Anyone have wiring diagrams for Outtrigger and VOOT v5.66?

rolins

n00b
Like the title says I need some assistance getting my controls to work for these games. Thanks.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
In a cabinet? Outtrigger has the joystick wired to the normal up/down/left/right. Trigger and top button are b1 and b2. Jump sound be b3. Trackball IO chains after the jvs io with a normal usb cable. The virtua golf manual has the trackball wiring diagram.

I don't have a VOOT setup but I think the left stick wires to player 1 and the right stick to player 2.

Last edited:

rolins

n00b
In a cabinet? Outtrigger has the joystick wired to the normal up/down/left/right. Trigger and top button are b1 and b2. Jump sound be b3. Trackball IO chains after the jvs io with a normal usb cable. The virtua golf manual has the trackball wiring diagram.

I don't have a VOOT setup but I think the left stick wires to player 1 and the right stick to player 2.

Thanks. I used the wiring diagram in Virtua Golf manual to daisy chain my Sega JVS Type1 I/O with Optical I/O board. However, my Naomi doesn't recognizes it when I do this. In fact, in JVS Test mode has it listed as "No Jamma I/O board". With just the Optical I/O board plugged into the Naomi system, the test will recognize it, but the game won't boot correctly without Sega JVS Type1.

I also tried plugging both I/O board into separate USB ports on the Naomi system which resulted in "No Jamma I/O board" in test mode as well. I've tried this on my Naomi1 and Naomi2 system.

Maybe my Sega JVS Type1 I/O board is too old of a revision? It came from my House of the Dead 2 which one of the oldest Naomi games.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Ok. In that case I assume the IO has power. Theres a light on it to indicate.

I've used the JVS type 1 and Jamma rev B IO with trackbacks successfully.

rolins

n00b
It just occurred to me that LED2 on the Sega JVS Type1 I/O doesn't light up when I connect my Optical I/O board to it. Hmmm....

rolins

n00b
I bought another Sega JVS Type1 I/O and now my optical I/O is working in Outtrigger. I guess those Type1 I/O boards from HOTD2 ain't compatible.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I bought another Sega JVS Type1 I/O and now my optical I/O is working in Outtrigger. I guess those Type1 I/O boards from HOTD2 ain't compatible.[

HOTD2 is a pretty special setup, since it requires a certain mobo and custom bios. Can't say I'm too surprised that the IO didn't like the trackball extension. Regardless, glad you got it working.