2016 Television series discussion, what is everyone watching?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Give me a quest.

Shows that have some kind of adventure are far more appealing to me that shows about some twisted killer being caught.

I agree, it's a pity tho, that adventures are almost exclusively associated with mediaeval or science-fiction.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What about The Daily Show? I just realized these past few months have been ripe for satire and parody, and yet there hasn't been any big news I've heard of with The Daily Show.

Jon Stewart leaving was rough, and I feel bad for the new guy. No matter how good he is, there is just no way you can fill those shoes. May as well have just ended the show right there.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have to say...Battlestar is S-L-O-W...

Man, I am trying very hard to be patient but it just keeps losing my attention...and I like to think that I have a high tolerance for slow-bake TV series...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Man, I am trying very hard to be patient but it just keeps losing my attention...and I like to think that I have a high tolerance for slow-bake TV series...

Are you into science fiction shows?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
What about The Daily Show? I just realized these past few months have been ripe for satire and parody, and yet there hasn't been any big news I've heard of with The Daily Show.

Jon Stewart leaving was rough, and I feel bad for the new guy. No matter how good he is, there is just no way you can fill those shoes. May as well have just ended the show right there.

The Stewart/Colbert loss was rough. At least we still have Bill Maher.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

I felt the same way. The only Battlestar series I really liked was the original. I also feel like nothing interesting has ever happened on any episode of any Stargate show, ever. I know most people will think I'm crazy but I just find all Stargate dull as hell.

And I dig Star Trek, TNG, DS9, Farscape, Firefly, Babylon 5, Battlestar '78, etc. Also liked the first two episodes of The Expanse but haven't gone back to it yet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Does it have good adventures?

Yeah, basically the story of a group of survivors hunting vampires appeals to me. Especially since it's not some flimsy veil for how humans are losing their humanity while zombies walk around. You have vampires, and the vampires need to be killed. Personally, I like the character of the former nazi vampire Thomas Eichhorst. He's a lot like Waltz from Inglorious Basterds, and interestingly enough, actually played in that movie as a nazi as well.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Yeah, basically the story of a group of survivors hunting vampires appeals to me. Especially since it's not some flimsy veil for how humans are losing their humanity while zombies walk around. You have vampires, and the vampires need to be killed. Personally, I like the character of the former nazi vampire Thomas Eichhorst. He's a lot like Waltz from Inglorious Basterds, and interestingly enough, actually played in that movie as a nazi as well.

Sounds like something I will like then. Sort of a similar setting to The Walking Dead but without the forced drama and unlikable characters.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Also Taiso please feel free to shamelessly post your articles on whatever you're writing, because we'll read it.

I appreciate the support. I've got a lot of brands in the fire right now, between recently being promoted to editor where I'm working currently as well as starting my own site with a long time friend. There will be a weekly (or so) blog and a podcast that will publish on an irregular schedule. It's going to be available on Google Play Music and iTunes as well.

I'll be sharing EVERYTHING soon, so that you guys that are interested in seeing what I'm up to will be able to follow us on Twitter, FB...all of that shit.

I am just not quite comfortable shilling it here yet. For one thing, it's not fully ready. For another, I love this place and don't want to just wordvomit a bunch of attention whoring. I may just add it to my sig at some point.

But I definitely want to share it all with you. This place is still my online home and I love it. This place helped harden the steel in my writing hand and sharpen it to as keen an edge as possible. This is where I cut my teeth, learned how to interact with others and share opinions that others could listen to by finding the right voice for it.

It's coming. I just respect NG.com too much to share it all half assed.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Watched the first episode of Fear the Walking Dead last night...

Not the best, that's for sure. The characters seem like a bunch of cunts, it's hard getting behind them. Also, you have to love it when idiot writers have something successful...then do the polar opposite when they get another chance.

The beginning of Walk Dead was gripping...from the start it grabbed you and sucked you into this world. You had little time to digest things, you were figuring things out as Rick did. In other words, it was extremely well done.

