Hudson Shooting Watch Club?...

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
How many others have one of these? Maybe we can have some fun seeing who can get the highest score? Maybe someone could make us a banner if there's enough people?

Mine just showed up today...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Try to beat Punkicyborg's score. I'll let him post it in here. It will blow your mind. Dubdubdub's score is about the same too.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I got to try one out at a shump meet. They're definitely cool in a novelty way, with some interesting techniques to get higher tap rates.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Let's hear some of the tecniques for increasing your tap rate...

I had my whole family try it out yesterday. My 3 year old boy got 26. My 5 year old girl got 32. My wife got 55. I got 83. Everyone was having fun with it and wanting to try again to see if they could do better. It's a fun little device.

On the screen there are options for shooting, time, stop, and then 2 ?s. How do you unlock the other 2 options?

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Wait, you can press both buttons?!?!

You can either press one button or alternate between I and II. Rub technique is moving the tip of you finger(s) back and forth across one button as fast as you can

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I've only gotten 86 on the one Xian Xi got me for SS. I need to train :lolz:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
What's the going rate on one of these things? I would love to get in on the action.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've only gotten 86 on the one Xian Xi got me for SS. I need to train :lolz:

I didn't do that great either. It's whatever number shows when you turn it on, that's the alternating method. With single finger(non-scratch) it was about 80.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
What's the going rate on one of these things? I would love to get in on the action.

They seem to be going for anywhere from $25 to $50. Also, those prices don't seem to matter which version you get either. There's 3 versions that I know of, the original smaller square shaped, the re-released rectangular shaped, and the super that is shaped like a SFC controller. eBay has a bunch of overpriced ones, but there seem to be regular auctions from time to time and that's where you can get a decent price. Mine was unused and from Canada for $26 shipped.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. My Japanese buddy told me when they were in elementary school in Japan they had local battles on these things. I can only imagine heated playground shmup challenges.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I didn't do that great either. It's whatever number shows when you turn it on, that's the alternating method. With single finger(non-scratch) it was about 80.

Yeah that 86 was just single button one finger tapping. Haven't tried any of the techniques PunkicCyborg linked.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Wait. This is a thing?

Man this reminds me of button twitching as a kid on NES. damn what game was that? *scratches head*

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I took it with me to a Street Fighter V tournament I went to so my friend could try it out and the guy got 109 on his first try. Blasted my 83 out of the water. Of course he said he was out of practice. I need to get faster!