Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I'm so pissed that the Pats blew it due to injuries. They couldn't seal the deal in the regular season and let this fucking has been steal a super bowl. A healthy Patriots team would have demolished Carolina.

Ah, what's a football thread without some shithead Pats fan coming out of the woodwork. FUCK THE PATS. Seeing Tom Brady get boo'd today made my day.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Ah, what's a football thread without some shithead Pats fan coming out of the woodwork. FUCK THE PATS. Seeing Tom Brady get boo'd today made my day.

Ahahahahaha. I love it. I'm a shithead cause I like the home town football team. So butt hurt.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
in yet another attempt at making something about him that has nothing to do with him- marshawn lynch announced his official retirement via twitter right at the end of the game.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
in yet another attempt at making something about him that has nothing to do with him- marshawn lynch announced his official retirement via twitter right at the end of the game.

Totally classless as usual. So talented yet so dumb.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Totally classless as usual. So talented yet so dumb.

im going to lay down the terrell owens bet..

broke in a couple of years. tries a comeback, but no biters. failed reality tv show. still broke after.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
It's too bad the defense, as a whole, couldn't be voted MVP.

I can't recall seeing lockdown football like that from a defense before.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

Mine too. Never liked them.

LOL! My FB feed is littered with Seacawks fans, and I didn't see anything on that. Had to Google it.

I worked through all but the last 10 minutes of the 4th. I had to check out highlights on the NFL app on PS4 to see the good stuff. Man, watching Miller get at Cam made me smile.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The Broncos only had 194 total net yards and 1/14 on 3rd down. How the hell do you find a way to win with those numbers. It was definitely a great defensive showing with a couple big mistakes by the Panthers along the way.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rigged game. In Q2 4th and 1, broncos go for it, don't get the first down. Flag on play, oh what's this, penalty on them so they can get second chance and land a field goal. This is the kinda shit that makes no sense to me in pro football. You know if they had gotten the 1st, the penalty would have been on panthers, or just declined for w/e reason.

Millions get taken for a ride and the only winners are corporations, ya'll suckers.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
That defense came through big time.
Hate the Broncos but I do like Manning and it's nice to see him with another ring.
Too bad for Cam but I feel that his team should have plenty of good chances to win one in the next few years.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Rigged game. In Q2 4th and 1, broncos go for it, don't get the first down. Flag on play, oh what's this, penalty on them so they can get second chance and land a field goal. This is the kinda shit that makes no sense to me in pro football. You know if they had gotten the 1st, the penalty would have been on panthers, or just declined for w/e reason.

Millions get taken for a ride and the only winners are corporations, ya'll suckers.

This play stood out to me as something people should be up in arms about just as much as "what's a catch?". Football is full of rules that don't seem to make sense, and if they could just clean that up the game itself would be a lot better. Can someone explain why a team should get a 5th down when they are the ones penalized*? It's like playing basketball, fouling your teammate, and being rewarded free throws.

*Does anyone with football experience know if coaches tell linemen to purposefully take one of these calls if the play doesn't look like it'll unfold their way?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
This play stood out to me as something people should be up in arms about just as much as "what's a catch?". Football is full of rules that don't seem to make sense, and if they could just clean that up the game itself would be a lot better. Can someone explain why a team should get a 5th down when they are the ones penalized*? It's like playing basketball, fouling your teammate, and being rewarded free throws.

*Does anyone with football experience know if coaches tell linemen to purposefully take one of these calls if the play doesn't look like it'll unfold their way?

There are lots of rules that allow the refs to determine the outcome of a game.

Trust me when I say it's best just to just drink beer, eat wings, and forget about it. For the record, I watched about 10 minutes of the game and that play reminded me why pro sports have become a bad joke.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Heard the price of water is $7

Fuuuuuuucking craaaazy

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Heard the price of water is $7

Fuuuuuuucking craaaazy

Stadium prices are always exorbitant no matter how big the event.
Last time I was at Petco Park I think waters were $5 and garlic fries were $8.
I doubt these people spending thousands on tickets minded paying an extra $30 for food/beer.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
solid d vs not even on the same planet of greatness d.

carolina has a significantly better defensive unit and arguably on the same plane of greatness as the pats offensively (this year at least). brady is getting old- he is still accurate with a great arm, but has diminished mobility from his glory days. it would have been another sack fest. similar score as today, just with carolina on top if vs the pats.

