Cool or Weird Bootleg Hack releases?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I don't know if it's forbidden, but personally I get a kick out of the hack releases. I love the character portraits in SVC Chaos PLUS/Super plus, convenience of all characters in the KOF 2003 Hack (Kof2004 super something), playing as Orochi in the KOF 97 hack, etc.

Any others worth mentioning that were released in physical format on bootleg PCBs?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think svc chaos plus is essential for the fans of the game. too many great playable characters to prefer the original over plus. geese and violent ken :buttrock:.

but besides svc plus i don't really bother with the other hacks. much rather play the originals.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I dont own SVC but the only difference between OG and PLUS is hidden characters right? Cant those be added with Unibios cheat?

Some of the KOF hacks have really interesting backgrounds. I like to play them when I'm bored.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I dont own SVC but the only difference between OG and PLUS is hidden characters right? Cant those be added with Unibios cheat?

in that case, originals all the way, no hacks needed.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Doesn't SVC Plus have better hit detection too?

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I own a copy of of Street Fighter vs. Knights of Valor for the PGM as a physical cart.

https://archive.org/details/bootleg-sfvskov-footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHk_IRdwgM

It was too weird not to go out and find when I discovered it's existence. It's a boot of course, but I have to say it's a pretty well put together boot. Stickers and reflective seals and igs hardware. I haven't been able to find much info on it but otherwise it's pretty to fun to play a beat em up with Street Fighter characters.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
SVC hack is worthwhile. No need to buy a dedicated boot since it's on the multis.

I have some old Mega Drive bootlegs. They have factory soldered mask ROMs. Mass-produced but easy to spot. I'm surprised no high-end boots have been made yet considering the ridiculous price of the rarer MD games now.

DSC00490 (Large).JPG

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I dont own SVC but the only difference between OG and PLUS is hidden characters right? Cant those be added with Unibios cheat

The characters are unlocked with the Unibios, but they are still invisible on the character select screen (no portrait tiles).

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Isnt there a fighter where they turn a samurai into a pirate?

Irrelevant (yet always relevant)
usfiv_2014_challengers_pack_poison.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wasn't there something about different versions of the SVC hacks marked by different colored "+"es? Did anyone ever look into that?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Although completely broken, I always thought Street Fighter II: Rainbow Edition was a fun game to load up every once in awhile.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
SVC hack is worthwhile. No need to buy a dedicated boot since it's on the multis.

I have some old Mega Drive bootlegs. They have factory soldered mask ROMs. Mass-produced but easy to spot. I'm surprised no high-end boots have been made yet considering the ridiculous price of the rarer MD games now.

View attachment 32916

:lolz: bootleg Super Thunder Blade.