Atomiswave Set Mother Board

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Hi,

I am not sure if anyone here has one of these Atomiswave boards. I am considering purchasing one but I have a few questions:

- Is there an american version and a Japanese version?

- If so, do japanese games play on american version and vise-versa?

- Do I need anything else besides the motherboard and game to play? power supply?

- Will this work on a standard jamma cabinet?

Any help would be appreciated. I am loking to get Neo Geo Battle coliseum, Metal Slug 6, and fist of the North star.

Thanks,

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi,

I am not sure if anyone here has one of these Atomiswave boards. I am considering purchasing one but I have a few questions:

- Is there an american version and a Japanese version?

- If so, do japanese games play on american version and vise-versa?

- Do I need anything else besides the motherboard and game to play? power supply?

- Will this work on a standard jamma cabinet?

Any help would be appreciated. I am loking to get Neo Geo Battle coliseum, Metal Slug 6, and fist of the North star.

Thanks,

1. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...do-you-tell-what-region-an-Atomiswave-game-is
2. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...do-you-tell-what-region-an-Atomiswave-game-is
3. It's a JAMMA standard board, you need the same as for any JAMMA board.
4. Yes

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I will add that the Atomiswave looks like garbage in 15k. It looked terrible on my E2 cab and it looks terrible on a Supergun. If you're using it in a cab, it would do best in a cab that supports 31k IMO.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't have a cab, but I think the AW looks pretty good on my low res pvm. Of course, high res is GLORIOUS by comparison in most games.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
The atomiswave is a nice board until it start to give the cart connection problems. Also in superguns is very picky, better to use the VGA with the 31k for video.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The atomiswave is a nice board until it start to give the cart connection problems. Also in superguns is very picky, better to use the VGA with the 31k for video.

I agree, the AW looks the best when used with its VGA output. Too bad VGA never became the standard in JAMMA boards, it would be much easier to connect them to a display (IMO).

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

For some reason my TV doesn't pick up the VGA signal on my AW board. Not sure if the port itself is busted or what, but 31k works fine via my supergun so it works out.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Yeah some displays dont like the atomiswave vga, dont know why.