Brady isn't a mobile quarterback, never has been. He stays in the pocket till it collapses and usually goes down with it. That being said, he as more mobile then ever this year, and moved pretty damn fast. Funny part is that everyone says he is losing his touch, but then can't give me a better quarterback.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Stadium prices are always exorbitant no matter how big the event.
Last time I was at Petco Park I think waters were $5 and garlic fries were $8.
I doubt these people spending thousands on tickets minded paying an extra $30 for food/beer.

True. I don't even bother buying beer it's always 'mid strength' which I believe is slightly higher than light beer. I seriously cannot feel a goddamn thing after 4 of these things might as well drink water!

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

What are you talking about?

He got the first down which is why the penalty was accepted. If he didn't get the first, Carolina declines the penalty and gets the ball.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...I was wrong. I though that Carolina's D would show up in force and in end, it was Denver that got the job done. Like any other defensive showdown, it wasn't a very exciting game...but it was interesting to watch Cam fold. Manning looks old, stiff. He had a decent game at best, it was good to see he didn't get MVP. On the note of Manning, I really hope he rides off into the sunset on this win like Elway did. It is the best outcome for him. He's a great player with an amazing career, it's sad to see him go.

I think the most disappointing thing was Newton's complete childish stunt session in the post game interview, what a scrub move that was. Manning lost SB 48 and then, like a true professional, took the stage and addressed the press with class. Something Newton lacks, apparently.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

While I freely admit I missed the end of the 2nd, I'm gonna assume they were 4th and 1 in Panthers territory. If you are deep enough in opponent territory and in a 4th and short situation you go for it. I don't know what the penalty was, but it was probably either encroachment or false start on the offense which will result in a 5 yard penalty and the repeat of the current down. At 4th and 5 you would typically never go for it and just take the 3 points. 4th and 1 or 2 is always a gamble but statistically you have a better chance at it.

The O line of the Broncos wouldn't have had any idea if the play was going to pan out poorly if the call was what I stated above. When one guy jumps you all jump. Peyton's cadence before the ball is snapped is very hard to read. In a 4th and short he is trying to get the opponents to jump off sides, but sometimes it goes the other way and your guys get a bit jumpy.

As far a purposely taking a penalty, most that don't involve the line of scrimmage will result in a penalty but not a repeat of down.l with the exception of an ineligible receiver call. Typically holding and PI on the defense will result in a yardage penalty with an automatic first down for the offense.

Last edited:

lithy

20 Year Member
While I freely admit I missed the end of the 2nd, I'm gonna assume they were 4th and 1 in Panthers territory. If you are deep enough in opponent territory and in a 4th and short situation you go for it. I don't know what the penalty was, but it was probably either encroachment or false start on the offense which will result in a 5 yard penalty and the repeat of the current down. At 4th and 5 you would typically never go for it and just take the 3 points. 4th and 1 or 2 is always a gamble but statistically you have a better chance at it.

The O line of the Broncos wouldn't have had any idea if the play was going to pan out poorly if the call was what I stated above. When one guy jumps you all jump. Peyton's cadence before the ball is snapped is very hard to read. In a 4th and short he is trying to get the opponents to jump off sides, but sometimes it goes the other way and your guys get a bit jumpy.

As far a purposely taking a penalty, most that don't involve the line of scrimmage will result in a penalty but not a repeat of down.l with the exception of an ineligible receiver call. Typically holding and PI on the defense will result in a yardage penalty with an automatic first down for the offense.

It was an offensive holding call. Runner gained 2 yards on a 4th and 1.

Penalty was accepted and Broncos kicked a field goal on 4th and 11.

lithy

20 Year Member
Lol, just Googled calf fries. You're kidding, right? Right?!

Nope, fried em up, served with sriracha mayo. They weren't bad, they weren't really good either. They were a lot of work, only did them for the novelty. The party was to bring food from either Carolina or Denver.