strikers 1945: boot no boot

p3lagic

n00b
These boards don't look like what's on mvs-scans so i'd like your opinions.

Attachments

• strikers1.jpg
    strikers1.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 134
  • sticker2.jpg
    sticker2.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 124

p3lagic

n00b
that's unfortunate. I got it from neostore.com ... thought they were reputable.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They've got a lot of France edition home carts now too!

p3lagic

n00b
I did miss the description that the cartridge and label did not appear to be official and they didn't know about the EPROMS. Either way they are allowing me to return for a full refund so it's all good.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
LOL WTF, Sammy chips on a Neo Geo cart and you're asking if it's a boot?

No SNK boards or chips is another good sign a cart is a boot.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
sad to hear that boots have reached the neo store. i know that some times they will list an item if they're still not shore or can't verify the authenticity of an item. but this is clearly a boot from first sight.

madman

sad to hear that boots have reached the neo store. i know that some times they will list an item if they're still not shore or can't verify the authenticity of an item. but this is clearly a boot from first sight.

Wasn't the store recently offering authentication services? And now there's a $200 Puzzle Bobble "conversion." Yep, I want my games authenticated by someone who doesn't know Sammy SMT flash chips don't belong in an MVS cart.

Looks legit:
1566-2.jpg

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Yep, I want my games authenticated by someone who doesn't know Sammy SMT flash chips don't belong in an MVS cart.

It looks like Strikers was listed as a boot but OP misread the description.

I did miss the description that the cartridge and label did not appear to be official and they didn't know about the EPROMS. Either way they are allowing me to return for a full refund so it's all good.

You're right though, the Neo Store shouldn't sell counterfeits. This is bad business.

How much money did Shawn make with that boot anyway? 80 bucks? I don't think it's worth the bad rep this kind of shit brings to his store.

madman

It looks like Strikers was listed as a boot but OP misread the description.
I remember it said something like "unusual EPROMs" or something to that effect, but a n00b shouldn't expect to be buying boots from the store. I've noticed a bunch of "conversions" lately as well. It's pretty sad to see things go that way, it was the last place you could count on an honest sale, otherwise why charge a premium?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I remember it said something like "unusual EPROMs" or something to that effect, but a n00b shouldn't expect to be buying boots from the store. I've noticed a bunch of "conversions" lately as well. It's pretty sad to see things go that way, it was the last place you could count on an honest sale, otherwise why charge a premium?

Unusual eproms? For fuck's sake, it's even worse than I thought... :oh_no:

but a n00b shouldn't expect to be buying boots from the store. I've noticed a bunch of "conversions" lately as well. It's pretty sad to see things go that way, it was the last place you could count on an honest sale, otherwise why charge a premium?

You and me both bro. The Neo Store isn't what it used to be anymore.

madman

Title label, gold warning label, and clear cartridge shell appear to be unofficial. The chips are unusual, but don't have the EPROM look (no clear windows found). Includes new art pack in original baggie.
Everybody gotta get paid on teh boots these days, yo.

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Yea, I'm surprised Shawn would sell that. That's bad business bro. "Unusual eprom", is like someone trying to sell a boot on eBay to avoid eBay repercussions. I "like" the fact that "new" games can be made without sac-ing old carts, but it's still a bootleg.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Unusual eproms? For fuck's sake, it's even worse than I thought... :oh_no:

You and me both bro. The Neo Store isn't what it used to be anymore.
I think everybody noticed my post about a JAMMA MV-6F. Some people here made fun of me (nothing unexpected on my side).
I did it intentionally but not too directly oriented in the way other members could reckon I was attacking the neo store.
The experience related by p3lagic just confirms something is going wrong there...