Anyone own the UK/Euro Version of NGPC Gals Fighters? I need a scan of the insert

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Does anyone own the Uk/Euro NGPC Gals Fighters? I've found someone that makes Genesis and other game inserts. I've sent them a NGPC clamshell case and insert and they're going to try to make me a Gals Fighters insert.

I got a file from Wyndcrosser but it's a custom insert. If possible could anyone that owns the game do a high res scan of the insert for me?

Thanks in advance
Kris

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
No one has the uk version? Here is what the insert made for ds is looking like with the file I got.

Please someone help me out.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I've been looking for the UK clamshell version of Gals Fighters for about 3 years. Everytime they pop up they either get scooped really fast or are listed at retarded prices.

BTW, I'm not against custom inserts but straight out scans/counteifeits? No, just no. It reminds me of that Metal Slug 2nd Mission that got listed as the real deal at least twice on these forums. Glad I catched those fuckers. People are getting scammed enough with home carts, let's not make this happen to the Neo Pocket.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Scam, counterfeit? I'm trying to get an insert done so I can put my cart and manual in since I've pretty much gave up obtaining the UK version and Gals Fighters and Sonic Pocket are the only Uk games I need.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Dude you just posted pictures of what you need. That custom insert is perfect. Why do you want your insert to look exactly the same as a real one if you just need something to put your cart and manual in? Get your shit straight son.

Games are changing hands and from my experience UK clamshell games with fake inserts tend to get listed as the real deal one day or another. I'm not saying that's what you plan to do, I'm saying you shouldn't make it look real because the next guy might take advantage of that.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have the US card board version and I have been unsuccessful in obtaining the UK version so I want one to match the rest of my carts. Some people are odd about scratches or what not I want my cases to be uniform with each other

If I wanted just something to put the cart and manual in I could keep them in the US case or a blank clamshell.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'll give a little unsolicited advice: Just keep your U.S. cardboard version but be on the lookout for a UK version. Once you find it (and you will, eventually), sell your U.S. one.
Keep it all original, no silly fake inserts needed.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So what you're saying is that you need someone to provide a scan of the insert to you so you could make a fake insert with it. Well, we're back to square one.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'll give a little unsolicited advice: Just keep your U.S. cardboard version but be on the lookout for a UK version. Once you find it (and you will, eventually), sell your U.S. one.
Keep it all original, no silly fake inserts needed.
Thanks. That was the plan except for the selling part. Whenever I got a clamshell version I gave my cousin the US version. I've just been trying to go the insert route since its been at least 10yrs that I've been searching for the UK version with no luck.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Thanks. That was the plan except for the selling part. Whenever I got a clamshell version I gave my cousin the US version. I've just been trying to go the insert route since its been at least 10yrs that I've been searching for the UK version with no luck.

Well you're just gonna have to tell your cousin to wait a little longer:). Besides, even if you do get a fake insert that looks identical to the real one aren't you still gonna be looking for a legit U.K. one?
Just keep the shitty, fake insert you have now until you find the real deal. You're always gonna want a legit one no matter how real the fake insert looks.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well you're just gonna have to tell your cousin to wait a little longer:). Besides, even if you do get a fake insert that looks identical to the real one aren't you still gonna be looking for a legit U.K. one?
Just keep the shitty, fake insert you have now until you find the real deal. You're always gonna want a legit one no matter how real the fake insert looks.
Actually no I'd be completely content with a fake insert that looks like the real deal since I have a legit cart and manual. If one pops up for very cheap after that I'd snag it but I wouldn't be actively looking anymore. Thanks to Instagram I've discovered the joy of repro items. I've been trying to get SNES Mega Man X3 box and the only thing I've found were crappy condition ones for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Due to crazy prices and availability it looked like I wouldn't get a box. Now I've got a repro box that costed me $15 bucks shipped to go with my cart and manual. It's not the same material but it looks just like the box and I'm happy. If someone ever makes a repro box for Kid Dracula for the Gameboy I'll grab that up since just the box went for $610 on eBay. I'd happily pay $15 and be on my way then try and get into a bidding war for whatever the next one will go for if one pops up again.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Meh, for obvious reasons I'm not a fan of repro items that even somewhat resemble the real thing... but whatever floats your boat. Proceed as you will.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Meh, for obvious reasons I'm not a fan of repro items that even somewhat resemble the real thing... but whatever floats your boat. Proceed as you will.

