Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Some of you guys have asked me why I am taking such a hardline with Darksoft and his allies...

For all you n00bs or the guys that don't read stuff... it goes like this:

1. 24 months ago... Razoola had questions concerning the potential use of his Pheonix romz in the CPS 2 multi... I was asked to step in and resolve it...

I had hoped it had been resolved after some small amount of drama... however, about 3 months after I thought it was all sorted... Darksoft re-brought up the drama... and so I effectively War room locked him...

2. About 18 months ago... they announced the NG multi... I indicated then that I would release everyone I locked upon Darksoft and Mitsu's agreement to play ball with our memberbase...

This included... answering tech questions, updates... and no drama... (The same conditions I placed on the Neosd Team...)

They declined the offer... which led to Mitsus and a few others account being perma merged with Dion...

3. Then the Neosd was announced... and I was asked to oversee that project... (Upto you how you feel i did on that one..)...

About that time we started getting attacks on our site... this led to getting the big IT tech guns being called in... I can't prove it was them but with every Neosd announcement... the attacks escalated...

Neosd's team got some not so nice attention from the Darksoft team as well...

Conclusion:

This led me to the feeling that I do not like the way Mitsu and Darksoft treat our scene...

To me, those guys treat it like a family wedding where you find one of Darksoft guys has shit in the wedding cake out of spite...

I judge people by how they treat others and when I contacted NG.dev... he was polite and obliging... Neosd has been open with myself and the scene...

This cannot be said for the Darksoft team...

THAT is why I have lost my patience with the Darksoft team and all the people around it... I don't like their fucking attitude to the scene and people...

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well one thing we can say with absolute certainty is that they're childish in comparison to the neosd team. The latest video is evidence of that first hand.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Screen%20Shot%202017-05-02%20at%2023.08.43_zps6xth0yz1.png

Consider this...

The struggle is real...

xROTx

Shake your pants now ! :lolz:

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
For me, the fact that the Darksoft flashcart is using hacked roms to play because he couldn't implement the copy protection schemes correctly is reason enough to get a NeoSD. I mean if you're going to play hacked roms might as well just buy a multi cart.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I don´t think many will care about hacked roms or original roms since an everdrive is always not original. And both carts are nothing more than an everdrive.
I think you can compare this beef with Apple and Nokia. NeoSD is Apple and Darksoft is Nokia. Even if Nokia is throwing Nokia 6 in the ring, it won´t pass by. They are simply too late.

Pasky

I don´t think many will care about hacked roms or original roms since an everdrive is always not original. And both carts are nothing more than an everdrive.
I think you can compare this beef with Apple and Nokia. NeoSD is Apple and Darksoft is Nokia. Even if Nokia is throwing Nokia 6 in the ring, it won´t pass by. They are simply too late.

Everdrive is a product, Everdrive does not mean Flashcart. It's like calling every TV a Sony when it isn't a Sony. For the record, no Everdrive uses hacked roms to run the rom. They emulate the mappers and the bus of original carts, they all use original roms. Only the Everdrive 64 will hack a ROM and that's only games with the RARE CIC a whopping 2-3 games. You sound like a moron talking about things you don't understand.,

People do care about hacked roms because there are issues with the CPS2 multi roms like D&D Tower Of Doom having garbled text because the roms are hacked. It's the same reason some games have bad audio in the 161 in 1 multicarts and other shitty problems.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Everdrive is a product, Everdrive does not mean Flashcart. It's like calling every TV a Sony when it isn't a Sony. For the record, no Everdrive uses hacked roms to rom. They emulate the mappers and the bus of original carts, they all use original roms. Only the Everdrive 64 will hack a rom and that's only games with the RARE CIC. You sound like a moron talking about things you don't understand.,

People do care about hacked roms because there are issues with the CPS2 multi roms like D&D Tower Of Doom having garbled text because the roms are hacked. It's the same reason some games have bad audio in the 161 in 1 multicarts and other shitty problems.

Fucking BIN-GO!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
the NeoSD aims to reproduce the behavior of an original cart 1to1 - even the CRC checks work. this is a substantial difference.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nubz... know fuck'all about anything...

Geez... where are they all coming from?

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
the NeoSD aims to reproduce the behavior of an original cart 1to1 - even the CRC checks work. this is a substantial difference.

