Soooo... new X-Files tonight?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
It had a tranny crack whore. No wonder people here thought it was a good episode.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude the new X-Files is awesome. They slipped back into their roles so perfectly. "Not the gun you idiot!" lol . The last episode is just straight hilarious.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That last episode didn't do much for me, too campy. Everyone seems to have really enjoyed it though and the ratings are still solid.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Finally got around to watching episode three. I understand why some hate it, but I totally loved it. It had me cracking up the whole time plus there were some really great character moments IMHO.

Plus extra points for the tranny crack whore. :P I'm completely sold on the show coming back now. More after these please!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about episode 4. There was some decent character development on the Scully side of things and the concept of the monster was cool, but I found myself wanting more coverage of the monster / investigation in Philly.

And the theme of well-cast guest stars continues. I was excited to see Tim Armstrong from Rancid in this one.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
FUCK I forgot to watch it tonight. Does Fox have some sort of streaming service like Hulu?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Yeah they have something called Foxnow. It was something they had on commercials.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I agree this last episode was okay but let stellar compared to the others. I get it,
Spoiler:
you have a kid you gave up for adoption and feel bad.

They way they harp on it so heavily obviously they are going to resolve it in some way by the end of this miniseries.

Preview of the next episode looked amusing though, who knows.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
My thoughts are pretty similar- William's storyline pretty much has to be resolved in order to pay off the obnoxious segments focusing on him/his adoption/ghost William playing with Fox/etc in order to pay off this junk.

Shitty episode that doesn't give me much hope for the last few. Seems like this will be a failed experiment.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
The whole William storyline from seasons 8-9 was awful to begin with. I wish they would have just dropped it this time around. I'm still enjoying the new episodes. Episode 3 was great.

Seasons 1 - 9 came out on Blu Ray back in December. The picture quality is a drastic improvement over the DVDs.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Seasons 1 - 9 came out on Blu Ray back in December. The picture quality is a drastic improvement over the DVDs.

Yeah, I picked it up a couple weeks back, and my wife and I just started re-watching everything (it's been a few years since we last watched the series). X-Files is like a drug. It's so easy to lose a night doing little else.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
No doubt its been asked...

After Anderson's pay dispute, would a further continuation see the light of day?

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
The new season of X-files has been enjoyable to watch, but far from good. I will keep watching though. :D

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I personally am loving the occult themes they are bringing into it, such as the thoughtform and the entheogen

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
No doubt its been asked...

After Anderson's pay dispute, would a further continuation see the light of day?

I'm fairly certain they're setting up a spinoff for agents Miller and Einstein, so they can continue the concept but pay the actors peanuts. I won't keep watching if that's the case.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'm fairly certain they're setting up a spinoff for agents Miller and Einstein, so they can continue the concept but pay the actors peanuts. I won't keep watching if that's the case.

The last episode made me think the same, but they are too much like carbon copies of Mulder and Scully for that to be the case.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Thing is its a new generation of viewers they may aim for in which case since no one these days really cares about the old series, they could just pull it off and shake off any associated controversy. I personally feel these new guys are too bland.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Quite nice so far, the story writers haven't lost their mojo it seems.

Not sure whether this couple thing really works for me but I think I'll stick to it for now.