Do you own shockboxes?

I'll send you the UK ver I used before getting my legit one. I'll look for it tomorrow.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Do you own shockboxes?

No, but that is a poor comparison anyways.
Nobody is mistaking an MVS game inside a shockbox w/ an insert as being an AES game.

It does become a problem, again for obvious reasons, for MMX3, Kid Dracula, etc lookalike boxes that can (and do) be passed off as the real thing. Same goes for fake NGPC inserts for the rarer titles.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
No, but that is a poor comparison anyways.
Nobody is mistaking an MVS game inside a shockbox w/ an insert as being an AES game.

It does become a problem, again for obvious reasons, for MMX3, Kid Dracula, etc lookalike boxes that can (and do) be passed off as the real thing. Same goes for fake NGPC inserts for the rarer titles.

Self-righteous much? The comparison is the same. Dark wants the insert for his "shelf", much like any MVS guy with shockboxes. He's not asking for a kidney, geesh.

JESUS CHRIST!!! <image removed>

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Self-righteous much? The comparison is the same. Dark wants the insert for his "shelf", much like any MVS guy with shockboxes. He's not asking for a kidney, geesh.

The comparison is not the same. This is akin to making a replacement insert for a loose AES cart. One is of a product that never existed, the other is meant to be a copy of a real product. It's all fine, until someone decides they don't want it on their shelf anymore, it ends up on ebay several years down the line, then someone buys it and posts it here in the Boot or no Boot forum.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Fucking noobs will never understand until they get ripped off. You will change your mind when you end up paying big money for a loose cart with a fake insert. BAN please.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
What if he just watermarked it? Print one that looks original and just photoshopped some text over a corner of the cover art? Doesn't need to stick out, but something that would be obvious to a collector. Also I would add the reproduction text over something that would be a bitch to fix in photoshop. That way you don't have to worry that the reproduction is scanned itself in the future to make counterfeits.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

Yeah I'm self-righteous for being against bootlegs being made indistinguishable from originals...
Idiot.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Post 16 and 20 need to be deleted.

Wynd, I would just add, I'm OK with you helping the guy out but, you need to watermark your stuff, at least. That little "REPRODUCTION" tag under the UPC can easily be removed in photoshop.

Jon

PS: At the very least, you should have PM'd him instead.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Post 16 and 20 need to be deleted.

Wynd, I would just add, I'm OK with you helping the guy out but, you need to watermark your stuff, at least. That little "REPRODUCTION" tag under the UPC can easily be removed in photoshop.

Jon

PS: At the very least, you should have PM'd him instead.

That fucking noob just don't give a fuck about what's right. Why is this thread still going anyway? Is this what we want this place to be now? A place where bootleggers can find scans to make their counterfeits?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
That fucking noob just don't give a fuck about what's right. Why is this thread still going anyway? Is this what we want this place to be now? A place where bootleggers can find scans to make their counterfeits?

Yeah, I hate to say it but, since Wynd posted it, that high quality scan of the UK version of Gal Fighters is now officially "out there".

No getting it back now, unfortunately.

Jon

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Yeah, I hate to say it but, since Wynd posted it, that high quality scan of the UK version of Gal Fighters is now officially "out there".

No getting it back now, unfortunately.

Jon

well if you're just worried about web bots for search engines... they only do that once or twice a week. So there's still time. Also depending on the file name. It might be useless to search against anyway. So then it's just a matter of taking it down before someone with bad intentions copies the file local.