Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes but switching the adressing and resetting is a lot simpler compared.to any other mode.

Yes your right when one does not really understand the hardware or how NeoGeo multislots operate. From my prospective though (any probably yours too) a few opcodes of 68k ASM triggered though a button the NeoGeo maps as standard is alot easier than planning and then wiring up a new button mech on the cart to do the game swap and force a system reset.

Last edited:

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
OK I've got to ask so here it goes.

[I just purchase my NeoSD so this is more to seek out info]

Where does DS project stand? I ain't creating an account there just to see the status so I ask here.
Also is it going to be AES as well or exclusively MVS?
Is it using DRAM, SRAM, PSRAM?

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Where does DS project stand?

I hear he's butthurt mad at the Neosd team....

NO ONE knows... not even his 6 disciples of ball lickers on his forum knows the answers to that...

NO Hardware specs or videos of the actual device have ever been given...

xROTx

PS. Now play nice... contribute... and wait for the ensuing drama once this released... (IF IT EVER IS RELEASED!)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
so you're looking for someone else to do your legwork or what?

giphy.gif

Looks like someone needs a lesson.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Where does DS project stand? I ain't creating an account there just to see the status so I ask here.

Pretty much what Rot said. There aren't really any concrete details, and a few poor videos on the internet that don't really tell you anything. Honestly, I think when the NeoSD came out with no warning DS shat himself and went back to the drawing board.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Pretty much what Rot said. There aren't really any concrete details, and a few poor videos on the internet that don't really tell you anything. Honestly, I think when the NeoSD came out with no warning DS shat himself and went back to the drawing board.

From the prototype images and his words, I think it uses a mix of Flash for P,M and S and DRAM for C and V. It seems to have 4 flash chips for P roms, one for each game for the multicart, but the other flash and ram sizes are unknown.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
so you're looking for someone else to do your legwork or what?
Well I know for a fact a few notable members here (Raz among them) already have an account there and are keeping tabs (rightfully so).
I personally do not see what's so secret that the forums cannot be seen without registration .... hence the request to be updated.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Well I know for a fact a few notable members here (Raz among them) already have an account there and are keeping tabs (rightfully so).
I personally do not see what's so secret that the forums cannot be seen without registration .... hence the request to be updated.

The last thing I've been told was that they were going to make a video of cart running but the person that was going to shoot it broke the cart while updating, and was waiting for another one.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Bluntly, hasn't the NeoSD killed this project? Certainly won't have helped, I guess.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Bluntly, hasn't the NeoSD killed this project? Certainly won't have helped, I guess.

Since they lost the initiative, unless they have a significant differentiator and/or price difference...I'd say so. Even if they hit those two things, the longer it takes the more they lose out on potential buyers. I'd be skeptical, in general, because they'd have to be rushing to get it out quick which will lead to greater chance of bugs/defects.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Since they lost the initiative, unless they have a significant differentiator and/or price difference...I'd say so. Even if they hit those two things, the longer it takes the more they lose out on potential buyers. I'd be skeptical, in general, because they'd have to be rushing to get it out quick which will lead to greater chance of bugs/defects.

Speed of load may sway in their favor IF and ONLY IF the rest of the features are on parity. Chasing patched ROMs is no fun.

Tanooki

War Room Troll

Watching this thread and a bit more unfold, easily the most likely accurate description of what's going on given what little fuzzy info is allowed out there really along with how long it's taking. Truth is, much good will is burned, and at this rate unless it is as easy or easier to navigate, can run anything thrown at it without jumping hoops, and can fire up a game notably faster than the NeoSD it's a big ass waste of time. Because other than mindless sycophantic idiots who are on the cheer squad that buy it who else would if they knew about the well supported existing option already unless it came out far cheaper despite some draw backs people may forgive.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Speed of load may sway in their favor IF and ONLY IF the rest of the features are on parity. Chasing patched ROMs is no fun.

Here is my take on the DS cart. Take it with a grain of salt

The project has went nowhere since i started this thread. Literally NOWHERE.

My guess is darksoft thought he could make a product "good enough" to get sales. And maybe he could have. Then neosd came out of nowhere and rocked everyones world
Now as others mentioned hes probably back to the drawing board. Probably even picked up a neosd to see how a patch free neo sd card is possible. He's probably trying right now to make a better neo sd with better loading times.

Will he do it?

At this rate it will be years so you might as well be happy with a neosd. Now im not knocking darksofts skills. From what i hear his cps2 flash is nice. But the onion team are obviously experts. If a faster card could have been made without compromise, they would have done it.

Just forget about the darksoft cart.if he releases it the way he says now the people who want a no hassle sd cart wil own a neosd. People who care more about just loading games fast will get the darksoft cart, IF its ever released.

Right now a 99% perfect neo geo sd cart exists. Buy it, and dont waste time worrying until ds actually has something. Which may be never at this rate.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Right now a 99% perfect neo geo sd cart exists. Buy it, and dont waste time worrying until ds actually has something. Which may be never at this rate.

I bought it 2 weeks ago and already received across the Atlantic, but just hearing 20sec max load time (not that I saw them performing such feat with kof2003 mind you) for DS cart and such it's enticing but then again it may just be vaporware (the guy on the video fiddling with something on the back of the TV [presumably the cart on his AES/CVMS] ... what is he protecting anyway?)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
latest Video...

It's 35 minutes... I aint watching it cuz I don't give a shit...

I'll just sit here nicely and enjoy the show...

xROTx

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Skimmed through the video. The loading time difference seems compelling and I liked the emulation of physical slots...but I am not fan of the UI from what I saw. Will have to sit and watch with more attention paid later.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Skimmed through the video. The loading time difference seems compelling and I liked the emulation of physical slots...but I am not fan of the UI from what I saw. Will have to sit and watch with more attention paid later.

You're such a n00b...

The real tech experts are looking at this... a few of them are in chat...

The best thing is to keep quiet and let the big boys play... lest you hurt yourself...

xROTx

PS. And here was me thinking... it was gonna be a quiet month:D

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
You're such a n00b...

The real tech experts are looking at this... a few of them are in chat...

The best thing is to keep quiet and let the big boys play... lest you hurt yourself...

xROTx

PS. And here was me thinking... it was gonna be a quiet month:D

:P

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...AND.. I thought I was a little Azn Pol Pot:

Raz's reply....
**Pics deleted due to Rot being dumb**

Darksofts response... aka... post deletion...

xROTx

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
...AND.. I thought I was a little Azn Pol Pot:

Raz's reply....

Darksofts response... aka... post deletion...

:lol:

xROTx

Saw that too. Send the YouTube link to a friend and told him to check Razoola's question and he said "what question" Refreshed and the comment was not there. That's plain bad.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
everyone should reply with that response.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
While I don't agree with deleting Raz's comments, similar events have happened here, recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.