Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi, stupid question but...not all the (MVS) games are encrypted correct?

If so, how many wouldn't require the FPGA magic?

If DS could focus to the low hanging fruit, and make a cart with early (natively not-encrypted, mame clean roms) titles, but with an almost instantaneous load time (probably not the path they choose, but for the sake of requirements).

I mean, if his card could offer all pre-96 titles with no loading...it still would be interesting I guess.

For $450usd?

Interesting or not... 161-1 cart is $79usd...

Errr... not that I am supporting a 161-1 cart.. I'm just sayin'...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer

If DS could focus to the low hanging fruit, and make a cart with early (natively not-encrypted, mame clean roms) titles, but with an almost instantaneous load time (probably not the path they choose, but for the sake of requirements).

I mean, if his card could offer all pre-96 titles with no loading...it still would be interesting I guess.

Hello,

To my eyes its not just about if the device is worth much or less money or if the people will pay for that.
Everyone can decide where to send his money to, at the end of the day you work and spend your money on things that make you happy, atleast this is what i do with mine. You will never see me telling others : donï´t buy darksoft products, but you will see me explaining why his promisses can´t be delivered or examining a video from a tech point of view. I don´t have any of past Darksofts products cause i think those are imperfect from a hardware and software point of view, but i understand that he took the effort to atleast deliver those products, cheers to him on that side.

I have to say that i am not happy with the lies he said about us aswel, neither i like his hacker actitude cause i know he can´t even code, but he pretendes to look as a super hacker while others do the job, Avalaunch Team, Joergh from arcademodbios.com who did those atomiswave to naomi conversions, and so ...

The issue here is, from what he tells to what can really be possible, there is a huge difference. And then, there is what can his workers deliver, this is another story.
There is also the moral question about cheating your customers selling promisses that you don´t even know if you will be able to deliver, cause he lacks of the required knowleage to even evaluate those promisses.

To be honest, i hate this kind of things cause i bought a lot of things on the past based on promises (just google for boxee for example, 2 years waiting for it to properlly work and it never was)

About your question : only the last games are crypted, others have protections, but 85% of the games should run on the same conditions as flipshop, if he cant just get those running as today there is only one reason i can think about that : the size of the game, thats the difference betwen flipshot and the rest of the unprotected games to just make those run.

Thanks

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
im happy with neosd,i dont care if i have to wait for the game loading.
i spend my money well,the product works perfekt.
but have a question for you neosd.
will it ever be possible to save to sdcard,or savestates?
its a better solution than mvs saves with the battery.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
About your question : only the last games are crypted, others have protections, but 85% of the games should run on the same conditions as flipshop, if he cant just get those running as today there is only one reason i can think about that : the size of the game, thats the difference betwen flipshot and the rest of the unprotected games to just make those run.

Thanks

Thanks for your answer, about the other points, I can understand things are quite messed up now beyond fixing, ending with credibility loss for DS.

Anyway, as Rot mentioned, presenting a non-encrypted multicart would basically offering a 161-1 with less games and for much more money...meh.

I can only join all the other positive comments about NeoSD approach, I'm personally all for a properly designed solution and loading times are not impacting the experience at all... looking forward to other projects, like a CPS1-2 flash card, as it is time for a proper solution on that side too!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member

Well that is what is intresting and where what darksoft has been saying makes no sence at all. With the basic standard cart mapper (like used in flipshot) you'll have over 100 games working right away, with slight adjustment relating to V ROMs you'll get another 10 or so. The fact he has been talking about adding a few games at a time makes no sence at all.

It kind of suggests to me that maybe he is going to have to rely on patches to game code to get games working either with his front end or to remove protections etc.

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
i can only rate what i can see and what i see is an ugly looking gui, that has not improved over the last 5 month. and a lot of blabla in ds´s forum. thats all.

again: nothing, shit, blabla.

on the other hand we have the neosd - already available, with a great gui, a great support & it can play the whole neo geo library++ including sound. everybody who owns one, loves it.

srysly wtf.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
There's not a lot of point in speculating really - bottom line is the Neo SD is here now, and it works, perfectly! I do agree there has been a lot of mud throwing etc - just look at what happened with the forum on the carts release, and then the stuff being posted on that 'other' forum. Competition is always good, but responding to competition by trolling just doesn't help. Super excited waiting for the custom Neo SD shell now!!! That's the other problem I guess, by the time the DS cart arrives everyone will have bought a Neo SD and then moved on to pre-order the next TerraOnion product!

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Has anyone been told or shown that everything is running on original hardware? looks like a RaspBerry-Pi GUI to me even on the scrolling timing and reading speed. could this be just a GUI demo for the minions of darksoftness to choose the flavor of the Kool-Aid? I had my moments experimenting with the Pi and the ugly pandora box so I see how close that is to those.

