Are you a loser?

atty101

n00b
I definitely am. I can't find a single fucking person to play games with. My good friends live too far away and my wife won't play anything that's not Zelda or Mario.

Anyone else dealing with the same thing?

This problem is especially annoying with fighting games. I can usually breeze through a fighter's single player mode. It'd be fucking great to play against some humans, but alas...

What fighters are out there that offer a good challenge for social retards?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Leave your family and move to SE Asia where people play in arcades still.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
You breeze through neo fighters on mvs lvl 8? Post a vid of you 1ccing ss2 plz :)
As for playing with friends pick fighters you are not familiar with, train your sf3 active Blocks against them, etc.
That said with RL friends playing we end up playing coop shmups
most of the time.
For playing with waifu try puzzle games that dont't have too many titty chars, puzzle bobble comes to mind. If all else fails play online (fightcade has been mentioned) GL!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'm kind of use to playing alone.besides the arcades, i never had any friends who liked 2d fighters.

and to be honest, i prefer playing alone. could play what ever i want, when ever i want. where as when ever i bring people over, they always want to play the shitest game in the pile.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Play NTM, it's the perfect solitaire among Neo's library & you're more than welcome to post your achievements here.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Pics of the wife playing Zelda?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
How is it that people can't find any friends that like fighting games? It's crazy...most of my closest friends do play fighting games...and like metal...and comics...and futbol...and wrassling...maybe that's why we're close...lol.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've got a few local friends that are into games, but none of them are into fighters. I gotta go to Mugis or Panda Island to get my fight on.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
XBL though, can't recommend it enough for 3rdS, HDRemix, GGXXAC+, all those games run great. The SNK games don't have a great Netcode but I played Fatal Fury Special a lot when there was no HDRemix yet, it was that and Hyper Fighting, both rather dull now 'cause there's better netcode games out there but back then they were very playable. Before that I played XBOX Original SF Annyversary with HYper and 3rdS and that was also very playable but I mean I was very lenient then. However I used to play Kawaks with Kaillera, this is before GGPO, fightcade and all that stuff and I swer to you those games played better than fightcade. I used to play X-Men vs SF with a buddy of mine from MASS to FL we got on the phone with MIc sets and BAM, we were living it up before it began! Good times...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Luckily my close friends play fighters but alas everyone has jobs and kids. We play when we can get together. Other than that start playing online. KOF 98 Final is out on Steam and features online play.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Wow, getting the wife to play Zelda or Mario is an achievement in my books.

I managed to find a local gamer on Craigslist, believe it or not (and no, not the personals section). He was selling some Neo games, I was buying, we started chatting and now we have regular Windjammers battles.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Wow, getting the wife to play Zelda or Mario is an achievement in my books.

I managed to find a local gamer on Craigslist, believe it or not (and no, not the personals section). He was selling some Neo games, I was buying, we started chatting and now we have regular Windjammers battles.

Neo Love connection.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Is "Windjammer Battles" code for buttfunnin?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I have a similar problem. My friends like gaming, but none of them are really in to fighters. They'll play KOF or FF with me for a little while, but they get bored of losing pretty quickly and don't care enough to try to improve. I do have one friend who plays Street Fighter, but he sucks at SNK fighters for some reason.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I have a large 360 friends list. The problem I have is everybody feels the need to migrate to a new system, even when they don't care that much about the games, just to have it. So you have a list of 100 people with 90 never touch a 360 anymore. Makes me scratch my head.

Btw also a loser with a family and health problems that prevent me from being a social butterfly. I'm cool with it but some days it gets on your nerves finding anybody to talk with.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I hate it when people do that. I've been playing mostly PS4 lately, but the PS3 is right there and I can use it anytime, and it has far more good games on it.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
None of my friends have any interest in games at all, really. I've really gotten used to single player stuff. Puzzle games are good.