Noob Candy Cab question

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Guys, definitely thinking of getting a Candy Cab for my pinball room but I just don't know how this stuff works. I definitely want to play all JAMMA games and wouldn't mind playing MAME but I'm fine with pure JAMMA for now. My question is if I get JAMMA do I have to put separate units for NEO GEO MVS and Atomiswave?

I'm a little lost and apologies in advance but hopefully someone can help me. I can go up to around $2,500 for a good one but that's about all I want to spend.

Thanks for your help.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I don't think I've ever seen a candy cab that cost $2500 (outside of videogameX), half that should be more than enough with shipping included.
MVS 1slots are JAMMA standard, atomiswave is too but you might have a more of a headache wiring buttons 4+5 on certain cabs, not sure.

I know Rot loves when I post links to other sites, but I'm going to anyway: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Main_Page

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Thanks Chem, really appreciate it. Yea, I didn't think I needed to spend that much but that was my limit. I'll check out the link and thanks again.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
The LA area is Candy Cab heaven. You should have no problem finding a very nice one for way less than $2500.

TSXGuy

New Challenger
My bad, I'm actually in Tampa. I just updated my setting a little. I can always get one shipped from Cali though.

firebrand

New Challenger
My bad, I'm actually in Tampa. I just updated my setting a little. I can always get one shipped from Cali though.

Illinois might be a bit closer. Check out http://www.windygaming.com/collections/arcade-cabinets, I got my Egret from these guys and it was in pretty good condition. You can always contact them through the contact us page and ask if they have any candies in or ask when the next shipment will be.

I figure there are some folks in FL that deal in cabs as well if you look around on the net.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Illinois might be a bit closer. Check out http://www.windygaming.com/collections/arcade-cabinets, I got my Egret from these guys and it was in pretty good condition. You can always contact them through the contact us page and ask if they have any candies in or ask when the next shipment will be.

I figure there are some folks in FL that deal in cabs as well if you look around on the net.

I'm not sure how much longer i'll be doing candy. I do appreciate the reference though.

West

Mr. Big's Thug

If WindyGaming isn't an option (first choice, they hooked up a buddy of mine very nicely), then from what I hear the guys at The Game Room are pretty solid on getting candy cabs and will ship them wherever you want. http://www.thegameroom.com/arcade-games.shtml I think they have Blasts and Astros right now.

TSXGuy

New Challenger
You guys are freaking awesome thanks again. I'll check out The Game Room seeing as how Windy may not be an option. Have a great week. Looking forward to reporting back on this.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah 2500 is way more than you need. Half that and you can get a pretty decent cab. LA is drying up on those candy cabs. I was lucky to even get one recently thanks to a hookup through a friend.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
1250 for old ass crt candy's is insane.. Hell no.

Look on craigs for ones for 250-350. Aero city etc. Both my super neo 29's were in the 350 range. My pony mark iv cost 250 delivered, my original MVS U4 was like 250 delivered I think. Don't pay more to the greedy dicks out there. These machines aren't rare in so cal, and shouldn't be sold for 'rare' prices.

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
There are quite a few candy cab owners in the Florida area. I've paid more than $1250 in recent years, but I would consider what I bought in excellent condition and rare. There are more cabs around than there used to be, however demand is much higher.

I bought my first New Astro cab in 2005 for $400. That same cab nowadays would be worth $700-$800...considering how cherry it was.

If you look hard enough you could find something in the $500-$700 price range. I'm not talking about Cali pricing...that shit is candy land, everyone knows that.

I may end up doing another group buy if I garner enough interest. It was kind of a pain in the ass, but I feel I had the situation on lock for the most part. We'll see in the coming months...