Games with the most replay value

atty101

n00b
I'm looking for MVS carts that'll keep me coming back. Games that demand practice, memorization, and skill.

Any suggestions?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Pulstar
NTM if you care to go for good scores
Metal Slug 1 is "easy" to 1CC too

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
AOF 3
KOF '98
Sengoku 2
Blazing Star
Last Resort
Breakers Revenge
Fatal Fury Special
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Shock Troopers
Turfmasters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's just way too many good games with plenty of replay value, better make a list of what not to get...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Legend of Success Joe.

That game keeps me coming back, even after all these years.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Any shmup basically. Also stuff like KOF 98 and such.
The good thing about the Neo is that almost everything is replayable.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Neo Turf Masters
Just about any Metal Slug (except for 4)
Puzzle Bobble 2
Magical Drop 3
Twinkle Star Sprites (because it's damn addicting)
KoF98

atty101

n00b
Pulstar as said earlier.
Magician Lord.
Nam 1975.

I'm surprised to see Magician Lord make the list. Good to know.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

The main reason I'm asking is because I picked up Robo Army the other day and finished it in like a half hour! I was kind of looking for a little more bang for my buck.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The main reason I'm asking is because I picked up Robo Army the other day and finished it in like a half hour! I was kind of looking for a little more bang for my buck.

ya man robo army takez no skill

EDIT: Their suggestions mean nothing until you change your approach.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Did you beat it clean in half hour? I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of the game, it looks better than it plays but then again it's an oldie, it has its merits...the real thing is...you're in for a surprise then 'cause most arcade games can be beaten in half hour.

Edit: Damn it Panda, beat me to it...

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the games i would list in terms of difficulty and challenge

ganryu
art of fighting 1,2
last resort
pulstar
viewpoint

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Legend of Success Joe.

That game keeps me coming back, even after all these years.
It's too bad this type of game never evolved, the game sucks, yes we all know that but seriously though, the gameplay had something going on, that hole 2 button system for the boxing was pretty cool, a very rare beat 'em up. I'm one of those guys that grew up on Kageki, so I'm a big fan of the system, however this time Joe took it a step further by implementing a brawleresque (What a word!) motif. If someone where to take the system, add to it and keep the boxing/fist fight premise I think we got us a freaking BOMBAH!

atty101

n00b
Did you beat it clean in half hour? I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of the game, it looks better than it plays but then again it's an oldie, it has its merits...the real thing is...you're in for a surprise then 'cause most arcade games can be beaten in half hour.

Edit: Damn it Panda, beat me to it...
Yeah I should have elaborated a little. I finished the game with 4 credits. Not a total domination but it was still kind of a breeze.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Check the level just in case, sometimes the Bios my put you on level 1 for some odd reason, you never know, or just level it up and see if you get a kick, mind as well since you already got it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
No mention for Garou: Mark of the Wolves yet? Seems like it gets the most play at all the meet ups and its the only Neo game I still play.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
(personal favorites)
Ninja Combat
Nam-195
MS 1-5
Shock Troopers 1 & 2
Spinmaster
Magical Drop 2 & 3
Neo Bomberman
Last Resort
Pulstar

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The immortal NAZCA duo NTM & MS1 have both poetic ways of making your returns more than worthwhile. Once you get bitten by the bug called Magical Drop III, there's no escape for months to come, similar goes unexpectedly for Dunk Dream, but then again, it's both DECO. If you're an expert versus fighting player, give the second Gekka a chance, if you're not, take Matrimelee and dive into a world of exhilarating madness, with some SNK mythology included. Finally, the shooting game I'd value with the most replay value is ASOII for it's deep and versatile weapon/armor system alone, here money talks... just sayin'.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I picked up a Missile Command and Centipede a few months ago as part of a huge lot I bought. I've been spending all of my gaming time (what little there is) score attacking them.

Neo Wise, it really depends on having people around. The Neo is and always will be arcade, two-player action driven.

MD3 and MPE are really good solo games. Really, any of the puzzle games are. They shine in 2p, but they fantastic solo games.

Fighting game wise is rough, IMO. Most of them are simple or just terrible along with badly overpowered or shitty AI. If you're into mastering a system, any of the "good" fighters are fun as hell to bury yourself in.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
AOF1 is great to 1cc. It feels like you're playing of chopsocky 70's karate RPG.

NAM 75 can be 1cc'ed with practice but the final boss is brutal if you do it wrong. Easier to 1cc with a friend.

I don't think I can ever 1cc Metal Slug 3. That final level. Jesus.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
These are the Neo Games I always goto when I'm in the mood.

Art Of Fighting
SamSho 3
Baseball Stars 2
SuperSidekicks
Last Blade 2
Ninja Commando
Real Bout 2