Is it bad to remove and insert MVS games frequently?

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Frequently as in about every few days. A local seller is offering a 1 slot MVS for a good price, and I was thinking about nabbing it, even though I would be changing games as often as I mentioned above. Though I had once been told that it's not very good to do it very often, but I had just started wondering about it. Can you help me out with this?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've had a one slot for 5 years, games get changed out at least once a day. Eventually like any cart system the pins will eventually push out and get dirty. Regular cleaning will usually be fine. I don't think changing a game out is going to ruin it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Remember, the one slots were made to be beat to shit in a harsh arcade climate. Something else is more likely to fail before the cart slot.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
As long as you keep the contacts clean and don't play games that have rust corrosion on the the cart edge, it will be fine for a long time.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
It's no different than changing games out on a Sega Genesis. Enjoy the good times and change your games as much as you want

ChrisB

Another Striker
Ive had an analogue cmvs.... for a few years been yanking the carts out in and out of several times a week for a few years. No problems yet.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I usually remove the game board from the cart shell and solder them directly into the system. I have like 30 mv1f boards, but they always start on the first try.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You can't be serious :confused:

Very much so. I even bought an AES and had my copy KoF 2000 US soldered into it. After spending so much money on a rare game like that, I'm not taking any chances. I even drove the system to Boca Raton to meet up with NGF and have them verify the authenticity of the cart. Let me see if I can find the pictures I took on my old hard drive.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Very much so. I even bought an AES and had my copy KoF 2000 US soldered into it. After spending so much money on a rare game like that, I'm not taking any chances. I even drove the system to Boca Raton to meet up with NGF and have them verify the authenticity of the cart. Let me see if I can find the pictures I took on my old hard drive.

LMAO!! pictures please :)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
in and out should be ok as long as you get it all the way in before pulling it out and don't wiggle it around too much.
sometimes instead of going to all the trouble to clean up you can just give a little tap left or right when its in there then power back on, thats dirty though.

oh yeah, don't just slam it in...gentle yet firm.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
in and out should be ok as long as you get it all the way in before pulling it out and don't wiggle it around too much.
sometimes instead of going to all the trouble to clean up you can just give a little tap left or right when its in there then power back on, thats dirty though.

We're talking about Neo Geo not you slipping it to Mrs Karou.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,

Winner - Most erotic video game hardware post of 2016.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Just don't pull out before you finish.