Define "gamer condition"

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
When someone describes an item that is in gamer condition, what does that mean to you?

Reason I'm asking is I sold a couple of rather beat up AES games listed as being in gamer condition and the buyer isn't happy with them. Of one the boxes was kinda falling apart and one of the manuals had a spot of water damage on the back. Other than that, they were in reasonably decent shape. The carts were cleaned, tested and work fine.

In the future, should I specify these types of issues in detail or is "gamer condition" and a pic of the front sufficient for cheap common games?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It's in a condition where the gamer can play it and expect nothing more. (i.e. not close to mint or collector quality)

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If it works - then you can play it. Gamer condition.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
In the Neo world, I think "Gamer" condition means its been played.....once.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
When someone describes an item that is in gamer condition, what does that mean to you?

Reason I'm asking is I sold a couple of rather beat up AES games listed as being in gamer condition and the buyer isn't happy with them. Of one the boxes was kinda falling apart and one of the manuals had a spot of water damage on the back. Other than that, they were in reasonably decent shape. The carts were cleaned, tested and work fine.

In the future, should I specify these types of issues in detail or is "gamer condition" and a pic of the front sufficient for cheap common games?

gamer condition = game box in ok condition, may have small cracks or so. game cartridge or disc has minor scratches but still playable without any issue. manual may be damaged

I think some buyers "assume" gamer condition may be in excellent condition. But if you don't post clear picture or showing water damage part, they'll get upset even though we know those are in "gamer" condition

But average NG.com buyers should know what "gamer condition" is, especially we're not talking about "minty" or "prestine" condition.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Game works, label/manual/insert/boxes/etc may be in shit condition.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Echoing above posts, as long as you can play the game. The rest of the packaging and whatnit's condition doesn't matter.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Gamer condition to me would mean that it's worn and maybe a bit beat up, but still in okay shape. For a home cart, I'd say that the case may have scuffing or markings, the insert might be a little messed up, and the cart has scratches. It's a step above "beat to shit," like having torn labels, cracks in the case, etc.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I read... Gamer Condition as...

...Lives with mom... away from sunlight... in cellar...

Has bad skin...

xROTx

PS. GET SOME CREAM ON THAT!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Gamer condition to me would mean that it's worn and maybe a bit beat up, but still in okay shape. For a home cart, I'd say that the case may have scuffing or markings, the insert might be a little messed up, and the cart has scratches. It's a step above "beat to shit," like having torn labels, cracks in the case, etc.

This. When someone says it's in gamer condition it usually means it's playable but not for people who like nice shit. I would not buy anything in gamer condition unless it's dirt cheap.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
bought a bunch of ''good'' conan comics- I think the guy must have spent time stacking them to hide flaws and show just nice cover parts. I paid a little more than Just good with no pics would have warranted, not worth complaining about... links plas.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Gamer Condition...

...Poor social skills... considers people on PSN his never met as friends...

...Needs an app to find where the trap is on a real life woman'z...

xROTx

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
"gamer condition" In a for sale text on ng.com usually translates to: While the game is in nice condition, it has some scratches or the manual has a dog-ear. Don't sue me.

On eBay it translates to: Game works, lots of scratches guaranteed, manual missing, may have some mysterious smell to it. No refunds.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Someone submit this to urban dictionary.

definition: A game whose condition may resemble a [dumpster dive] find but works nonetheless.

sentence: i have a couple gamer condition carts for sale. Not pretty but they're cheap and work perfectly.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I am in agreement with everyone else. "Gamers' condition" is exactly what it sounds like. The game may look like shit but it still plays just fine, and is therefore fine for anyone who is looking for the game because they want to actually play it, rather than collect it. I can not imagine someone buying a "gamers' condition" game and then bitching about the condition unless they are an absolute retard. Did this deal go down here on the forums?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Did this deal go down here on the forums?

promo-angry-mob.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is so-called "gamer condition"

View attachment 32176

That's not gamers condition bro. Insert marks does not make a game gamers condition. When it comes to AES games, Gamers condition to me means there are obvious flaws like fucked up insert, torn or faded label, cracked tray, all the above. I wouldn't sell any of my Aes games without describing obvious signs of wear like top or bottom of the insert is worn, water marks on manual, shitload of insertion marks, sun fade. Most of us Aes Collectards take this shit kind of seriously and like to know what kind of shit we are getting but anyone who buys from a seller who says gamers condition has to expect the worst.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I am in agreement with everyone else. "Gamers' condition" is exactly what it sounds like. The game may look like shit but it still plays just fine, and is therefore fine for anyone who is looking for the game because they want to actually play it, rather than collect it. I can not imagine someone buying a "gamers' condition" game and then bitching about the condition unless they are an absolute retard. Did this deal go down here on the forums?

Yeah. I offered to refund the buyer if he ships 'em back.

DSC00445 (Small).JPG

Glad to see I'm on the same page as you guys about this. I will remember to describe AES game imperfections in more detail in the future ;)

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
If a seller lists a game as "gamer's condition", I expect the game works 100% that's all. I would not expect the game, booklet or packaging to be in excellent/mint/collector's condition. If the game is in excellent/mint/collector's condition, the seller would have describe it that way and price it accordingly.

Maybe in your future sales threads, tell potential buyers to look elsewhere if they are looking for mint condition homecart.