Soooo... new X-Files tonight?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Do you need cable for that? I am thinking of killing my cable service, but would miss a few shows. We currently have netflix.

No, not for the Fox app. But it shows commercials just like you'd see on TV.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks. I'll get Roku.

You should. The Roku is awesome. I mostly use it for NetFlix, but also for Amazon Prime, Hulu, and this Fox deal. I also use it for ESPN and NBC Sports, because I have my parent's Xfinity login info.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I just finished watching the episode. WTF?!?!? When are we gonna find out what happens?!?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
There better be a new season or a fucking movie or something. I'm so pissed with the ending.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Not sure how I feel about it. If they make us wait for 5 years for the next season, it would piss me off. If they come out with it soon, I'm ok.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
So, is no one excited for the new season? I thought the season premiere was over the top at times and wonder if the rest of the season will be like this, but I'm just gonna enjoy the series for what it is at this point. I thought it was pretty funny when Fox confronted Skinner at the end of the episode for smelling like cigarettes. :lolz:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
So, is no one excited for the new season? I thought the season premiere was over the top at times and wonder if the rest of the season will be like this, but I'm just gonna enjoy the series for what it is at this point. I thought it was pretty funny when Fox confronted Skinner at the end of the episode for smelling like cigarettes. :lolz:

No. Nobody else is excited for it. In the entire world.

You're the only one, man.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
It's on the DVR for eventual consumption. I wasn't wowed by the mini series, but it didn't turn me off entirely either. I hope those two new agents die in a fire though.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I liked it just fine. Some of you guys have expectations that are way too high. It's a fucking TV show, for cripes sake.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
It was also a TV show back when it didn't suck.

Discovery channel has been airing the original series now that the new season started. Watching some of those episodes reminds me of why I came to like this show, and IMO, the original series still holds up well today (the music, cinematography, writing). Today, they showed the episode with that mutant guy that fits in vents and hibernates after eating livers. Great show. Staple of the 90s for me.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was excited for it until I saw the first episode. Straight terrible. /sigh

This. I couldn’t sit comfortably through the first episode, it was 2 out of 5. I’m done with it. I enjoyed the previous comeback season but with the amount of excellent TV out there I’m not wasting my time with this sellout trash.

And Gillian Anderson is out... because the show is shit.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
You should watch this week's episode for a good laugh. It's like the comedic episode they did last season in spirit and is worth watching. The new X-Files is best when it doesn't take itself seriously.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I loved the book with the answers to everything. Their goofball episodes like this are hit and miss but the last ten minutes brought it all together.