Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
That's another way of doing it for sure, just seems a lot of extra stuff for something that can be done with the control inputs already on the arcade system.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Meh, the more I read about it, the less I like it.

Guess I'll stick with my multicarts.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
2 weeks... that's as long as I'm willing to wait...

I don't care about this project as it seems to be shit...

...what I do care about is more "functional... " to the forums...

Mitsu... best swallow your pride and contact me....

xROTx

PS. Over-riding my initial decision is bad enough... but you ignoring this... well... I'm not going to be awesome happy...

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I usually don't care for this kind of stuff the same way I didn't care about the everdrive and such, but the thing that got my attention is how cocky those guys are and they seem like attention hores, I went to read their forum out of curiosity to inform myself a little better of what the deal was with those guys, they love being praised by their minions, so many offensive comments against Raz that made me laugh instantly, what ever they are peddling with the suicide battery free bios is something that if my memory is correct Raz experimented long time ago unless I'm mistaken.

Why I believe that? is like the SSRPG translation guy, they spoke too soon before having anything at least in alpha version, so they love the attention this brings them.

With the good stuff going on right now, NTM proto release and the work done on zintrick and the release of the roms for CS2 this seems so irrelevant for NG.com right now in my opinion.

Why are they given a chance to show up here? they clearly want to remain as the kings of beggars instead of being just another grunt here, let them be and stay where they are and good luck with their project that I'm sure it will go cold cause of their cockiness.

Is good to have knowledge but is even better when you share it and make things evolve as a group, a single individual may have a tougher time dealing with things that a team can solve in minutes cause nobody knows it all.

Chilli beans to all!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
9 days....

...just a reminder Mitsu... you better contact your mod friend... because to be quite frank... I'm already pissed off with you and your supporters...

I know I know... they're gonna argue that you're good for the scene... and I'm somehow harming it...

The way i see it... you refuse to openly enter any open discussions about your project on Ng.com...

You're currently a Dead man walking... that's the truth...

PS. To show i'm serious about all this... IDC... one of your bum chums... is now banned....

EDIT: Mugi (your friend)... and anyone thinking they're gonna get away with upsetting me on this one can fucking join you Mitsu...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Rot, they're not coming, because they don't give a shit about the Neo Geo. Only $$$.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I believe they're content to do their thing on their forums without concern of what anyone on these forums thinks, says, or does. Because of large overall interest, he's going to sell plenty of these regardless. Be it right or wrong, that's the reality of it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I believe they're content to do their thing on their forums without concern of what anyone on these forums thinks, says, or does. Because of large overall interest, he's going to sell plenty of these regardless. Be it right or wrong, that's the reality of it.

What concerns me is that they'reusing the PM system to conduct whatever the fuck they're doing... against my wishes...

I wanted an open discussion...

They have 9 days... then it's gonna get Apocalyptic on them... and ANYONE one of their friends wanna leave... all they have to do is ask me... and i'll make it happen...

xROTx

PS. NEW plan... fuckit...

No more second chances... Mitsus account now is going to be merged with Dions account...

Anyone want the same fate... just ask...

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Good one Rot. :lolz:

... Mitsus account now is going to be merged with Dions account...

Click on Mitsurugi-w now and get: "Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Posted on Friday (July 29) concerning the status of the multi-MVS cart:

"GOOD NEWS! PROTOTYPE PCBS WERE SENT TO PRODUCTION YESTERDAY. Then comes soldering and fine tuning the PCB. In 2-3 weeks I will be able to show you something really really nice"

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Proto pics are out in the thread on the Arcade Projects forums, if anyone is keen to look.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup, its getting to the state where we will all know what it can and cannot do.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks good but I'm worried about the board interconnects. There needs to be some jiggle with carts and those connectors would be better if they had ribbon cables instead of dip to dip.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Yup, its getting to the state where we will all know what it can and cannot do.

Based on his track record I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Based on his track record I wouldn't sweat it.

For sure, I have seen from the start that it was going to be no different from their CPS2 device despite claims otherwise.

First it was going to emulate a 4 slot, that got revised that back to game switching via a button on the cart. Then it was going to support all original game ROMs in MAME, that got revised back to patches required and only some versions of some games (same as the 161in1). Then it was going to have a seperate OSD menu, now there is no garantee to have a OSD menu but it will will have lcd option. So lets wait and see if there really is a OSD menu or not.

There is no 100% certinty of 100% game compatability at the moment so we have to wait and see if it gives any benifit over the current multicarts given the pricepoint.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
For sure, I have seen from the start that it was going to be no different from their CPS2 device despite claims otherwise.

The CPS2 multi is awesome.

You guys both make cool stuff and contribute in ways I never will, envious.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The CPS2 multi is awesome.

I guess that comes down to prospective. There is nothing else like it but it could have been so much more if they had though about it a little more. Respecting other peoples works, listening to what they were being told well in advance, and with a little more foresight and understanding (how kabuki workarounds operate), they could have had it with 100% MAME original games compatability with very little extra effort. There would be none of this waiting on third parties to release fixes for bugged games that comes with the device that happens now.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
DarkSoft is way too Diva for this place..

there is some hardcore fanboy shit going on in that forum

fucking put up or shut up putito..

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its finally been confirmed that there is no garangee of 100% support for all games (that are in MAME). This means no garantee of a 100% working NeoGeo library available. Mitsu says they should work, but no garantee they will work (or work without bugs). Thanks for making it clear for those expecting a full game library out of the box.

He also mentions something about scaling back the design. From my comments at least they have not scaled back the design at all, they simply scaled back the claims of what the device would do.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Its finally been confirmed that there is no garangee of 100% support for all games (that are in MAME). This means no garantee of a 100% working NeoGeo library available. Mitsu says they should work, but no garantee they will work (or work without bugs). Thanks for making it clear for those expecting a full game library out of the box.

He also mentions something about scaling back the design. From my comments at least they have not scaled back the design at all, they simply scaled back the claims of what the device would do.

What a shit show. But not surprising given who's behind it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I guess that comes down to prospective. There is nothing else like it but it could have been so much more if they had though about it a little more.

What makes you think, they didn't? Just like Chinese multicart bootleggers, who divide their ROMs on multiple carts to maximize prosperity for all carts to come, also Darksoft may have another wave of "enhanced" revisions coming, to reason the disposal of just another bunch of their product. Perfection is not desirable to give away as a whole, it should always be portioned. We may not like it, but it's common capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.