PSX)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Megadrive
Neo-Geo
Nes
Snes
Cps-2 (I know it's not considered a home console but it gets as much play as my Neo-Geo.)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
5. NES
4. Sega Dreamcast
3. Sega Saturn
2. Neo Geo
1. PC Engine/ Turbografx

Top 3 could easily be switched around in any order, I do love me some Genny too as well, but I have to put the NES at 5.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
this will be in the order of what i played the most

-PS2
-SNES
-PS3
-DC
-NES