Are you a loser?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK Nancies, let's try to make it work here...I'm on both XBL and PSN right now, I can switch to PS3 as well, so let's have some games!

loki

n00b
I can't find a single fucking person to play games with. My good friends live too far away....?

moving and being an adult is killer on anyone's social live. same boat here.

IRL a lot more people play video games than they let on. If you'r the first one to bring up your gaming habits, your bound to meet some repressed gamer in people you probably already know. ...Work?... And play the games they are into. Not something esoteric only you aspire to play coop. You will have more fun that way.

if your into comics or just want to meet at least "hobby convenience friends". look around to find a clean, social, and not creepy comic store and open a subscription file or lurk the trades. show up on weds/thurs and make conversation with other regulars. You'll eventually meet some like minded individuals. especially around a bethesda release. If your a good listener your everyone's new BFF.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
This problem is especially annoying with fighting games. I can usually breeze through a fighter's single player mode. It'd be fucking great to play against some humans, but alas...

What fighters are out there that offer a good challenge for social retards?

Stop playing fighting games and start playing anything else. Try a different genre of game. Puzzle games are perfect for single player (and your wife might find she likes some of those).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Do not stop playing fighting games, ^WTF are you crazy?! Get a 360 cheap, XBL free for a month and download some fighting games, SFHDRemix is cheap, could prolly get it at Gamestop on disc form for dirt, one of them Capcom XBL compilations, anyway, get it, jump in and you'll find lots of fun. Lots of games on XBL to play fighting games to no end.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
that sucks, i have plenty of friends that play fighting game, problem is they only want to play "relevant" games. Every now and then i can get some kof, breakers or rb2 matches but not as often as i would like.
I play 3s and alittle ultra on ps3. But your should seriously consider getting on FightCade. Doesnt require anything powerful to run and the coding is good. Down load it and take a look at the rooms to see which games ppl play the most

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
that sucks, i have plenty of friends that play fighting game, problem is they only want to play "relevant" games. Every now and then i can get some kof, breakers or rb2 matches but not as often as i would like.
I play 3s and alittle ultra on ps3. But your should seriously consider getting on FightCade. Doesnt require anything powerful to run and the coding is good. Down load it and take a look at the rooms to see which games ppl play the most

I've been on fightcade a handful of times and it runs awful. I dunno if it's rose colored glasses or what but Super Turbo is borderline unplayable, and I know it's not my connection either.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
If its not your connection then its the other persons. Its good but not perfect or magic. Have yet to play ST on it yet, could be that game/room too. I live in houston and my friend lives in dallas and we were able to play Third Strike with minimal lag. Ive played other ppl with pretty good result and some with really shitty lag.
All the SNK fighters ive tried on FightCade like kof 00, 98, breakers revenge, RB2 and Kizuna encounter played really well.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I hate playing fighting games online, I always get demolished. When Chrono Phantasma came out I breezed through the single player mode and went online. Lost 20 matches in a row, and said fuck it. I dont know if its because I was playing the super elite in Japan who had owned the game for months prior or what.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
im not good or anything, just casual but here is a set of me playing with a buddy in NYC. Any lag you might see is from the capture and not the game play

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been on fightcade a handful of times and it runs awful. I dunno if it's rose colored glasses or what but Super Turbo is borderline unplayable, and I know it's not my connection either.

I've been wanting to try the Neo Turf Masters on fightcade, do you think it can handle that at least?! Kaillera was better, hands down.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I've been wanting to try the Neo Turf Masters on fightcade, do you think it can handle that at least?! Kaillera was better, hands down.

After the abortion that was ST online, I uninstalled the program and never looked back. All I know is if the game lags like shit, turfies is going to be unplayable.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

I tried it a few times, it worked alright for maybe 10 min then just crashed. Disappointing for sure :(

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

I can always test it out , I doubt that game would lag much .
I remember kaillera back in the day , lots of kof 98, 00 and 02. Why did kaillera die?
Don't know how long ago u guys tried fight cade but they've switched acouple servers in the last year. Maybe that contributed to the bad experience, idk

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just played with Pasky a few back and forth ST on fightcade, it was pretty laggy.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Damn, guess that's one that lags. That sucks, only capcom fighter I've played is 3s on there and it's 50/50 for me. Been meaning to jump on some alpha 3, haven't played to forever.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'm definitely no homer for Fightcade, but it can run pretty decent matches from time to time. A couple weeks ago Maximilian ran SF2 history matches and all the 'Mericans came out in droves. I played WW, HF, and ST and didn't have one bad connection. Now I play any other time it seems and the matches are jittery as hell.

IMO Fightcade is for games not on console or games that never have any players on console. Other then that saying a netcode from 2008 is the pinnacle of online fighting game matches is retarded.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well...HDR on XBL has the best netcode or online experience ever, when is that game from 2008?

Hope to get to have some fights with you someday...like others here, now they can't walk all high and mighty anymore, yeah, diluting the hopeful is my thing...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Well...HDR on XBL has the best netcode or online experience ever, when is that game from 2008?

Hope to get to have some fights with you someday...like others here, now they can't walk all high and mighty anymore, yeah, diluting the hopeful is my thing...

