My CD collection

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Nice collection :)

I see you have Metal Slug so don't miss for Metal slug 2 also.

Im in the boat that metal slug 2 kinda sucks. I think metal slug X is better in every way and really wish we'd of gotten that on cd instead. The slow downs are awful and 2 player metal slug 2 is unplayable. Add that in with the mid level loading on the cd version and you've got a game thats totally only worth about $20 and yet the ebay price with a spine is anywhere from $150 to $200.

Its pretty low on my list of things to blow money on as its a total waste. I could get the MVS of 2 and X for cheaper than just 2 on cd.

Samsho RPG (lol, forget that)

Im amazed myself but, I somehow sat down and beat SSRPG on my CDZ. You'd think a game designed for the cd only wouldnt be one of the worst loading games on the system but man did it test me. Eventually I just got use to it and it didnt seem bad. The games actually really kick ass but, you might as well just play the ps1 or saturn version. All 3 have bad load times but the cd is the worst. Playing the cd version on neo4all is probably the best option.

Last edited:

bignoface

n00b
That's a dope collection. I've always wanted a CDZ but the load times have kinda scared me away from making that commitment. Anyone have any experience playing CDZ games on a dreamcast? I've heard it fixes the load time issues.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
That's a dope collection. I've always wanted a CDZ but the load times have kinda scared me away from making that commitment. Anyone have any experience playing CDZ games on a dreamcast? I've heard it fixes the load time issues.
I used to have a front, a top and a CDZ machine... Although loading times are better on the CDZ, it's still way too long and discouraged me of playing NGCD...
NGCD games on a DC load super fast. Longest loading times are few seconds (2 or 3).

CDZ games...that's a new one!
Come on you know what he meant! :D

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,

Actually, in my opinion, load times aren't bad if you don't mind waiting 30 seconds and don't forget how much money you are saving to wait a little. I usually use the load time to check my cell real quick or refill my drink.

How do you play Neo Geo games on a Dreamcast? Is there an emulator or are you just talking about the Neo Geo games that have been ported to the Dreamcast?

Last edited:

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I also wanted to say nice collection.

I'm curious, have you checked your entire CD collection for disc rot?

I'm planning to check my entire collection soon since I recently became aware of how big the problem is.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I also wanted to say nice collection.

I'm curious, have you checked your entire CD collection for disc rot?

I'm planning to check my entire collection soon since I recently became aware of how big the problem is.
I've played all my games most of them to the end and have had no issues and I check my stuff regularly. Every game I have is also in a sealled baggy.

Actually, in my opinion, load times aren't bad if you don't mind waiting 30 seconds and don't forget how much money you are saving to wait a little. I usually use the load time to check my cell real quick or refill my drink.

How do you play Neo Geo games on a Dreamcast? Is there an emulator or are you just talking about the Neo Geo games that have been ported to the Dreamcast?

You can use Neo4all to run neo cd games better than a neo cd would play them. It however needs to have the games burnt without cdz projection as it wont recognize the later games that have those so you'll need to use copies of all your games not, originals.

I still say people complain to much about the load times on these system. With some AES games costing multiple thousands now even the most expensive cd games are pennys in comparison plus something just feel so right about using real neo hardware. The picture quality of the svideo on the cdz is one of the best i've seen and the audio out of it is great. Its vastly better than any stock aes.

Ive beat ssrpg on my actual neo cd so I guess im a pretty patience man as the load times on that really do put you to the test.

Last edited:

bignoface

n00b
How many people here have actually encountered disc rot? I've seen it with cheap burnt CDs and stuff like that. It kind of sucks that you can't use the original disc with the Dreamcast. Good to hear that the Neo Geo CDZ load times are a bit over stated.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never had a CD go bad on me from age personally. Laserdiscs, on the other hand...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Im in the boat that metal slug 2 kinda sucks. I think metal slug X is better in every way and really wish we'd of gotten that on cd instead. The slow downs are awful and 2 player metal slug 2 is unplayable. Add that in with the mid level loading on the cd version and you've got a game thats totally only worth about $20 and yet the ebay price with a spine is anywhere from $150 to $200.

Its pretty low on my list of things to blow money on as its a total waste. I could get the MVS of 2 and X for cheaper than just 2 on cd.
X>2, of course, but IMO both Slugs on CD are essential parts of a nice Neo CD collection. Weirdly I have MS2 on MVS but end up playing the CD version more frequently, though you are correct the mid-stage loading is a bit of a bummer, but it's not at all bad on the CDZ.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
what goes around comes around hahaha takes one to know one

Last edited:

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I've never had a CD go bad on me from age personally. Laserdiscs, on the other hand...

What happened to your LaserDiscs? I was on a LaserDisc collecting binge around 15 years ago after finding some real cheap.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,

What happened to your LaserDiscs? I was on a LaserDisc collecting binge around 15 years ago after finding some real cheap.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Laserdiscs made at crappy pressing plants are prone to rot, the cause is faulty glue that holds the two sides together. This doesn't happen to all laserdiscs, just certain titles from certain pressings. At this point though, if a disc is going to fail it would have already done it so if you have a disc that works it will probably outlive the hardware if properly cared for.

I've never had one fail on me that worked when I bought it, but there were a few discs I've bought that were already rotted. It's not a huge problem, I've maybe run across three discs out of the 100+ discs I have.

Last edited:

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I used to have a collection sort of like that, someday I'll get it back anyway cool collection.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
NeoGeoCDList-page-001.jpgNeoGeoCDList-page-002.jpgNeoGeoCDList-page-003(1).jpg

Can anyone help me out here. This is my list. Im really trying to get spine cards for my games. If anyone collects for neoCD but doesn't care about spines at all please let me know as i'd be interested in purchasing them off you.

Attachments

• NeoGeoCDList-page-001.jpg
    NeoGeoCDList-page-001.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 50
  • NeoGeoCDList-page-002.jpg
    NeoGeoCDList-page-002.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 48
  • NeoGeoCDList-page-003.jpg
    NeoGeoCDList-page-003.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: