Metal Slug 1 , just got it and was wondering if its a a boot

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's legit, you can easily tell because those are Mask ROMs with the Metal Slug 1's NGH number on every one. Mask ROMs are fabricated to permanently store their information, unlike generic EPROM and flash chip memory which are often found in boots.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Already answered, but yeah that's legit. A good rule of thumb is if the cart has all Toshiba mask roms, more than likely its real. Boots almost always look kinda crappy and unprofessional looking, for lack of a better term. Don't ever go by cart labels because they are easily reproduced.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
2Legit

But this is a good one to check, although it's relatively common and inexpensive these days, there are a lot of boots in circulation. My first cart I thought was legit for 10 years before I opened it up. I'm pretty sure somehow it was boot boards inside a legit shell with original label.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm pretty sure somehow it was boot boards inside a legit shell with original label.
had one like that as well. Might be an old trick: sell boot boards in legit shell and sell legit boards (w/ pics) in boot shell...

s8n187

Quiz Detective
thanks guys for the extra support and info , appreciated