As much as I enjoy your zeal for HDR... Considering how many matches I watch the characters teleport all over the place, and it is amusing to take Dhalsim and start teleporting in the teleport, but I digress. HDR is ship without a rudder. It works ok, unless you experience issues then it goes batshit crazy.

You can take that same shitty connection and play decent matches in Ultra Street Fighter IV or any of the Iron Galaxy games. For that matter the Namco netcode works better as long as you can deal with the insane input delay. For being a game that's netcode was made in '08 it's pretty damn good, but again it's an outdated netcode.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Tekken was my thing since tag 1. Tag 2 has some bearable gameplay but input lag is a issue but thats with all 3d games. I Remember when tekken 5 dr came out for ps3 , the worst net code ever. Same night I downloaded it I got so pissed off about the lag since I was used to playing at the arcade that I smashed a dual shock 2 ps pad with my fists. After I destroyed it washed my hands and continued playing . Lol I thought I had anger issues but it I only had those issue while I played that game

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I had a few of those stories. Most of them had to do with the original xbox and that atrocious netcode. I practically did a maiden masher to a Street Fighter Anniversary joystick because I got online and it felt like I had extra lag coming from the controller. Went throught a crap ton of sticks till I went to a shop that sold Hori.

Actually Capcom vs SNK 2 had the worst netcode of all time (KOF XIII PS3 coming in second), but yeah know where you're going with that. The problem with the netcode is what poison you're willing to pick. Namco seems to like the input delay. Capcom likes unstable connections. SNK likes screwing up, or messing with every variable, whatever comes first.

With the technology and internet speeds increasing, we should be able to have really good matches online. The problem comes with game companies testing netcode in areas where they are amazing (Korea, Japan, China) then trying to sell them in countries that are not as amazing (rest of the world). I applaud Capcom for testing so much in the western world, but more companies need to figure out how to make the netcode work.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
atleast it wasnt as bad as my friend who got upset while playing ultra online. He smashed a dual mod hrap1 that i had dual modded for him and he destroyed his madcatz te1. Pretty expensive rage not to mention he couldnt play any fighting games until i modded a hori t5 for him. lol I was able to salvage the 360 pcb from the dual mod and on ACOUPLE 30mm seimitsu buttons, everything else was destroyed.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
*grins* I have an expensive habit of breaking expensive sticks. If not me my cats peeing them ruined a couple.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Wow, getting the wife to play Zelda or Mario is an achievement in my books.

I managed to find a local gamer on Craigslist, believe it or not (and no, not the personals section). He was selling some Neo games, I was buying, we started chatting and now we have regular Windjammers battles.

How regular is regular?

I'm actually serious. In my experience, I'm lucky to have a friend that might play video games with me (or do anything else) once. Ever. Maybe twice. If it makes it to twice, it never fails to break down right there.

I hear about friends doing things regularly, and I feel like I was out sick the day they taught that in school.

The last time I tried setting up a get-together to go out to an arcade, most people didn't even bother saying no. They said they had fun the first time and wanted to do it again, but it never came to fruition, and not for a lack of trying on my part.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
As much as I enjoy your zeal for HDR... Considering how many matches I watch the characters teleport all over the place, and it is amusing to take Dhalsim and start teleporting in the teleport, but I digress. HDR is ship without a rudder. It works ok, unless you experience issues then it goes batshit crazy.

You can take that same shitty connection and play decent matches in Ultra Street Fighter IV or any of the Iron Galaxy games. For that matter the Namco netcode works better as long as you can deal with the insane input delay. For being a game that's netcode was made in '08 it's pretty damn good, but again it's an outdated netcode.
I play regularly and have more decent matches than not, better than anything else, better than 3rdS, so I dunno what to tell you. HDRemix XBL works great online, I always find connections from 50 to 150 and have no problems but yeah keep watching videos of it...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
3rd Strike can have issues because people can intentionally cause it. Iron Galaxy gave the power to add or subtract input delay to the host of the game. It's really nice, but for things like ranked matches, it can get a little unpredictable. Especially since not every player understands how the system works.

HDR 1st of all has a completely variable input delay. Meaning the input delay moves around as much as the ping does. For someone who is precise with their inputs that can be more annoying then having a lot of input delay since if you are the type to use split second timing, as long as their is a rhyme or reason to it you can adapt so to speak. That's why for me it can be really annoying. For others who don't do that it will feel like a godsend, especially since the frames of animation in HDR is pretty low. Also HDR isn't the only one who adopts this idea on how to control input delay and it's one of the better experiences that does adopts this style.

2nd, if the ping moves faster then the game can handle, you get the teleport effect. Which is the game trying to keep up with the lost frames by just fast forwarding the game to where ever it's supposed to be. Much like watching a live video stream. For me this happens quite a bit with certain players. Quite a few are located in the U.S.. Simply because HDR doesn't have anything to stop it from happening, like adding extra input delay to counter the problem like newer games would, the problem never gets better and the matches are unplayable.

I like HDR and do play it from time to time. As long as the ping doesn't get out of hand, yes the game can have really good matches, even overseas. However I know it has some bad flaws to ever consider it one of the best netcodes on XBLA.