Games with the most replay value

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
NAM 75 can be 1cc'ed with practice but the final boss is brutal if you do it wrong. Easier to 1cc with a friend.

To this day I've never beaten that boss. I've even tried setting the difficulty to 1, boss don't care.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I'm looking for MVS carts that'll keep me coming back. Games that demand practice, memorization, and skill.

Any suggestions?
It's games that are relatively easy to easy to 1cc, that will have the best replay value, for example, Shock Troopers, Metal Slug 1.
And, of course, fighting games, but those are more fun to play against another person.
The best shooters on the Neo Geo are difficult to 1cc- Pulstar, Blazing Star, Last Resort.

Metal Slug 1,2,X
Shock Troopers
KOF series
Samurai Shodown 1,2,3,4
Last Blade 1,2
Mark of the Wolves

To this day I've never beaten that boss. I've even tried setting the difficulty to 1, boss don't care.
You have to have mastered the evasive roll move. Even then it's not easy.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Metal Slug 3 and Shock Troopers. They both have soooooooo much content on one cart.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Metal Slug X and Samurai Shodown 2. I'd list Pulstar as well but it's too freaking hard for me.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 and Shock Troopers. They both have soooooooo much content on one cart.
Metal Slug 3 is one of the best Slugs. But the length of the last level puts people off trying to 1cc it. So I don't know whether you'd say it has great replay value, at least compared to the other Slugs.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
If you have someone to play with, I'd go with Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop 3. They just never get old on a vs challenge.
For single player, I also agree on Neo Turf Masters. Every sessions is completely different than the previous.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Money Puzzle Exchanger > Magical Drop III

Absolutely legit opinion, but I'm a fiend for civic-minded, very respectable adrenaline and if I'm in the mood for brooding, I'd settle with Pulstar's 100% logic requirements.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Metal Slug 1,2,3
Shock Troopers
Prehistoric Isle 2
Neo Bomberman
Money Puzzle exchanger
Nightmare in the Dark
Zupapa!
Samurai Shodown 2,4
Garou
Last Blade 1,2
ASO II
High quality games for great 30 mins-1 hour gameplay

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you have someone to play with, I'd go with Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop 3.
This. I was going to bitch (yup, that's mostly all I do) about noone mentioning PB, but luckily ocean did.
PB2 also has a player vs comp mode, which is nice and adds some replay value.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Windjammers, SS2,SS4, Slug 2 & 3, King Of The Monsters 2, Neo Drift out just to name a few off the top of my head.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!

I once got to that last Boss....only once mind, had cold sweats & nearly did it.
I'll be going back to the Hell again next weekend..i had to get this back:).

damadczar

n00b
Neo Turf Masters
Any Slug really (never gets old)
Puzzle Bobble ... it's all about the dinosaur

I wanted to put Magician Lord in here, as I love the game, but I generally switch to another slot after I die like 5 million times. I can't seem to get better at that game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Games that demand practice, memorization, and skill.

If you're talking 1-player action, Samurai Shodown III is your game. Every AI-opponent has a pattern you'll have to memorize. Then you practice on your response & skillfully execute it right away ;).

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Windjammers
Real bout 2
Kof
Aero fighters 2
League bowling

I don't consider magician lord on the list , it's like slow death to me

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Street Hoop/Slam and Baseball Stars 2 are games I constantly play even after beating the heck out of both.

Street Hoop/Slam and Baseball Stars 2 are games I constantly play even after beating the heck out of both.

I agree. Most of the sports games pack a lot of replay value when you have guests. They may look simple, but they often have a lot of depth to them.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I like to add Ninja Master's to my list and there's a simple reason: the unitary form of the combo-engine. It makes every character similar to play, you won't have to learn every bit from scratch. Everything else though - character designs, backgrounds, music, endings etc. - is different, so coming back feels right at home & satisfies your curiosity at the same time. Somewhere in between those virtues true replay value is emerging.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I agree. Most of the sports games pack a lot of replay value when you have guests. They may look simple, but they often have a lot of depth to them.

That restore job looks great! What do you call it now that it's not a Goldie any longer? Red Cabaret?