Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
SO... let's make this clear lads...

Darksoft and Mitsu are making a 161-1 cart and charging everyone $400-$450 usd...

It is NOT guaranteed to work on the "Mame Roms"... I assume that's why the fuckwits didn't want to stay on Ng.com and answer the relevant questions concerning their shitty Product... and previously shitty products...

OK OK... they are dead to me...

xROTx

PS. I am sorta in a "weird" mood... hence... if you're one of the relevant members sucking off Darksofts cock in that thread I check up on...

...I'd advise you fuck off over there and stay there... there's no room for you here...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
What makes you think, they didn't? Just like Chinese multicart bootleggers, who divide their ROMs on multiple carts to maximize prosperity for all carts to come, also Darksoft may have another wave of "enhanced" revisions coming, to reason the disposal of just another bunch of their product. Perfection is not desirable to give away as a whole, it should always be portioned. We may not like it, but it's common capitalism.

Because it would have been that way if they did. When I pointed it out to him again (at the time the first proto videos went up) they were like... Ohh that would have been the way to go but its to late now.

There are many reasons why some games are not on the NeoGeo multicarts and profits is not it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I think... Oliveclaude should shut up...

As I said.... No more room for pussies...

I TOLD YOU LADS at the beginning... play ball... answer the relevant questions concerning the shitty product... you can stay...

BUT.... NO.... I want to create my own shitty forum where my ego is stroked... concerning a project that DOESN'T even work fully and is 6 times the price of the 161-1 cart...

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There are many reasons why some games are not on the NeoGeo multicarts and profits is not it.

But if it's not a technical or legal impossibility, then it is unpredictable to say, if those games won't be included in the future. For generosity, for profits or for whatever reason. But if you are absolutely sure, that they won't ever release an enhanced version in the future, then it's either ignorance or indifference, yet the cash will flow regardless. Not everyone is an idealist or perfectionist, especially if the cash will flow regardless.

Edit:

I think... Oliveclaude should shut up...

Will do. The upper post was made shortly before I read yours. My apology.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Edit:

Will do. The upper post was made shortly before I read yours. My apology.

I was in 2 minds... The post made sense...

BUT... I'm in no mood to play with you guys who have constantly ignored the fact that Darksoft and Mitsu repeatedly ignored all questions concerning their project...

THEN created a forum where they wouldn't be questioned and SOME of our memberbase ... mainly dumbass n00bs are there sucking those guys off... on a project that doesn't even work fully..

Infact... the last fuckin project of there's didn't work fully either... I saw the broken pins... crappy shipping... mod'ding you guys had to do to make that piece of shit work...

THEN you fucks complain when I simply state that I want FULL DISCLOSURE of a project that concerns our memberbase...

xROTx

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I appreciated their ST-V multi-cart, but it seems most things after that have gotten more complex and less fully featured...I had held out hope for an F3 multi, but if it's anything like their Neo or CPS2 ones, it won't be too interesting to me.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well, its a disappointment to say the least.

I'm still keen to at least see how the final product turns out, for better or for worse, but I'm keeping my money in my pocket for this one until I hear feedback from people who buy the final product. Until then, my dream of a true legit all-in-one cart coming out shall continue on. Raz's NeoGeoLand seems much more up my alley, should it become a reality.

Last edited:

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
fuck this darksoft project. i'd love a nice multi for my MVS, but not this one. i'll hold out for NeoGeoLand from Raz. even if it never comes to fruition, it'll still be worth passing on this garbage.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Someone is trying to peddle this turd over at either digital press or racketboy, can't remember the thread. The moment I saw they wanted $400 for something with not a lot of good disclosure or information about it I was having none of it. Overpriced POS unless some real info is made public. At this rate the 161in1 on the market spanks this pos, at least you know what you're getting and for 25% of the cost. NeoGeoLand would be about it for me if that actually did happen.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I appreciated their ST-V multi-cart, but it seems most things after that have gotten more complex and less fully featured...

I was amazed when the ST-V multi-cart came out, and the later firmware tweaks that added auto-reset really made it quick to use. There are still 6 protected games that haven't been patched, though... Astra Super Stars, Decathlete, Elan Doreé, Final Fight Revenge, Steep Slope Sliders, Tecmo World Cup '98. If only those could be patched, it'd have 99.5% game compatibility. (The soundless Batman Forever is a lost cause, but that used different sound hardware anyway.)

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
So it is forbidden to discuss this topic then?

Should the thread be closed for the infraction of doublethink?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's not forbidden, unless you actually like Darksoft's work, then you are one of the guys sucking his dick and risk banning.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
So what are the unresolved issues with the devices? I did read about some audio issues when the cps2 kit was just released but i thought that was resolved. I haven't kept up so i have no idea what the other issues are or were.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its certinally not forbidden as far as I know. I guess there is a very short leash however, so know what your talking about before posting, esp if your only repeating stuff third hand and have no knowledge of that your saying means or if it is even true.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
So what are the unresolved issues with the devices? I did read about some audio issues when the cps2 kit was just released but i thought that was resolved. I haven't kept up so i have no idea what the other issues are or were.

With CPS2 the audio issue was indeed fixed but there are still ongoing problems with games on it. Its not the device itsself causing those problems but incorrect decrypting of the games the device uses, this is why they keep updating them with fixes. It could have been avoided from day one.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The "leash" is sorta tight... I won't lie to you lads...

It's a mixture of things... but the main issue is Darksoft and Mitsu's refusal to even consider engaging with the memberbase here... and letting them ask questions... voice concerns... etc etc...

I offered them protection and a solid memberbase to bounce off... and yes... I even promised to reign in the more vocal members if the need arose...

So... fuck'em and their shitty overpriced... not guaranteed to work project...

xROTx

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The amount of people ready to gripe about the lack of details of the Darksoft multi as a reason to never buy it but then, in the same breath, say they will for sure buy NeoGeo Land carts is hilarious. Even Raz says it's a proof of concept. A very awesome looking proof of concept, but still just that. Guess lack of details doesn't always matter....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The amount of people ready to gripe about the lack of details of the Darksoft multi as a reason to never buy it but then, in the same breath, say they will for sure buy NeoGeo Land carts is hilarious. Even Raz says it's a proof of concept. A very awesome looking proof of concept, but still just that. Guess lack of details doesn't always matter....

It does Twonk.. when you're asking $400usd PLUS for a "concept"... especially when it's not guaranteed to work...

You might as well get a Pandora 3... or 161-1 cart.... for a FRACTION of the price...

If Darkshit and Shitsu wanna charge SIX times as much as one of those for a "concept".... they better get to "selling" the shit out of it with detail and correct word of mouth...

xROTx

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think its safe to say that Raz's reputation for quality products and releases precedes him, in addition to his proof of concept being more in line with what many (myself included) would want in a multi-cart. Darksoft and his project are obviously a different story.

Knowing these things, I don't see any reason why its unreasonable to put some faith into that and "for sure" buy NeoGeo Land carts, should they come to fruition.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It does Twonk.. when you're asking $400usd PLUS for a "concept"... especially when it's not guaranteed to work...

You might as well get a Pandora 3... or 161-1 cart.... for a FRACTION of the price...

If Darkshit and Shitsu wanna charge SIX times as much as one of those for a "concept".... they better get to "selling" the shit out of it with detail and correct word of mouth...

xROTx

I don't disagree at all. Even if something works flawlessly, not answering questions still comes off like you have something to hide, true or not. None of this was meant as a knock on Raz or his work, which has proven time and time over to be quite high quality. More on the mentality of someone already being ready to hand over money without any details whatsoever when, had they done the same thing with the Darksoft multi, they would have been burned badly.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Whichever concept looks better in a VGA graded tomb will be the one I put my hard earned space bucks on.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think its safe to say that Raz's reputation for quality products and releases precedes him, in addition to his proof of concept being more in line with what many (myself included) would want in a multi-cart. Darksoft and his project are obviously a different story.

Knowing these things, I don't see any reason why its unreasonable to put some faith into that and "for sure" buy NeoGeo Land carts, should they come to fruition.
Pretty much what i was thinking. I was quick to be excited for darksofts cart before posting this, but i think ive learned my lesson.

But i would pre-order this type of product if Raz, Krikzz, or JMKurtz released it, because they have a solid track record for creating stellar products, and its obvious Raz cares about the community, and sets high standards in the products he creates.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I'd rather build a mame cabinet before giving that dickless bastard 400$ for a multicart. At least mame works and has better support.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I found it annoying seeing it peddled on non-Neo Geo sites acting all innocent trying to drum up sales, but not going into price unless you have to follow a link trail back to a specific post to find the price point listed. Digital bait and switch. Sorry but for $400 you'd be better off getting a hot call girl or two, at least you'll enjoy getting screwed for that kind of money.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Sorry but for $400 you'd be better off getting a hot call girl or two, at least you'll enjoy getting screwed for that kind of money.

This is what LiquidSnake has been doing after his wife left.

Status
Not open for further replies.