+1

This is the most important thing. I will take longer load times with correct Roms over faster load times and hacked roms always.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Everdrive is a product, Everdrive does not mean Flashcart. It's like calling every TV a Sony when it isn't a Sony. For the record, no Everdrive uses hacked roms to run the rom. They emulate the mappers and the bus of original carts, they all use original roms. Only the Everdrive 64 will hack a ROM and that's only games with the RARE CIC a whopping 2-3 games. You sound like a moron talking about things you don't understand.,

Agreed. Calling any flash kit an everdrive is pretty dumb, not all things, even at superficial appearances are equal. Hacked roms have a place, but they need to be put in their place too and that 161in1 is a great example. I've been slowly picking off my favorites on that one since I got it a year ago because of the problems with glitching audio and/or visuals. If that thing actually worked completely right it would be a whole other thing to consider.

sparksterz

Camel Slug

Yep, kinda defeats the point if it doesn't replicate a 1:1 experience...I mean, at that rate why not run an emulator and never worry about boot times again, after all those can also play games just fine.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
if you want the original, buy the original. No need for any Multicarts or whatever. Everybody wants to have the best original feeling with the games running on their systems, noobs, morons, cocksuckers, whatever. If it works, it works. If it feels and plays like the original, than it´s perfect. No need for technical masturbation.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
if you want the original, buy the original. No need for any Multicarts or whatever. Everybody wants to have the best original feeling with the games running on their systems, noobs, morons, cocksuckers, whatever. If it works, it works. If it feels and plays like the original, than itエs perfect. No need for technical masturbation.

:oh_no:

xROTx

Pasky

if you want the original, buy the original. No need for any Multicarts or whatever. Everybody wants to have the best original feeling with the games running on their systems, noobs, morons, cocksuckers, whatever. If it works, it works. If it feels and plays like the original, than it´s perfect. No need for technical masturbation.

You're doing a comparison here spouting diarrhea from your mouth. The main difference here is say there is a hacked rom with an issue, makes the game unplayable/unenjoyable or what have you because of a shoddy hack. When you're using the NeoSD, you don't have to worry about this. If you're using Darksoft's you have to rely on others to fix the rom, what if they stop supporting the device? What if someone can't find a fix? What if the original ROM patchers no longer want to help Darksoft? What if Darksoft disappears? You're fucked.

Like I said, there's lots of bugs present in the CPS2 multi using Avalaunch roms because they're hacked, some are great but some have minor issues, they aren't updated often so most likely won't be fixed anytime soon. That's not to say I don't appreciate Avalaunch's efforts, I'm grateful for their work. But this was a big reason Darksoft wanted Razoola on board with Phoenix roms for his CPS2 multi that started the fiasco.

You don't have to worry about that dilemma with the NeoSD because it's doing exactly what a real cart does. Good stuff.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
if you want the original, buy the original. No need for any Multicarts or whatever. Everybody wants to have the best original feeling with the games running on their systems, noobs, morons, cocksuckers, whatever. If it works, it works. If it feels and plays like the original, than itエs perfect. No need for technical masturbation.

Some of us don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars tucked away to buy all of the originals. Would be nice, but no dice.

Wanting a true, blue 1-1 experience as a gamer shouldn't require a rich man's budget, and the NeoSD delivers on that.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Hacked roms should be used in last resort when no solution is found , Neosd set the bar high : running a rom with a perfect crc , anything below that level will appear as lame , now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Then don't buy any multicart if you don't care about correct roms. Stick to the 161-1.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My main impression of this DS project... is it is all smoke and mirrors...

I am NOT impressed by the lack of real information...
I am NOT impressed by the load times as it has been stated by countless tech Gods how there is only a LIMITED amount of ways of achieving such a cart...
I am NOT impressed by the shitty videos...
I am NOT impressed by the Darksoft supporters who think they know better than the ENTIRE NG.com members knowledge base....
I am NOT impressed by this project at all...

Infact... this project seems to be Vapourware... ie. showy and lacking in substance...

I will make it my goal to weed out you dumb fucks who think that your cocksucking of Darksoft is a match for a website that is nearly 2 decades old...

You fucks are expendable... every last one of you...

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I will make it my goal to weed out you dumb fucks who think that your cocksucking of Darksoft is a match for a website that is nearly 2 decades old...

You fucks are expendable... every last one of you...

xROTx

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.