Samurai Shodown (Spirit) RPG translation (French to English)

Are you interested by an English version of Samurai Spirits RPG?

• Yes sure, keep going!

Votes: 110 98.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

BlindIo

n00b
Voted Yes in the Poll and revived my old account to say:

This is awesome news!
This game has been on my translation wishlist for ages! Thank You Apocalypse!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Where's the beer emoticon when you need it?

This is a baller forum. Add a gif.

Spoiler:
AfxBmVyVlFrb2.gif

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Thank you apocalypse for taking this project, I don't have much to offer help wise but if there is anything I can help with I would gladly do it, hardware I have the 3 models with unibios if anything needs to be tested also an original copy of the game for imaging and patching.

I can only dream! If this can be completed and with the magical hands of Raz this could become a cart translated game ahhhh day dreaming! I hope he could get interested in such project.

xsq

If this can be completed and with the magical hands of Raz this could become a cart translated game ahhhh day dreaming! I hope he could get interested in such project.
let's not get ahead of ourselves... but holy fuck that would be awesome....

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
let's not get ahead of ourselves... but holy fuck that would be awesome....

As long as we could save on a memory card (or NeoSaveMasta etc) then it would be absolutely awesome; without it it'll be broken. Anybody have an idea of the size of the saves on this game?

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I can only dream! If this can be completed and with the magical hands of Raz this could become a cart translated game ahhhh day dreaming! I hope he could get interested in such project.
Funny you say that. I said to fluxcore few weeks ago that if we manage to get a good result I might think of making it a cart.
My only concern is about music.

I also speak French, Je peux t'aider a traduire.
PM sent ;)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It will need a special cart. A cart with RAM in place or sprites, fix, P2, Z80 and samples. Then a flash storage device where the 68k banks into and get data from to load into each space as needed. Basically a NeoGeo CD system spec on a cart that plugs into the AES. This in my view is the best way and only real way, trying to do what I did with crossed swords 2 would be futile due to the ammount of data on the CD and lack of spec on the MVS/AES. The cart needs to have 0xFE bank looking into the flash data (most data on the CD disc). One bank would need to be RAM also.

Much data would still need altering to get it to work but much easier this way. The loading would be instant given the size of files in question so it would never feel like one is waiting for the game peices to load.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It will need a special cart. A cart with RAM in place or sprites, fix, P2, Z80 and samples. Then a flash storage device where the 68k banks into and get data from to load into each space as needed. Basically a NeoGeo CD system spec on a cart that plugs into the AES. This in my view is the best way and only real way, trying to do what I did with crossed swords 2 would be futile due to the ammount of data on the CD and lack of spec on the MVS/AES. The cart needs to have 0xFE bank looking into the flash data (most data on the CD disc). One bank would need to be RAM also.

Much data would still need altering to get it to work but much easier this way. The loading would be instant given the size of files in question so it would never feel like one is waiting for the game peices to load.

I take it, in a way, SS RPG has tons of 68k code, YM2610 samples and sprites? And it also loads data of custom assortments into the NGCD's RAM? So I guess it'd be like an NES game using CHR-RAM, instead of a ROM chip for the graphics.

If it's just an issue of tons of data and requiring RAM instead of ROM, you could patch in code so the 68k/Z80 copies whatever SS RPG needs from the large ROM chips into the various RAM chips, or does the 68k/Z80 not have that kind of access on the cartridge buses?

xsq

This game is the only NGCD exclusive not converted to MVS/ AES yet, right?
AFAIK:
- Zintrick is only available without music.
- Mahjong Final Romance 2 hasn't been translated, also has no music.
- There's other bits you only get on the NGCD like "ADK World" (mini games), "Neo Geo CD Special" (demos), "King of Fighters '96 Collection" (character profiles, sound samples and interviews in Japanese), Metal Slug 1 CD extras (training mode), Turf Masters additional course etc.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I like this thread... hence, I will support it...

APOC... you need help... let me know man...

xROTx

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

I love this idea, a cart capable of playing NeoCD files. I'm so down for helping on this.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Nice!! You guys rock!

It would be so awesome if the hardware guys put together a CD MVS cart for this too!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
I would love to see this finally happen one day, and if there is anything I can do to help, I would be happy to do so. Also, if what Razoola says is possible, I would also do whatever I can to help him make the AES carts along with Jeff Kurtz, free of charge of course. Long live the Neo-Geo!