Samurai Shodown (Spirit) RPG translation (French to English)

Are you interested by an English version of Samurai Spirits RPG?

• Yes sure, keep going!

Votes: 110 98.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Is that spanish from Mexico or Spanish, as in from Spain?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Oh, it's absolutely from Spain, we in Latin America do not use "vosotros" as shown in the video.

That's what I was thinking. I remember that conjugation from my spanish class in high school. Mexican spanish never uses those things.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
The guy doing the translation posted some more images and said the Amakusa episode is nearly complete.

JrWc1Xw.png

FTFl9Rt.png

t9QCH6l.png

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
That is good. For me Japanese language is the only problem with the Neo Geo. Almost everything is in Japanese. I hope to play SSRPG one day, but no way in Japanese.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The guy doing the translation posted some more images and said the Amakusa episode is nearly complete.

JrWc1Xw.png

FTFl9Rt.png

t9QCH6l.png

OK, so - I have a question. Part of the issue with translation to English was the way the alphabet fit into where the Japanese characters were, right? If someone is translating this to Castelan Spanish, then wouldn't it be simple to create a translation to English since all of the 'work' with character placement is already done? I'm no Translater, or ROM hacker, etc so I could totally be talking out of my ass. But could it be that simple after the Spanish translation is done?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
OK, so - I have a question. Part of the issue with translation to English was the way the alphabet fit into where the Japanese characters were, right? If someone is translating this to Castelan Spanish, then wouldn't it be simple to create a translation to English since all of the 'work' with character placement is already done? I'm no Translater, or ROM hacker, etc so I could totally be talking out of my ass. But could it be that simple after the Spanish translation is done?

In theory it should, even more considering Spanish has characters that English does not, like ñ, Ñ, ¡, ¿ and they use extra space that English translation could use for something else. I am fine with Spanish translation, but would prefer English.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
why would a completed spanish translation improve things for an english translation more than the existing french one does?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
why would a completed spanish translation improve things for an english translation more than the existing french one does?

I was thinking the same thing, that's why I was asking. French doesn't use too many strange characters, other than tildes and accents, etc (that I'm aware of, I dont speak/read Fronch) so I was wondering why it's still difficult.

Hell if it's a matter of just translating text, I'd be happy to help. I'll google translate the shit out of whatever we've got. I just wanna play the dang thing.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

I was not aware that a complete French translation existed and was released to the public...

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Last I tried the french patch there was something messed up during the fights.
Is this Spanish work any better? Or was I using an old French patch and since it got fixed (fights and all)?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
i guess Apoc's given up on this? Has there been any word on other forums?

HNQ

n00b
How about a 2018 bump?

So...Anyone have any news on Apocalypse or the translation? I hope everything is okay.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
i know its a lot of work. I just wonder why people keep starting it and giving up :(

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
petite bump.

Does Apocalypse have a Paetreon? Has he set a goal amount to ensure he finishes this project? I'm sure something can be worked out so that we finally get this game in English.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
petite bump.

Does Apocalypse have a Paetreon? Has he set a goal amount to ensure he finishes this project? I'm sure something can be worked out so that we finally get this game in English.
People have offered to help. He won't respond. He's basically given up. He said that apparently people here shot his idea down. I have no idea where he got that insinuation, but it is what it is.