Samurai Shodown (Spirit) RPG translation (French to English)

Are you interested by an English version of Samurai Spirits RPG?

• Yes sure, keep going!

Votes: 110 98.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Xavier

1st Lt, Sonic Wings Squadron
20 Year Member
What did Duece do with it?
I thought he translated it and just needed somebody to hack it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
maybe we could find someone willing to take over the project.

step 1: buy translation from guy.
step 2: pay someone to finish it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
maybe we could find someone willing to take over the project.

step 1: buy translation from guy.
step 2: pay someone to finish it.
I looked into it and I am woefully under-skilled at doing it. I don't have the time to learn the skills needed.

Arcade won't even pass out the work he has done.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I would love to see this translation happen, but there would be a better chance at getting a pair of deuces in a card game...

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
I wish SNK would do it themselves and/or hire a good translator to do it then publish it. I’d buy a CD copy and I don’t even own a NeoGeo CD.

As for a scene translation, yeah that would be great. But so many have announced over the years then disappeared. It’s easy to feel like it will never happen.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

In the 60 hours you'll spend playing this game, one could learn quite a bit of the Japanese language. It could also open other doors in your life and would most certainly open your horizons to other things.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Apocalypse basically gave up and said because he was discouraged by people here on NG.com. I don't see where that was though, the thread he posted about translation was met with a positive response.

Shit man.

I can't talk on behalf of Cory but I let him down by disappearing.

What happened was: he had split the work in 3 and we were to all translate our parts and merge. As you may know the translation process wasn't straight forward; there was a lot of rules to respect. We had to make sure the dialogue stayed in the restricted speech bubbles. It was a slow process.

I got busy with life and kept pushing the project to another day till it turned into a few weeks. Then I felt bad for not having contacted dude or doing any work so I thought I'd get some work done and come back with something, but I didn't. So a few months had passed and I felt so embarrassed that I just ghosted the forum altogether.

But this shit has been bothering me ever since. I've tried reaching out to Apocalypse over the years, but he wouldn't reply and to be honest I don't blame him.

So that's why I came back here, I want to make shit right. When I first came back a few days ago I PM'd him but he never replied so I also tried reaching out to him through his email and on his blog.

There was a lot of special symbols we needed to enter for punctuation and spaces so I am not even sure if the work I done before was viable or not. My intention was to get my part done but I NEED TO ASSURE that it fits into the rules he set.

I've tried reaching out to Cory as well, but haven't herd from bro in a few years as well.

I've reached out to Durandarte as well hoping we can help each other out.

Let's get this ball rolling.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
PUBLIC APOLOGY

Dear Apocalypse,

I apologize for ghosting you in the middle of this endeavour, it was a real dick move on my part.

I couldn't make the time to work on the project and I didn't really understand how to use the software editor and then I got embarrassed to come back empty handed. I got embarrassed to log back here as well.

And then life happened but this shit has been eating me for a while now. I've felt bad about disappointing you and the forum.

I don't know what happened between you and the other members in this but I know what I did;

So again I sincerely apologize

I would like to pick up where we left off, if that is ok with you ?

I'll take the reigns if you give me the knowledge and we can finally get this done for everyone.

Regards

-Aria

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I think it’s really cool that you came back to rectify this and I really hope some progress happens on this project as a result. Maybe with the recent samurai shodown releases, there will be renewed interest in this project. I know I would definitely play through a translated version of the game.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
My translation:

A bunch of characters get together to stop Amakusa and save the world, stuff happens, they fight a bazillion random enemy encounters, buy and upgrade equipment, sleep at inns, defeat Amakusa, sixty hours of your life gone, the end.

Autocorrect changed Amakusa to Analysis on me, fook dat shit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just dont get why Apoc said he was discouraged by people here on his blog. I mean look at the poll.. 2 people out of 106 voted in favor of it.

I just wanna play this game without having to resort to Google Translate.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
People have offered to help. He won't respond. He's basically given up. He said that apparently people here shot his idea down. I have no idea where he got that insinuation, but it is what it is.
He sounds like a _edit_ person _edit_. Probably wishes he never even ffffoooouuunnndd this website.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I just dont get why Apoc said he was discouraged by people here on his blog. I mean look at the poll.. 2 people out of 106 voted in favor of it.

I just wanna play this game without having to resort to Google Translate.
There’s some solid guides on GameFaqs that you can use to help play through it. It’s still not ideal, but it’s something.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
There’s some solid guides on GameFaqs that you can use to help play through it. It’s still not ideal, but it’s something.
Yeah but I don't want to look down at a guide and read the story there, I wanna play it like it was meant to be experienced.

I wonder if it would help to do a Kickstarter or whatever to get someone to do it. But even then, I have no idea how much it would cost to do it.

I've thought about setting up a patreon to get myself into learning how, but I would feel really shitty if it took like 5 years or whatever and didn't produce any results. :/

Hyacinth

n00b
Yeah but I don't want to look down at a guide and read the story there, I wanna play it like it was meant to be experienced.

I wonder if it would help to do a Kickstarter or whatever to get someone to do it. But even then, I have no idea how much it would cost to do it.

I've thought about setting up a patreon to get myself into learning how, but I would feel really shitty if it took like 5 years or whatever and didn't produce any results. :/
I did what Kid Panda suggested last page, at some point I got tired of waiting for translations and started learning japanese so I could play the original myself. There are a few problems with waiting for translations, but the ones I hate the most are that many games never see a translation to begin with, and in the end, even if something is translated, it will never give you the feeling the author wanted to pass through...that's what I believe. However, if all you want is to play THIS game and nothing else, then it really may not be worth the time, but you will still have to wait for a translation. =(

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
If i can get images of all the dialogue I can translate it, i have a friend that is native japan

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
maaan, I thought about messaging Apoc on Arcade Projects, but his section makes zero mention of the translation he abandoned. I figure he's completely forgotten about it.

@hyper Ive tried to see about getting a script dump, but cant seem to find one. And if I did, it would be in Japanese, so I have no idea how to tell if it's complete or anything.

KGRAMR

Kula's Candy
It would be cool to finally play a English fan translation of Samurai Shodown RPG on Neo Geo CD and serve as the basis to also translate the PlayStation and Saturn versions for all to enjoy! Crazy how long this game remains without one...