Samurai Spirits 64 1CC good quality video/not MAME

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

I like the part at 2:50 with the geisha in the foreground

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awesome video, I've always wanted this one for my Hyper.
I didn't think MAME could run it properly anyway?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Super stylish game. Had the best stages of any early 3d fighter imo. Janet didn't really show a lot of the game play elements but did manage to show off the awesome stage transitions.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
thanks for posting this up.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Will they ever emulate this shit? Fuck sakes....its only a matter of time before the last cartridges suicide themselves from static shock or something

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Don't jinx us you bum! (Hugging my Hyper and the fearsome four)

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Man....the graphics were a step back but the story telling was going in a way better direction.

Iirc, ss64 was about a mysterious puppeteer showing up and kids disappearing from nearby villages..... And then you fight gandara....a huge patchwork monstrosity that is made out of dead kids?

Seriously I can't remember the last time something so dark and fucked up happened in a game.

Buriki one needs revisiting too....I'd kill for a silber/python/gai b1 team in kof.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The concept art on those games is amazing, so incredibly amazing and it's no shinkiro...so insane, so perfect...

@Poonman, Silber is an unlockable character in KOFXI PS2 only, I believe Gai is too...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Cool vid. I love when Shiki gets the ole' double ring out.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
The concept art on those games is amazing, so incredibly amazing and it's no shinkiro...so insane, so perfect...

@Poonman, Silber is an unlockable character in KOFXI PS2 only, I believe Gai is too...

Oh I remember ....but that was 2 console generations ago and those two were singly entries....if KOF XIV made a buriki team or brought back American Sports team it would be a breath of fresh air. I'm so fucking sick of kids with magical powers in fighting games.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Man....the graphics were a step back but the story telling was going in a way better direction.

Iirc, ss64 was about a mysterious puppeteer showing up and kids disappearing from nearby villages..... And then you fight gandara....a huge patchwork monstrosity that is made out of dead kids?

Seriously I can't remember the last time something so dark and fucked up happened in a game.

Buriki one needs revisiting too....I'd kill for a silber/python/gai b1 team in kof.

They made a 2 episode anime OVA based on Samurai 64, you should check it out if you dont know.

I have no idea wtf its about though, I had a hard time finding English subs so I settle with Portuguese ones. I speak French and understand some Spanish so I figured Portuguese would be easy for me to read, but i was hella wrong.

I find that out of all the Samurai Spirit games with Shiki and Ashura the one on Neogeo Pocket is the best.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Still a game I always regret not playing. The NG64 setups were plentiful around here back in the day, and you could get one cheap. I had a few opportunities to get one with all of the stick games for next to nothing years ago, and I passed. Shame, because, I know they weren't stellar, but they are some pretty cool Neo games that I never really gave the time of day, and SS64 looks fantastic in this video. I know it won't steal any of the 2D game's thunder, but, it certainly looked like a 3D successor to SS2 in that video. Really cool to see at that quality.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh I remember ....but that was 2 console generations ago and those two were singly entries....if KOF XIV made a buriki team or brought back American Sports team it would be a breath of fresh air. I'm so fucking sick of kids with magical powers in fighting games.

I agree, I'm sick of that visual k design bullshit. KOF'94 USA team, so slick...'98 USA team seemed a bit weaker but cooler to play with.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I agree, I'm sick of that visual k design bullshit. KOF'94 USA team, so slick...'98 USA team seemed a bit weaker but cooler to play with.

Their sprites were HUGE and they towered over all the teensy japanese hero/anti-hero tropes like Iori, Kyo etc.
Heavy D's shadow boxing style was tight as fuck and Lucky had all kinds of tools to bring to a match (I almost forgot he could teleport like Amakusa!)

They can't get back into the series soon enough.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think Brian or is it Ryan, well he could use a bit of a redesign, a bit more like J.Max would be cool...

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It's too bad they didn't release this game on home consoles. It really is quite good for the time.