KOF97 Artwork Input

Hubes22

New Challenger
I'm probably being paranoid but wanted to get some input on my English KOF97 label and manual. I did take the cart apart and everything matched up to the PCB scans on arcade-collector.com, minus the Toshiba chips but the numbers matched up on the chips. I just noticed a little difference in the position of the staples on the manual when compared to my JPN copy of the game and the cart sticker seemed a little off.. Notice on the top cart picture the black dots in the white on the "Neo Geo". I looked at some of my other carts and didn't see this. Like I said, maybe I'm just paranoid. Please give me your opinions. Original or not? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3595.JPG
    IMG_3595.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You should see some of the cart stickers on my legit AES carts. Half of them aren't anywhere near centered and I know everything in my collection is legit. There will always be slight variations in printing, etc.

If the board scans match, then it's just human error with stickers. I doubt anyone is making case art, stickers, and manuals for KOF 97, even if it's English, for chip swaps via mvs

Last edited:

Hubes22

New Challenger
awbacon... Thanks for the information. I just read about boots and conversions going around and if I notice a little something off I like to get some input from others that know a lot more than me. Attached are the PCB pictures. I didn't see anything off here. IMG_3596.JPGIMG_3597.JPGIMG_3598.JPGIMG_3599.JPGIMG_3600.JPG

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
there are tons of others on here with way more experience than me, but none of those solder joints look suspect to me.

I'm sure your fine

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah, PCBs and ROMs are clearly legit, I can't see anyone putting in the to bootleg a cart like that. If it was Metal Slug or something, it'd be another story.