Games with the most replay value

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Aero Fighters 3. Go for the 2nd loop!

+1

Multiple playable player ships means more ways to play. 1cc'ed the game? Great! Now master a different character! The devious 2nd loop and character variety gives this game legs no matter how you choose to play it.

Edit to add obligatory: "Show me what you Gggooooooottttt". (The drum & bass soundtrack is an acquired taste, but totally grows on ya lol)

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Im sorry but Sengoku 3 gets my top vote for replayability.

I love the king of monsters series as well.

KoF 97 and 98 and sam sho 3 get the most play time around my house.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Senkgoku 3 is an awesome game, best combo engine in a brawler no doubt.

Hey Gaiz, any recommends for some prime time credit feeding?

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm looking for MVS carts that'll keep me coming back. Games that demand practice, memorization, and skill.

Any suggestions?

2020 Super Baseball
Metal Slug 3
Aero Fighters 2 and 3 (the original Aero Fighters was not a Neo-Geo Game).

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
You've bumped a terrible thread.
:keke: You crack me up.

Blazing Star
Metal Slug
Puzzle Bobble
Neo Turf Masters

Always keep these games to hand. Fantastic alone, even better with another player and most important: the last two are wife/gf friendly which keeps the NG on and the soap operas off!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
:keke: You crack me up.

Blazing Star
Metal Slug
Puzzle Bobble
Neo Turf Masters

Always keep these games to hand. Fantastic alone, even better with another player and most important: the last two are wife/gf friendly which keeps the NG on and the soap operas off!

I shouldn't crack you up.

How does this thread address "replay value"?

Being wife/gf friendly doesn't say anything about a game. This is just name games you like : the thread.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
I shouldn't crack you up.

How does this thread address "replay value"?

Being wife/gf friendly doesn't say anything about a game. This is just name games you like : the thread.

Well you do so deal with it.

Besides, the games I listed all have tons of replay value imo. Everything else I mentioned is a bonus!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well you do so deal with it.

Besides, the games I listed all have tons of replay value imo. Everything else I mentioned is a bonus!

What Neo Geo games lack replay value?

And why? ......

See, pointless thread. So funny

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
What Neo Geo games lack replay value?

And why? ......

See, pointless thread. So funny

I take your point. Almost all Neo Geo games have replay value. Some more than others.

Stakes Winner has little/no skill involved so I don't see the point in playing it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Stakes Winner has little/no skill involved so I don't see the point in playing it.
I have to disagree with that, I can't play it for shit, my pal DZ can and he's actually really good at it, one day I will get the hang of it.

Power Spikes II is another deceiving game, I used to think it's just some POS no skill required game, guess again! Played it online in fightcade against a French monster, he showed me what's the deal, I learned a lot about that game that day.

Makes me rethink my stance on 3CountBount, a game I'm determined to understand someday.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cool, I'd really like to understand how it works. Filthy said he'll teach me sometime, I've tried but it eludes me. I'd like to play it legit first, then I'll look into autofire...does the game depend a lot on fast presses or numerous presses?

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Like stated if not all, most arcade games (thus Neo Geo games) were made in such a way you would come back to them (higher score, better performance overall, etc)

Games I found myself always coming back to:

1) Fatal Fury Special
2) Samurai Shodown 2/3
3) Windjammers
4) Real Bout Special
5) Art of Fighting 2 (for some reason I cannot really figure out how 3 plays)
6) KOF97/98
7) Ninja Master's
8) Magician Lord
9) Metal Slug 1 + 3
10) Sengoku 3

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
does the game depend a lot on fast presses or numerous presses?

Yes. With auto fire you'll more or less win every lockup/grapple (which require fast button presses). In my experience, without autofire you'll lose every lockup.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Yes. With auto fire you'll more or less win every lockup/grapple (which require fast button presses). In my experience, without autofire you'll lose every lockup.

Sup andsuchisdeath. I don't find this to be the case. Can you please elaborate on the reason for the grapple difficulty (and at what difficulty level setting)? Is it just that the AI's resistance can spike/vary greatly at inconsistent intervals? (i.e. Fatal Fury 1's arm wrestling mini game)

Additionally, what character are you using? I typically use Terry Rogers and have no issues, opposed to using a character like Red Dragon.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sup andsuchisdeath. I don't find this to be the case. Can you please elaborate on the reason for the grapple difficulty (and at what difficulty level setting)? Is it just that the AI's resistance can spike/vary greatly at inconsistent intervals? (i.e. Fatal Fury 1's arm wrestling mini game)

Additionally, what character are you using? I typically use Terry Rogers and have no issues, opposed to using a character like Red Dragon.

Sure. The handful of times I've played the game throughout the years I would always get out grappled. Couldn't get past the first or second stage... I've never had a sense of technique/timing for the game...I still don't.

I played it with autofire about 3 years ago (with Terry Rogers) on level 4 settings as always..

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ate-this-one&p=3771490&viewfull=1#post3771490

So, I'm not claiming that the game can't be played competently without autofire. I've just found success through using it, while knowing very little about the games engine and AI traits.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sure. The handful of times I've played the game throughout the years I would always get out grappled. Couldn't get past the first or second stage... I've never had a sense of technique/timing for the game...I still don't.

I played it with autofire about 3 years ago (with Terry Rogers) on level 4 settings as always..

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ate-this-one&p=3771490&viewfull=1#post3771490

So, I'm not claiming that the game can't be played competently without autofire. I've just found success through using it, while knowing very little about the games engine and AI traits.

You rock! Thank you for sharing the specifics. With respect to playing without auto-fire:

Although it is possible to win a grapple struggle outright in the first couple matches, stacking melee damage on the AI has the biggest impact on the grapple meter as opposed to only button presses. Once you reach later matches it becomes necessary to stack damage on the AI first before a grapple attempt to help ensure success. Since melee damage impacts your ability to win a grapple once intitated, it is indeed darn near impossible to win a grapple struggle without damaging the AI first once the player is past the initial fights.

Since button taps and damage are both factors that influence the grapple meter, the use of auto-fire is supplementing the damage deficit. However, if a player can pile on damage (run attack abuse ftw), it can make up for a player's lack of button pushing speed to help win grapple struggles more consistently.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Have Super Dodgeball been mentioned? Not sure I saw Super Side Kick mentioned either.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Super Dodgeball is amazing, I've only known one person to ever give me a decent challenge and that was a French dude on Fightcade.

I'll go ahead and say I'm the greatest SDB player ever, so let's see it! Prove me wrong bicthes!

Whenever someone is down for some games LMK, I'm the Super Dodgeball Fiend of your dreams!