Quick walkthrough video of NERDtendo's gameroom...

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
My gameroom is always a crazy hectic mess because I actually work on stuff in my gameroom all the time. This morning seemed like a good time to do a new walkthrough video since my last one was done a couple years ago. Of course my son couldn't let the games be turned on without playing them so he is in the video too. He loves them SHMUPS...

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
This is my last video done almost 3 years ago for comparison...

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Like it - it's really moved on in a couple of years. I wish I had a space like that.

You still need to buy a light bulb though :D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude epic game room. Just the DK and the Space Shuttle alone is rad. Plus your boy is rad at shmups. I'm starting to want another PVM. Just one doesen't seem enough lol.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Thanks guys. I think I will do one with the lights on and the games off to let y'all see the cool smaller stuff. The room feels like 3 rooms with all the stuff that's crammed everywhere.

My kid has loved the SHMUPS from day one. I change the games in the line up all the time and he always gravitates to the shooters. He was playing Mushihimesama on my wife's iPad today and he was able to clear the 1st level and half the second before having to continue (on Novice difficulty, but he's only 3). He's got a chance to be great if he stays interested in them as he gets older.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Lookin' good man. Whenever my wife complains about a couple cabs in the lower level I show her videos like this - so thank you. You're doing the Lord's work.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That Missile Command cocktail is sweet. Never seen one before.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I got lucky with a very patient wife. I would like to say that all of my stuff is in the gameroom, but I have my GameCube and Wii U hooked up to the HDTV on one side of the living room and a PS2 hooked up to a 32" CRT on the other side of the room. My daughter has my Star Explorer pinball in her room. There's a PinBot machine on my back porch waiting for me to work on it. Also, there are 2 crts stored in my bedroom because 1 is a compatible donor tube for my arcade games and the other I play PONG on. My closet it filled with board games and empty console boxes. It's a sickness, but I hide it well in the house.

That Missile Command cocktail I just finished rebuilding just before Christmas. It's a sweet game, but I gotta get rid of it just because it takes up too much space.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I got lucky with a very patient wife. I would like to say that all of my stuff is in the gameroom, but I have my GameCube and Wii U hooked up to the HDTV on one side of the living room and a PS2 hooked up to a 32" CRT on the other side of the room. My daughter has my Star Explorer pinball in her room. There's a PinBot machine on my back porch waiting for me to work on it. Also, there are 2 crts stored in my bedroom because 1 is a compatible donor tube for my arcade games and the other I play PONG on. My closet it filled with board games and empty console boxes. It's a sickness, but I hide it well in the house.

That Missile Command cocktail I just finished rebuilding just before Christmas. It's a sweet game, but I gotta get rid of it just because it takes up too much space.

Too bad you're not closer, I would totally scoop that Missile Command.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Nice room, a shame you want to get rid of the Missile Command, it looks awesome! I wish we had more arcades over here in Belgium so i could have better deals here because cocktail tables and arcades of the 80's are ultra rare over here.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I actually really like the Missile Command game. I've had it for 2 years. I got it non working and have since had the monitor rebuilt, the motherboard repaired, the trackballs rebuilt with new bearings/rods and new trackballs, and put on new locks and a power switch on it. The only thing that was working just fine was the power brick and the AR board. I plan to try to convince my in-laws to let me put it in their basement. It's the only arcade that they play when they go into the gameroom (besides pinball) so it might not be a hard sell. They already have a VS Red Tent that I put in there a few years ago.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
He started out in the video playing Shienryu on the Blast City...it's an ST-V game (the only vertically oriented ST-V game too). The game he went to after that is Blazing Star for the MVS (in my Deathsmiles Dynamo HS-2 cab).

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
He started out in the video playing Shienryu on the Blast City...it's an ST-V game (the only vertically oriented ST-V game too). The game he went to after that is Blazing Star for the MVS (in my Deathsmiles Dynamo HS-2 cab).

This is basically the sequel to Daioh, had the same team and the first level is almost identical, ships are similar etc...

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Picture of my small NEO GEO collection...

My small ST-V collection (motherboard and Multi cart are installed in my Blast City and not pictured here)...

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Thanks guys. I think I will do one with the lights on and the games off to let y'all see the cool smaller stuff. The room feels like 3 rooms with all the stuff that's crammed everywhere.

Here is the video with the lights on and the games off...

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice collection, I really dig the laser lights and light up signs. I am a sucker for the little things.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I just got the laser lights put in. I saw the thing on TV (Star Shower) and convinced my wife to put them up for Christmas and then I got to snatch them for the gameroom when we took down the decorations. I wish there was a blue laser available, but this one is good for the price.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Thanks! I have a handful of other SHMUPS that are packed away in the big tubs in my closet so they were pictured. In there I have Twin Cobra, Strikers 1945, and Deathsmiles. SHMUPS are where my passion's at. I really love restoring old Nintendo games, but the shooters are what I like to play most.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just got the laser lights put in. I saw the thing on TV (Star Shower) and convinced my wife to put them up for Christmas and then I got to snatch them for the gameroom when we took down the decorations. I wish there was a blue laser available, but this one is good for the price.

Blue lasers would be cool , maybe in a couple years they will make a blue version like they do for Jewish Holiday lights.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
That is one lucky kid you've got there. Nice stuff and great short and sweet vids w/ no blabbering. Just how I like 'em.