But one thing is true they lurk around and take notes, Judging by that Neo-Geo CD splash screen
(Minion: hey boss the guys on the website that should not be named asked for a loading monkey from the neo cd.
shadesofflabby: Ohhh they want sprites from the neo cd I'll give them tons mmmmmwwwwahahahahahahaha)

kaironman

n00b
Neosd, you're doing a great job.

I understand that you're angry with Darksoft, he threw nonsensical accusations in his forum and elotrolado.net (theft of source code, saying that your product is not working...), but you should ignore him completely. People is not stupid, your product has been tested and approved by Razoola and sales are good.

You've released a working product. At this point, all he has is a crappy video.

¡No es vuestra guerra chicos!

This is not your war!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Neosd, you're doing a great job.

I understand that you're angry with Darksoft, he threw nonsensical accusations in his forum and elotrolado.net (theft of source code, saying that your product is not working...), but you should ignore him completely. People is not stupid, your product has been tested and approved by Razoola and sales are good.

You've released a working product. At this point, all he has is a crappy video.

¡No es vuestra guerra chicos!

This is not your war!

Hey... it's not War... this is NG.com... it was me who uploaded the new video and nercobumped this thread...

There's a whole NUMBER of reasons I did this... but deep down if you asked me... it was for the Lulz...

We can be all luvvy duvvy... kiss kiss on the forums... but that's not a complete picture of the NG.com way...

xROTx

PS. I liked the PS 2 controller in the Video... I initially thought it was an N64 controller... but hey... I need new glasses..:p

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

FUCK YOU DS!

I WANT TO SEE THE FUCKING DEVICE... and some GAMEPLAY!!!!!

xROTx

Ps... just because Neosd has a jukebox feature... your next video shouldn't be of some samples you stole off youtube mofo...

PUT UP... OR SHUT UP!!!!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
steady on Rotty, no need to get so worked up...

think of the lads...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
steady on Rotty, no need to get so worked up...

think of the lads...

I have a plan Craigster...

I plan to drink a LOT... and then shout a bit...

Wake up... and then drink some more...

xROTx

PS. Truth be told... I am just getting my own back on all the Darksoft cocksuckers who 18 months ago thought this cunt was the NG savior.... and I was barricaded with dumbness...

EDIT: I actually never get worked up anymore... this is part of my grand scheme...

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
ROTFL maaaaaan seriously? I guess my lurking is child's play compared to darksoft's and his minions hahaha

I guess you need some ointment for that dark and soft area where the sun never shines eh? the petty comebacks after you read the news here hahahaa

thanks for the video Rot! made me laugh so hard!

hey softy no more emulated software get some hardware rolling!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

FUCK YOU DS!

I WANT TO SEE THE FUCKING DEVICE... and some GAMEPLAY!!!!!

xROTx

Ps... just because Neosd has a jukebox feature... your next video shouldn't be of some samples you stole off youtube mofo...

PUT UP... OR SHUT UP!!!!

Settle down, Beavis.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Settle down, Beavis.

Shush Butthead...

I got this... it aint as if I'm some virgin on his wedding night who needs a sat-nav to find where to put his "love handle"...

xROTx

PS. You fooks should know by now... I aint even mad...

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Please do some STV and CPS2 menu before ng stuff and the promissed cps3 speed flash. thanks.

I am so happy about the NeoSD. Another flash cart without menu would drive me nuts!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its all very strange, seems things are still not going to plan for darksoft.

Don't get me wrong, a tracker format converter is quite a nice thing for the NeoGeo. However, this does not really have anything to do with a flashcart apart from using it to play the results of the conversion. Listening to the tracks its clear its a long way from perfect still but it could be quite good if improoved more. In the end though this is more a dev / PC tool than anything else.

The butter is spreading very thin ATM. I believe darksoft mentioned there was sopposed to be another video last week relating to showing the prime use of their flashcart (playing official NeoGeo games) but it did not come. He seems to now be trying to push the dev angle, but unless he has a fully working flashcart, and it accepts a direct connection to a PC via USB cable (to bypass SD card when needed), it is going to be no more benificial to devs than the neoSD.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
@Raz

Don't you need the info from M1 to generate the catalog for your V chips and the neo geo logo music uses that catalog?

At the beginning of the video you see the boot sequence and then the intro logo with no sound.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and lived believing that all this time.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Darksoft supposedly sent his buddy mitsurugi his multicart. No info on if its a prototype or intended to be the final version.

Since those two are joined at the hip it doesn't really mean much. Still, maybe this means we'll get to see some real worthwhile footage of the thing.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
@Raz

Don't you need the info from M1 to generate the catalog for your V chips and the neo geo logo music uses that catalog?

At the beginning of the video you see the boot sequence and then the intro logo with no sound.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and lived believing that all this time.

I'm not sure what you mean. The M ROM holds the music data, sample offsets and synth effects. The V ROMs hold samples only.

Status
Not open for further replies.