AES carts at reasonable price

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nah, bang for the buck is getting superior shooters on Neo CD:

Aero Fighters 2 $30
Aero Fighters 3 $40
Pulstar $75
Last Resort $30

FWIW I bought NOS of Alpha Mission 2 and Ghost Pilots. I hated AM2 and Ghost Pilots literally put me to sleep. I was super happy to trade those for something I still use to this day.

I fully agree with your CD list, tho Pulstar's a bit more these days, and it would have been my first thought too, but OP insists on AES -- it's his own funeral then. About Alpha Mission 2, well, it has a deeply over-complicated weapon system, some might say intriguing others may find tedious. But that's how the arcade saying goes... once you get a hang of it, this little bastard can be everything, but a cure to insomnia. The music alone is worth the money regardless.

Redguard

New Challenger
Alpha Mission 2 and Magician Lord AES are starting to peak and surpass the $100 mark. I'd surely get those first before the prices start to get out of hand.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm waiting for the Vag Lord AES to MVS conversion that we will see soon.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Alpha Mission 2 and Magician Lord AES are starting to peak and surpass the $100 mark. I'd surely get those first before the prices start to get out of hand.

Mag Lord seems to be going up quite quickly. Although there's, no point in getting mag lord, ghost pilots or any non fighting game/sports game without uni bios installed first.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Mag Lord seems to be going up quite quickly. Although there's, no point in getting mag lord, ghost pilots or any non fighting game/sports game without uni bios installed first.

No point without a Uni bios? Why would that be? Magician Lord has unlimited continues and allows you to save.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
No point without a Uni bios? Why would that be? Magician Lord has unlimited continues and allows you to save.

Really, my bad i didnt realize. I figured it was the 3x continues. I dont like the game so i dont play it much... if ever

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Really, my bad i didnt realize. I figured it was the 3x continues. I dont like the game so i dont play it much... if ever

Thankfully ML is one of the few that has unlimited continunes, which is good because it's bloody hard!

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I would say for reasonable priced AES games (Less than $100):

English:

Riding Hero - $50
3 Count Bout - $60
Football frenzy - $70
Super Spy - $70
Fatal Fury - $80

JAP:

KOF 94 - $50
Samurai Spirits - $50

Keep in mind that these are complete games. They are cheaper if you just get the cart. These are the type of titles I am getting right now. I might go over the $100 mark by a lot some day and get my most desired game... SVC Chaos English AES...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I would say for reasonable priced AES games (Less than $100):

English:

Riding Hero - $50
3 Count Bout - $60
Football frenzy - $70
Super Spy - $70

These are the type of titles I am getting right now.
You mean shitty titles? You could buy Metal Slug on MVS for less than any of those, but hey, it doesn't come with a cool box like Riding Hero so that's worth it.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Since i got my cmvs i'm done with the AES it's a rich man's game, i'm not going to sell it but i'll be concentrating on my mvs and my neo cd, think that's the way to actually get the most bang for your buck.
Gohan is spot on with the list of neo cd shooters as well all great titles, but i can vouch that they're a little more than the prices he's quoted (no offence intended gohan) I also agree with his comment's about alpha mission 2 and ghost pilots, both pretty shabby shooters for me, ghost pilots in particular is woefull IMO, poor visually (and yes i know it's an early title, but still nothing a megadrive couldn't handle), slow, and plain boring.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I see that. I was pointing out what a waste of money AES collecting is.

You're right in every respect, but AES isn't about practical reasons alone. I also collect vinyl since before the Neo even, and that's a waste of money too, since you can get anything for not even half the price as non-physicals, or on digital media like CD's, which by the way could represent MVS carts within this analogy -- alone the space you save is enormous. But what a sweet waste that is. If it was only about practicality, we would just embrace emulation.