So, with that on the books, what do the writers decide to do? I know, how about a cunty teen staring in High Shcool Musical...and zombies? Yeah, that's the ticket. Let's spend 40 min on developing non likable characters and mostly skipping over what people like about TWD in the first place. Brilliant.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I just blasted through all of The Expanse, good shit I look forward to more episodes/seasons

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I finished Man in the High Castle, which was great. My wife even liked it. The Walking Dead, I will admit is better in a marathon watch, but season 5 started off great with Terminus and ended up very lacking. The Flash definitely grew on me via NetFlix as did iZombie. Jessica Jones WAS ROUGH, I lasted ten minutes before turning it off. Game of thrones is good whether you watch it in chucks or not. Fear the walking dead is bad, there was one of the six episodes where there isn't even a zombie, I'm sorry but I want zombies... I watched BG back in the day, it was great, I rewatched the whole series on Netflix during college... it definitely makes you say "FRAK" in public. Daredevil takes a few episodes to enjoy and binge watching helps.

The Blacklist
It's just a good show and Spader makes it great.

DC Legends of Tomorrow
I'm surprised I like this, but it grows on me.

The 100
I thought this was a typical CW show, but watching it on netflix made me change my mind. I like the action, character development, etc.

Vikings
This should come back on soon, I really liked it after binge watching season 1.

Last Ship
Even though it's "not the last ship", I thought they came up with some good scripts, for a show that should have ended after they got the cure so quickly. Personally, I would have made that portion last a little longer.

Sirens
I'm rewatching this, but the series was FUNNY. I'm so pissed it was canceled.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
We are on Season 4 in Battle Galactica...Accidentally put in final season instead...Oops
Still this show is awesome, this is my second time watching it & man i forgot how awesome of character Colonel Tigh, guy is frackin awesome!

Some recommended TV shows

Marco Polo
Black Sails
100s
Daredevil
Banshee
Spartacus

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
nice avatar man.

Everyone should check out Hannibal Buress' Comedy Comisado on Netflix

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I finished Man in the High Castle, which was great. My wife even liked it. The Walking Dead, I will admit is better in a marathon watch, but season 5 started off great with Terminus and ended up very lacking. The Flash definitely grew on me via NetFlix as did iZombie. Jessica Jones WAS ROUGH, I lasted ten minutes before turning it off. Game of thrones is good whether you watch it in chucks or not. Fear the walking dead is bad, there was one of the six episodes where there isn't even a zombie, I'm sorry but I want zombies... I watched BG back in the day, it was great, I rewatched the whole series on Netflix during college... it definitely makes you say "FRAK" in public. Daredevil takes a few episodes to enjoy and binge watching helps.

The Blacklist
It's just a good show and Spader makes it great.

DC Legends of Tomorrow
I'm surprised I like this, but it grows on me.

The 100
I thought this was a typical CW show, but watching it on netflix made me change my mind. I like the action, character development, etc.

Vikings
This should come back on soon, I really liked it after binge watching season 1.

Last Ship
Even though it's "not the last ship", I thought they came up with some good scripts, for a show that should have ended after they got the cure so quickly. Personally, I would have made that portion last a little longer.

Sirens
I'm rewatching this, but the series was FUNNY. I'm so pissed it was canceled.

Ok...so I'm not the only one who didn't like Jessica Jones , good. I tried...and more than one episode too...it just wouldn't click with me.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Bill Maher?

God.

One human that I wouldn't mind beating with a sock full of coins...

Explain. He's not a dipshit like most people in this world. Little arrogant, but he's been at it for 20+ years. Not that success gives you a free pass to be an asshole, but he's like the opposite of Trump. I'd love it if he was a politician, but I think he likes to say the real shit too much. Not just what the sheep want to hear. Then again, Trump says just about whatever he wants.

But why do you hate him so much?

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
So I finished watching all x files episodes because of new session 10 ... I am glad that its over! ok, just two more episodes.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So I finished watching all x files episodes because of new session 10 ... I am glad that its over! ok, just two more episodes.

THAT'S more like it... keep it up man...

.../golfclap...

xROTx

PS. I'm not a bad man... but I have rules I set myself and you guys...

EDIT: The expanse was GREAT... I got bored and started watching the Sopranos... enjoying it immensely...

EXTRA EDIT... COLUMBO IS THE GREATEST COP SHOW EVER!