Roms on Neo Geo X Gold

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Is there a quick and easy way to plays roms on Neo Geo X Gold without taking the thing apart?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You don't have to take it apart, but you do need one of the jailbreak kits, which consist of a modified SD card adapter and a rocket cable.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yup. If you happen to have a rocket cable from one of the expansion packs then all you need is the SD card adapter though.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
How bad is the picture quality really with those guys. Part of me wants to buy one and completely mod the case.

http://omg-snk.webs.com/ - never bought, but it looks "ok"

You just reminded me of something I was supposed to have taken care of ages ago. That guy is trying to capitalize on the omega brand that I have worked to create.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

set_phasers_to_kill_by_shinobigarth-d4htubn.png

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
It never occured to me that I could just throw a RaspberryPi 2 B into the dock. Might just have to look into that...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never used a Pi, but it's probably a lot better. I haven't used the dock in ages since the Neo Emu on the Ouya kicks the shit out of the X. I only use the X as a portable now.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I've never used a Pi, but it's probably a lot better. I haven't used the dock in ages since the Neo Emu on the Ouya kicks the shit out of the X. I only use the X as a portable now.

It would definitely be more about the presentation aspect, putting it in the dock. I haven't turned on my ouya in years.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
You just reminded me of something I was supposed to have taken care of ages ago. That guy is trying to capitalize on the omega brand that I have worked to create.

His Neo Geo X console has similar design to yours..............am I wrong?

DSC04916.JPG

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

just thought of that once i saw the link. plus this dickbag pirated unibios for his shit too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
On the actual handheld, it's bad. On a TV through HDMI it's ok.

I think you got it backwards. In the handheld without stretching the picture is great, pixel accurate. The HDMI signal is horrible and upscaled with a filter...lol, once updated it's all good though, great HDMI signal and all the games you can think of.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
So his site reminds me as I scroll down it like an SNK skit lol. It gets more and more funny as I read. Lol.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
I think you got it backwards. In the handheld without stretching the picture is great, pixel accurate. The HDMI signal is horrible and upscaled with a filter...lol, once updated it's all good though, great HDMI signal and all the games you can think of.
So the Neo Geo X with an update, and you basically have a ROM based Neo Geo that can play all Neo games through your TV?

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Yeah, or you can just run neoragex on a laptop, hook it up to your TV through HDMI. Plug a Neo Geo X joystick into your usb port on your laptop and map it out with joy2key. Or use an ouya. Or different controller. Or different emulator. So on and so forth.

Last edited: