Voting is up for DarkSofts Neo Geo Multi Cart Design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Urgent multis for 20 year old arcade hardware?

You should get on that since it's not too hard. Surely it is worth the investment in time and resources to clone a system that plays less than 20 games.

It's a cold cold world Madman. Prices for cps1 shit has skyrocketed. Ghouls n' Ghosts and Strider are hitting the $900.00 mark on eBay and Final Fight aint much better.

neosd

Neosd Developer
It's a cold cold world Madman. Prices for cps1 shit has skyrocketed. Ghouls n' Ghosts and Strider are hitting the $900.00 mark on eBay and Final Fight aint much better.

things are getting even worst

Empty box and even isnエt mint ...

14k yen :(

crazy.png

saratora765-img1200x665-1502166759j5mhte24743.jpg

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

As much as I'm into real hardware, fuck dat noise. I can't see any game being worth $900. Not even Super Mario 64. And this shit is largely being bought by people living in squalor just so they can afford old arcade games.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll sell my US GnG for $800 + shipping right now.

PM me

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
CPS-1 would be awesome. A CPS-2 solution that doesn't rely on one-millionth-of-an-inch thick pins would be even better. (I'll admit I have one and love it, but God help anyone who tries to remove it from their B-board.)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Pretty big exaggeration there, since Final Fight is still $150-$200. CPS1 games can be converted with relative ease but I guess if people want to pay hundreds for EPROMs burned by Capcom socketed on sketchy hardware that's their lookout.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm surprised CPS-1 prices are so high. Aren't those boards pretty prone to failure compared to something like CPS-2?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm surprised CPS-1 prices are so high. Aren't those boards pretty prone to failure compared to something like CPS-2?

I use to own a really clean Willow board and it was a piece of shit. The main reason I got out of arcade collecting was shit breaking all the time. It seems the enclosed type games work better though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
CPS-1 would be awesome. A CPS-2 solution that doesn't rely on one-millionth-of-an-inch thick pins would be even better. (I'll admit I have one and love it, but God help anyone who tries to remove it from their B-board.)

I hear you on the pins. My multi is going to stay attached to that B board forever.

I use to own a really clean Willow board and it was a piece of shit. The main reason I got out of arcade collecting was shit breaking all the time. It seems the enclosed type games work better though.

Same here. I would store boards away carefully in ant-static bags for a few months and when I went to play them they either would stop working or have some sort of graphic or sound issue. Luckily I never got around to collecting alot of bare pcb boards and got rid of the working ones before they stopped working.

Only Arcade stuff I still own are CPS2 and a few MVS carts. I'll stick to Emulation for the rest.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I hear you on the pins. My multi is going to stay attached to that B board forever.

Same here. I would store boards away carefully in ant-static bags for a few months and when I went to play them they either would stop working or have some sort of graphic or sound issue. Luckily I never got around to collecting alot of bare pcb boards and got rid of the working ones before they stopped working.

Only Arcade stuff I still own are CPS2 and a few MVS carts. I'll stick to Emulation for the rest.

Wise move. I think a lot of arcade collectors have a few expensive paperweights laying around they plan to get fixed but never do ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Wise move. I think a lot of arcade collectors have a few expensive paperweights laying around they plan to get fixed but never do ;)

Ain't that the truth...

The only PCBs I have are the CPS Changer ones, but even they had issues.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
For sure. I need to get some materials and help repairing my boards when I find the time.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
I confess I lived under a rock for the past couple of months, new job and all.
So after all the posturing, videos etc.... did the DarkSoft cart came out or not?
I mean it's been quite some months since it was said they could have shipped it anytime .... so how about now?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I confess I lived under a rock for the past couple of months, new job and all.
So after all the posturing, videos etc.... did the DarkSoft cart came out or not?
I mean it's been quite some months since it was said they could have shipped it anytime .... so how about now?

Nope, not out. NEOSD is though.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Nope, not out. NEOSD is though.

I have one, no worries.

I am just mystified that "oh we're ready", "oh we can sell it anytime" and yet time passes and it looks more and more it was just posturing and the only reason for that was to delay people in buying a product that exists and functions for one that does not seem to be ready even after another 6 months or so.

Now if they had balls they would just apologize for having bad-mouthed a product without really having an alternative, if or when they have something then it will be time to evaluate but for now as you put it, Nope, not out. NEOSD is though.

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
they are wankers,only much blabla,i'm glad i buyed neosd mvs and aes,don't need darksoft's crap.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If they were any good you'd see something by now. I vote for thread lock.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If they were any good you'd see something by now. I vote for thread lock.

I like the lulz...

Also, I'm not saying i'm a vindictive man... but i caught a LOT of shit during this period concerning Darksoft...

xROTx

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Any good reason offered for the ongoing delay? Manufacturing issues, prepping products/packaging, etc?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Any good reason offered for the ongoing delay? Manufacturing issues, prepping products/packaging, etc?

Essentially it goes like this...

There was techinal pros and cons for BOTH versions... the Neosd and darksoft Version...

BOTH could've been compatible but the Neosd team had a professional outfit... and completed a world class project...

The darksoft team payed peanuts to its developers.... and so only got Monkeys to develop the system... and the monkeys shit all over the project...

THERE.. YOU UNDERSTANDEY NOW!

xROTx

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Right now the issue is unibios compatibility of all things.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Right now the issue is unibios compatibility of all things.

I had to Lulz when I saw this post. Headed over to their forum to see more about what the problem is and when I read the issue I just face palmed. It simply hilights just how unknowledgable their programming are.

Status
Not open for further replies.