Are you a loser?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I did not know that about third strike, never played with the settings. just play my friends whenever they wanna catch alittle 3s. I will have to look into that

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
3rd Strike can have issues because people can intentionally cause it. Iron Galaxy gave the power to add or subtract input delay to the host of the game. It's really nice, but for things like ranked matches, it can get a little unpredictable. Especially since not every player understands how the system works.

HDR 1st of all has a completely variable input delay. Meaning the input delay moves around as much as the ping does. For someone who is precise with their inputs that can be more annoying then having a lot of input delay since if you are the type to use split second timing, as long as their is a rhyme or reason to it you can adapt so to speak. That's why for me it can be really annoying. For others who don't do that it will feel like a godsend, especially since the frames of animation in HDR is pretty low. Also HDR isn't the only one who adopts this idea on how to control input delay and it's one of the better experiences that does adopts this style.

2nd, if the ping moves faster then the game can handle, you get the teleport effect. Which is the game trying to keep up with the lost frames by just fast forwarding the game to where ever it's supposed to be. Much like watching a live video stream. For me this happens quite a bit with certain players. Quite a few are located in the U.S.. Simply because HDR doesn't have anything to stop it from happening, like adding extra input delay to counter the problem like newer games would, the problem never gets better and the matches are unplayable.

I like HDR and do play it from time to time. As long as the ping doesn't get out of hand, yes the game can have really good matches, even overseas. However I know it has some bad flaws to ever consider it one of the best netcodes on XBLA.
I tell you what, I have so many good matches but when I try to have matches with you it's always a fiasco connection wise, maybe there's something off with your setup, otherwise why would it keep happening time after time, we've only played once...maybe...I know it was horrible lag, I mean, I dunno I can't honestly remember if you were even any good...lol, but I do remember connecting with you was a nightmare.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Knock on wood, but ive never really had any issues with 3s on psn, but i dont play that often so maybe i dont know any better.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I did not know that about third strike, never played with the settings. just play my friends whenever they wanna catch alittle 3s. I will have to look into that

Look at GGPO delay. setting it at 0 you want the ping around 100m/s or lower. 1 is around 170m/s or lower. 2 is 250m/s or lower. I really don't go higher then that since that covers Japan usually.

PSN has a higher ping then XBLA so I usually keep my GGPO delay on 1 and the match search on 170m/s.

EG our 1 match was fine. Again the problem is ping movement on HDR. I just played matches with guys from Japan and it was great. Then again I can say the same thing about Fatal Fury Special. Both have less frames then most so in all honesty it should be decent.

Our connection is a mystery to me. I have the highest net service the company provides right now. This doesn't stop bad connections or other people from having shitty connections or simply one internet company not working well with another.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Yep! I am a loser... Plenty of cool stuff to play with, pool table, guitars, basses, games, a well outfitted woodworking shop..... Nobody comes over, nobody wants to play.
:(

Oh well... I'll just spend my time playing, and making awesome things. :)

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Yep! I am a loser... Plenty of cool stuff to play with, pool table, guitars, basses, games, a well outfitted woodworking shop..... Nobody comes over, nobody wants to play.
:(

Oh well... I'll just spend my time playing, and making awesome things. :)